info on 2007 phazer mtn lite

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking to buy a used one i found. looks to be in good shape 1800 km. just wondering if there are any concerns or problems with this year.just looking for a good reliable machine not intrested in going to the top but like to ride trees and boondock. any info would be appreciated.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on your ridin style of course..... They r heavy and under powered by a long shot. Had one for the girlfriend for half a season. My two cents. Ridin style is key but not a boondocker sled IMO.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one that my son used to ride. He started riding it at the age of 9. Its a stand up riding sled. It is heavier than most sleds that size, but for a light person it goes well in snow. Now my wife rides the sled. She handles it very well. In the deep snow, it does tip over easy, hense why you have to stand up and ride like a dirt bike. And depending on the rider, it does boondock well. Changing the oil filter is a PITA and not fun. Overall, to me its a beginner sled for kids or young adult. Turn key and ride.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had one myself in 07, good sled. I had no issues what so ever, but the one thing the 07's were bad for was the engine braking effect. If you're standing up and let off the throttle brace yourself! lol but boost would be a good addition IMO

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I bought it its in good shape has a 151x14 on it. I've read in a few different places about roll over accessories so oil doesn't leak out does this model need it or just the nytros? Also what are some things a guy can do to lighten it up and get a little more proformance out of it? I'm not interested in boosting it!!
Thanks for any advice

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely put a roll over valve. If you don't, oil runs all over the clutches, inside the engine compartment...its a big nasty mess. As for lightening them u...I have no idea, Never thought about it or tried.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the roll over valve, kind of disappointed in Yamaha that they have not addressed this. I have not tried to pull any weight off of ours....it looks fairly lean already. A float skid helps in the pow.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've ordered the roll over valve, are you guys running the stock skis still? I'm also going to get heavier springs for the rear suspension and it came with a float skid so that's addressed. Anything else a guy should be looking into? It's had it's oil changed and checked over and ran the serial # with the local yammi dealer and all the recalls have been completed. Any tips are appreciated!!

Thanks

doober

Reaction score
my wife had one, we widened the skis stance a bit, just move the shims arround, made it less tippy.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get on and ride, leave the mods to someone else, your going to spend big money and still not have the power you seek. premium fuel only, saw a survey guy using one putting in regular gas, lasted about 3 days, cost him a few pesos to fix.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not looking for more power just a few things to improve handling. Good to know about the premium gas though I will defiantly run 91 octane. That would suck to crater the engine on the first ride! I spent Saturday taking panels off and getting to know the sled a bit more I feel more comfortable with it now. Just need snow to get the first ride!!
Thanks for the tips guys I appreciate them!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there may be a few pounds to lose, although it may get expensive. check a few sled builders, internet searches etc. but get on and have fun.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about the fuel situation...it has a deto sensor and the dash will light up should the fuel quality be less than ideal. That dude must have been blind ;) Personally I have never seen it go off......we have 2 of them and ran on all types of fuel........some prem and some regular. Both sleds are boosted. Just another techy item Yamaha insisted on from the engineering side..........just in case Darwin was operating it ;)

RS

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one in 07, float belly pan helps lots,I did exhaust, intake and clutching and it is a fairly noticeable difference for power and throttle response. Also took off the sway bar, and that sled was fun and pretty maintenance free. Low on power but really fun in the trees and drops or jumps on it was a blast. I put 3800 km on it in two seasons and never had one hiccup. Rode mostly around here but did do four trips to the mtns on it one season and although I never had a high mark....... not even close...... I never was left behind or couldn't get out of a spot.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the stock skis on. As for heavier springs, I put them on but removed them cause my son wasnt riding it anymore and the wife is. I have a set of heavier ones for sale if you are interested.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timbersled rear suspension will fix the rear end issues and drop 30 lbs off the sled if you use fox float shocks. GYTR skis with fox floats up front will drop another 10 lbs. An aftermarket exhaust is good for another 10lbs, a lightweight battery 5 more. Think about getting some betterboards too, the stock floorboards are horrible at evacuating snow and ice up badly

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya stock boards on the phazer are so bad for snow and ice build up, some of the worst Ive seen on a sled since the olden days of the xtra lettuce and tomatoes or xlt, whichever u prefer

Timbersled rear suspension will fix the rear end issues and drop 30 lbs off the sled if you use fox float shocks. GYTR skis with fox floats up front will drop another 10 lbs. An aftermarket exhaust is good for another 10lbs, a lightweight battery 5 more. Think about getting some betterboards too, the stock floorboards are horrible at evacuating snow and ice up badly

Top Bottom