Insurance for kids bikes?

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some good leads on a company that doesn't rape you for insurance on the 50cc bikes for the kids? Best I can find so far is $198 a bike just for PLPD... Seems pretty steep.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have my daughters pw 50 insured threw servus credit union insurance it is about 90 bucks a year for PLPD only

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but I tried to get insurance (theft only) on my little guys 120 sled. I couldn't find any as it 'uninsurable' whatever that meant. Kind of a bummer for such an easy to swipe machine.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have my daughters pw 50 insured threw servus credit union insurance it is about 90 bucks a year for PLPD only

I'll check on it, probably have to have an account which is easier to fix

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about the guy on this site from from darson's insurance? Just curious not to hi jack this thread but i have 4 year old 3.5 feet tall 38 lbs... what bike is best pw 50 or xr crf 50? im not paying 3k for the ktm mini sorry... i have 3 boys all under 4... so thinking of the pw5o this year then crf 50 next year and hand down the pw??? Thank... ill contact darson's insurance and get a snow and mud price for us... stab by

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about the guy on this site from from darson's insurance? Just curious not to hi jack this thread but i have 4 year old 3.5 feet tall 38 lbs... what bike is best pw 50 or xr crf 50? im not paying 3k for the ktm mini sorry... i have 3 boys all under 4... so thinking of the pw5o this year then crf 50 next year and hand down the pw??? Thank... ill contact darson's insurance and get a snow and mud price for us... stab by

i started my daughter on a pw 50 when she was 3-1/2 ( only rode a couple times) with the training wheels that i built she rode it a lot last year with the training wheels ( as she couldnt touch the ground still) this year she will be ridding it with out the training wheels at 5 yrs
pw 50 yamaha suzuki/ kawi jr50/ kdx50 are about the smallest bike you will find

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some good leads on a company that doesn't rape you for insurance on the 50cc bikes for the kids? Best I can find so far is $198 a bike just for PLPD... Seems pretty steep.

okay so Brad on this site could only give me 266 per year... but thats without my house ect ect... he said as a package it may get cheaper???? Glad i live in the north... i will not be insuring my sons 50cc... 300/year plus regy... 3 years i could have a new bike... gov't can go shove it

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
State Farm is 90 per year but only if you have other policies with them. Klondike is 198 / year, a lot of $ for the two weekends that I need it

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
State Farm is 90 per year but only if you have other policies with them. Klondike is 198 / year, a lot of $ for the two weekends that I need it

Yup totally reading your mail there... however there was a guy on here last year somewhere down south that claimed he got written up by SRD for letting his kid rid an un registered OSET electric trials bike... further post reveal you can't even register an electric trials bike in AB... i know we give cops a bad time but im sure RC's would have used some here... maybe im stretching??? lol .. but common... where has common sence gone... im not a violent man but i can stand my own ground... i don't resort to violence but that would just about push me over the edge... so my advise if your riding down south with your kids save yourself a few F-bombs around the kids or worse and get it registered... just saying...

Top Bottom