I'm just going to leave this here

MitchellFried

Reaction score
In all honestly you gotta give it to the guy for building a rack like that. Not to many people these days building stuff like that. Whether it's legal or not that's another story with the GVWR.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya likely a smidge overweight - especially with guys and gear.
Good idea though.
Might get by with an aluminum deck and racks or just a cab and chassis and racks. Not sure where the gear would go with the last setup though.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

fisherman420

Reaction score
Heck of an idea IMO as long as its built well and has adequate tie downs, I haul a 2500lb camper on my truck and loaded with gear i'm just legal. With 4 sleds and gear should be close.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Folowed them on hi way the other day..it rode fine. I know a guy that had setup like that back in the early 80's down in Pincher Creek area. He hauled 5 sleds on it Sleds were smaller back then

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya likely a smidge overweight - especially with guys and gear.
Good idea though.
Might get by with an aluminum deck and racks or just a cab and chassis and racks. Not sure where the gear would go with the last setup though.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Huge amount of room under that deck with it being a long box and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there 5 sleds on there? It would be pretty comfy in that cab!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Folowed them on hi way the other day..it rode fine. I know a guy that had setup like that back in the early 80's down in Pincher Creek area. He hauled 5 sleds on it Sleds were smaller back then

Yep couple fellas around GP also ran this set up in the late 80's and early 90's
What's the big deal ???

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 1 ton dually would handle 4 sleds, 4 riders, and all their gear with ease. These guys might be pushing it a little bit, simply based on cab comfort...

I wouldn't do aluminum though, steel all the way.
And the front looks like a single upright- likely from a front mount reciever hitch. I always envisioned building a larger winch bumper, and incorporating the front pillar mountings into that.

Other wise, good work fellas! People quite often forget what vehicles are capable of...

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just surprised the pros aren't on the front. Keep the weight on the back hey lennyr

Top Bottom