Installing sled wrap

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
What's the best stuff to use to prep the panels before installing the wrap? I used my heat gun to take the original decals off but there is some adhesive residue remaining. I don't want to use anything that may discolor or damage the panels?

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can use a product called goo gone, Orange glow or just rubbing alcohol.
Clean the hood after with just soap and water and rub dry to make sure there is no film.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be careful with the gee gone. It starts to make the plastic soft and begins to peel.

Hamy

Reaction score
WD-40 first. Eats the crap right off without melting plastic. Then use brakekleen.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought brakekleen would melt plastic cuz i know it does a number on rubber. i used a biodegradable citris wax remover for skis/snowboards that worked really good. I can't remember what the brand of it is but i got it at sportcheck.

• Thanks
Reactions: cs5

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used good old nail-polish remover or acetone. It removes the goo and has never hurt my plastic. Used on multiple quads and sleds. Wash the panels well with soap and water before applying the vinyl. I have a spray bottle with soapy water that I spray the panel and back of the vinyl piece before applying and allows me to move them easily to get into right position.

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I think I used goo-gone or goof-off on my last sled and it turned the black panels a bit white. The only way I could get them looking good again was to constantly wax them with Tutle Wax Ice. I have some stuff that I think will work fine. It's a citrus spray cleaner from a company called "Tacc". The soapy water spray bottle technique is how I install the new decals too-works great. I'll post a pic of the sled when it's done. Should look killer.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
9 cans of brakekleen and a stool and a beer. You dont even have to get up and rub it at all if you have enough of that stuff!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
adhesive remov er will work great with no fade n or melting,,

best thing to do is heat the deacal up nice so it doesnt leave too much residue,, then squirt adhesive and get a plastic razor blade and it just scrapes off

have fun

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had an issue w goo goneUsed it on all different kinds of sleds w no issues, including my new prorideOnce u get all the glue off, clean w soft papertowel and rubbing alchohol and ur good to go

Top Bottom