Im going to say it....

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert,but I would say that most if not all reserves are very,very well funded,and the people
do not live in great conditions.Why is that? I don't know,but I can take a pretty good guess.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many reserves are well kept and many band offices are run fairly well to.

My rant wasn't to single out natives/first nations/indians as such, I made several refrences to lazy white people as well. But like I said before as long as someone is asking for specail treatment or circumstances they will never be treated as equals or viewed as such. I have a few friends that are status but do not live on the rez, they have good jobs, attended collage and are contributers to sociaty. Im not talking about the guys who save a $1000 when buying a new quad or sled. I in turn also know and have family members that either work just enough to collect EI or live off the welfare system and they are just as guilty in the free handout catagory. Able people should have to contribute in a able manor. For crying out loud, think of how many learning disabled people we see every day that are so happy just to have a job and to be part of something, making them feel like they are doing there part. Not everyone needs a 100k/year job and not everyone should have one, however if your able to chip in even the smallest crumb to the cake it would go alot further.

Racial tension is growing in this country as Indian Affairs can't even agree on their own decision and whats best for them. I hope to see major changes in our social structure in the next few years, changes as to how we deal with poverty and how we handle ourselves as people. There will be no equality as long as others are treated different, as long as a select few are given more rights and more oppertunity then others.

You are where you are in life because of the choices you have made and only the ones you make and determin your future!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with this part.
I have a friend who married a woman who is 1/32nd native.
They are well off, have a beautiful home, 3 vehicles, and are living an above average lifestyle.
They are using the Canadian Government to the fullest extent to pay for education, tax breaks, what have you because they can.
Their kid is 1/64th and they use that to their advantage too.

I aslo agree with the piss test for welfare..

"The government owes me and everyone that has even the smallest amount of my blood line in them."
That is a huge huge problem ,the way I see it.

I agree with others that have said that we should all be Canadians,and that is that.Unless we are all treated the same
our problems are going to get bigger and bigger.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im too close to this, i have 2 nephews and a niece, who grew up in a alcohol, drug infested,violent environment, on the rez. They have the most amazing fight, patience, and willing to change but get handed out BS. But everyone just says Just give them some money? 50 years ago it was that. its not now. These young people dont want money, they dont want anything but to be treated as the same as you and i. They get stereotyped and work their buts off. Its not right.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im too close to this, i have 2 nephews and a niece, who grew up in a alcohol, drug infested,violent environment, on the rez. They have the most amazing fight, patience, and willing to change but get handed out BS. But everyone just says Just give them some money? 50 years ago it was that. its not now. These young people dont want money, they dont want anything but to be treated as the same as you and i. They get stereotyped and work their buts off. Its not right.

Its too bad that people that are close to you grew up in such a toxic environment,I feel for them.
I hope they dont grow up and do the same to their kid's,like many generations before them.
I grew up with a drunk wife beater for a dad,but that gives me no excuse to be the same as he was.
Whatever I do in my life is up to me.
I absolutely despise when people grow up into doushbags and they blame others for their problems.
I was in court one time years ago to fight a speeding ticked and there was a native guy in there infront
of me for a long list of assult and alcohol charges,he stood there and told the judge all about how it wasnt
his fault and he was brought up that way.
REALLY.........you beat up your wife and some of your family members and it's not your fault.WOW
Guy's like that make it embarrassing to be a human being.
There are some very bad white people out there too,I'm not saying that there isnt.
You said they dont want money,they just want to be treated like you or I,well I hope they will go out
in the world and work,pay tax's and not live in "metis" housing or on a reserve.
The best way to stick it to "the man" is to go out in the world and make something out of yourself.

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats sad that that happpened to them but why do you think that happened? Some people just can't seem to grasp that if you keep handing people FREE money they will have no sense of self worth or of what money is. As for the young people not wanting anything I CALL TOTAL BS. If that was the case why keep cashing the checks? I grew up with 3 reserves around our town and went to school with lots of Natives, some were fine really nice people who had pride in who they were and tried hard to make a place for themselves. And then there were others who called us whities, wrecked ch!t and picked fights. After getting beat up would call us RACIST like ^%^& that you start something then try make it someone elses fault. The few that I worked with and still work with have said the best thing for them would be if the gov't would STOP GIVING them FREE MONEY. Thats the only way people will learn. This isn't just about the natives either. ANYONE out there that is able to work should be, there are lots of disabled people out there that just love that they go out and work and fight to have that opportunity. Which population keeps growing in this day and age? Its not the ones who are out there busting there asses for 1/3 of the year to pay for the rest of the #@#$% lazy useless people. They make people piss in a cup to get paid and PAY TAXES but not to get FREE $$%^& HANDOUTS TOTAL $##$%^ BS. The Gov't will never change this either as they are a bunch of whinny little %$%^ they will never go against anyone there to worried about there next paycheck. People just don't give a ch!t these days and only care for themselves. No one wants to work hard to get ahead, just want everything handed to them.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
I am 100% first nations...and proud of it!!!.......The only handout i collect is 5 bux every yr...for treaty days.
Back when the treaties were signed that was alot of money... but now, it only buys me a pack of cigs....Im not complaining about that.
I work for a living, pay taxes, was moved off the rez at 3yrs.
I have used the "hand out" money in a good way= Education.

I have read all your posts and have come to think......wtf am i doing here...sure there are some ppl who dislike us because of what we are..and there are some that recognize our culture and respect us as ppl..clearly some ppl just dont like the fact that we get money for all the yrs of rez schools, land that was given to us by our government.
Just think if you take away our reserves that our government gave to us way back when, what will happen??
We all move to your cities.
And for drugs and alcohol.......we never knew of this stuff until the first settlers arrived, we never owned boats or trucks to get that crap over here......
It seems like a big problem to some if they always post about it. How about send your complaints to the government. All the posts over the yrs is not going to solve nothing. It will just encourage the hate for us. Thanks!!
Suck it up......We are here...we are getting stronger....We are not going away....Brown and proud!!!

To all those haters......what if you peeps were in our shoes(First nations) how would you feel if you came to a site that was based on powersports....and you read all of this....this is very sad.

There are many of us that are good working people....but we get labeled as "indians"
I have endured all this hatred and stereotypes all of my life.....And it doesn't do anything to me...just makes me laugh that some ppl have nothing else to do but bash us. and bring us down.

It really sucks to come to this site, read all these posts, and realize what everyone thinks Our people. I know this site is for everyone. But now i know how some ppl think of my people.

just my 2 cents....and that wasnt a handout.... i worked for it!!

Last edited:

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because I have something to say on this topic,why does that make me a "hater"? Others that have posted in here said that people of many colors get hand outs, it's
not right and it has to stop somewhere.Those comments arent hatred towards native peoples,they are just statments about problems in our country that need to be
fixed.
I dont like wife beaters,I dontcare what color their skin is,what is wrong about making a comment like that?Nothing I hope.
This place we call Canada has many,many problems.Our government is so wrapped up in being "politically correct"that nothing ever gets fixed.Yes this is a public forum based on power sports,but this thread isnt being discussed in the quad or snowmobile section.
One of the BIG problems "canadians" have is that they are so afraid of offending someone that they avoid talking about many things out in the open for all to see.
That is a shame and the less we talk the worse it gets.The last I checked this was not a communist country,so anyone that has something to say should indeed say it.
PS. I have heard MANY people say that they support "piss testing" for welfare.
I hope none of you consider that to beracist in some way.Because I 100% agree with
drug testing for any government support.

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's stupid we need to quit the free funding to them! coming from pincher creek and not being able to walk out of the bank or from the liquor store without hearing "hey hey buddy you got a dollar"! No offense But go FAWK yourself I worked hard for that dollar that i have in my pocket and i'm sure not gonna give anymore of it to someone passed out holding up the corner of a building on main street! It also makes me really really mad that they have rights to hunt whenever they want that is just not right! also all the treaty cards they hand out even if you have an eigth native in you, you can get a status card now that is bs as well! If the younger generations are working hard on changing this then good for them that would be awesome for them and I'm all for it! But all i see here in pincher creek,lethbridge and so many other neighbouring communities here in SW alberta is a bunch of bums passed out on the steet not working collecting and taking my hard earned money so that they can buy another bottle of booze or lysol doesnt not sit well with me! we say poor them cause there money ends up in the wrong hands well it's not our problem that they want there reserves and there the ones who vote in the chief of there reserves (correct me if i'm wrong on that) but dont be coming around looking for more free hand outs because you dont know how to manage money. sorry about my rant I think all people should be treated equal but the first nations in canada get treated better than any other nationallity in canada and that is just not right

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CANADA**** YEAH!!!**** Keep**** it going.......**** Congratulations**** to our fellow Canadians in Quebec who had**** the courage and conviction to exhibit their**** common sense in officially banning the hijab for**** certain transactions where identity is**** mandatory.... It's a start. It's a privilege to**** be allowed to immigrate and to live in this**** country..... not a right. When this hit the**** e-news a few weeks ago, there was overwhelming**** support by the readers who AGREED with**** Quebec 's**** action. **** The letter**** below says it all... keep it going.A**** Letter to the Editor**** (excellent letter)So**** many letter writers have explained how this land**** is made up of immigrants. Maybe we should turn**** to our history books and point out to people why**** today's Canadian is not willing to accept the**** new kind of immigrant any longer. Back**** in 1900 when there was a rush from all areas of**** Europe to come to Canada , people**** had to get off a ship and stand in a long line**** in Halifax and be**** documented. Some would even get down on their**** hands and knees and kiss the ground. They made a**** pledge to uphold the laws and support their new**** country in good and bad times. They made**** learning English a primary rule in their new**** Canadian households and some even changed their**** names to blend in with their new**** home. They had**** waved good bye to their birth place to give**** their children a new and better life and did**** everything in their power to help their children**** assimilate into one culture. Nothing was**** handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no**** labour laws to protect them. All they had were**** the skills, craftsmanship and desire they had**** brought with them to trade for a future of**** prosperity. Most of their children came**** of age when World War II broke**** out. Canadians**** fought along side men whose parents had come**** straight over from Germany,**** Italy,**** France,**** Japan,**** China,**** Czechoslovakia,**** Russia,**** Sweden,**** Poland**** and so many other places. None of these first**** generation Canadians ever gave any thought about**** what country their parents had come from. They**** were Canadians fighting Hitler, Mussolini and**** the Emperor of Japan . They were defending the**** Freedom as one people. When we liberated**** France**** , no one in those villages was looking for the**** Ukrainian-Canadian or the German-Canadian or the**** Irish-Canadian. The people of**** France**** saw only Canadians. And we carried one**** flag that represented our**** country. Not one**** of those immigrant sons would have thought about**** picking up another country's flag and waving it**** to represent who they were. It would have been a**** disgrace to their parents who had sacrificed so**** much to be here. These immigrants truly knew**** what it meant to be a Canadian. They stirred the**** melting pot into one red and white bowl.**** And here we are in 2011 with a**** new kind of immigrant who wants the same rights**** and privileges,**** only they**** want to achieve it by**** playing with a different set of**** rules**** -- one**** that includes a Canadian passport and a**** guarantee of being faithful to their mother**** country. I'm sorry, that's not what being a**** Canadian is all about. Canadians have been very**** open-hearted and open-minded regarding**** immigrants, whether they were fleeing poverty,**** dictatorship, persecution, or whatever else**** makes us think of those aforementioned**** immigrants who truly did ADOPT our country, and**** our flag and our morals and our customs, and**** left their wars, hatred, and divisions behind. I**** believe that the immigrants who landed in**** Canada**** in the early 1900s deserve better than that for**** the toil, hard work and sacrifice those legally**** searching for a better life. I think they would**** be appalled that they are being used as an**** example by those waving foreign country flags,**** fighting foreign battles on our soil, making**** Canadians change to suit their religions and**** cultures, and wanting to change our countries**** fabric by claiming discrimination when we do not**** give in to their demands. Its about time**** we get real and stand up for our forefathers**** rights, we are CANADIAN Lest we forget it I am a**** Native of this Country & proud of it!**** NO MORE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS**** And while we're on the subject - allow**** CHRISTMAS back in stores and our schools!I**** Want my Canada**** of birth BACK P.S.**** -- Please pass this on to everyone you know!!!**** KEEP THIS LETTER MOVING!! Hope this**** letter is read by millions of people all across**** Canada**** !!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am 100% first nations...and proud of it!!!.......The only handout i collect is 5 bux every yr...for treaty days.
Back when the treaties were signed that was alot of money... but now, it only buys me a pack of cigs....Im not complaining about that.
I work for a living, pay taxes, was moved off the rez at 3yrs.
I have used the "hand out" money in a good way= Education.

I have read all your posts and have come to think......wtf am i doing here...sure there are some ppl who dislike us because of what we are..and there are some that recognize our culture and respect us as ppl..clearly some ppl just dont like the fact that we get money for all the yrs of rez schools, land that was given to us by our government.
Just think if you take away our reserves that our government gave to us way back when, what will happen??
We all move to your cities.
And for drugs and alcohol.......we never knew of this stuff until the first settlers arrived, we never owned boats or trucks to get that crap over here......
It seems like a big problem to some if they always post about it. How about send your complaints to the government. All the posts over the yrs is not going to solve nothing. It will just encourage the hate for us. Thanks!!
Suck it up......We are here...we are getting stronger....We are not going away....Brown and proud!!!

To all those haters......what if you peeps were in our shoes(First nations) how would you feel if you came to a site that was based on powersports....and you read all of this....this is very sad.

There are many of us that are good working people....but we get labeled as "indians"
I have endured all this hatred and stereotypes all of my life.....And it doesn't do anything to me...just makes me laugh that some ppl have nothing else to do but bash us. and bring us down.

It really sucks to come to this site, read all these posts, and realize what everyone thinks Our people. I know this site is for everyone. But now i know how some ppl think of my people.

just my 2 cents....and that wasnt a handout.... i worked for it!!

As with anything the bad ones ruin it for the rest. Yes it probably sucks reading threads like this, but as far as i'm concerned the ones living on the reserves who trash their houses, drink, and just cry about the world being so hard on them are different from the ones who live among the population and are a regular contributing member of society. So this thread really isn't directed to you at all.

But I won't ever feel sorry for ANY natives when they have all these extra rights. As said a million times, you want to be treated equal YOU have to make the first step and get rid of all the extra BS you get.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CANADA**** YEAH!!!**** Keep**** it going.......**** Congratulations**** to our fellow Canadians in Quebec who had**** the courage and conviction to exhibit their**** common sense in officially banning the hijab for**** certain transactions where identity is**** mandatory.... It's a start. It's a privilege to**** be allowed to immigrate and to live in this**** country..... not a right. When this hit the**** e-news a few weeks ago, there was overwhelming**** support by the readers who AGREED with**** Quebec 's**** action. **** The letter**** below says it all... keep it going.A**** Letter to the Editor**** (excellent letter)So**** many letter writers have explained how this land**** is made up of immigrants. Maybe we should turn**** to our history books and point out to people why**** today's Canadian is not willing to accept the**** new kind of immigrant any longer. Back**** in 1900 when there was a rush from all areas of**** Europe to come to Canada , people**** had to get off a ship and stand in a long line**** in Halifax and be**** documented. Some would even get down on their**** hands and knees and kiss the ground. They made a**** pledge to uphold the laws and support their new**** country in good and bad times. They made**** learning English a primary rule in their new**** Canadian households and some even changed their**** names to blend in with their new**** home. They had**** waved good bye to their birth place to give**** their children a new and better life and did**** everything in their power to help their children**** assimilate into one culture. Nothing was**** handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no**** labour laws to protect them. All they had were**** the skills, craftsmanship and desire they had**** brought with them to trade for a future of**** prosperity. Most of their children came**** of age when World War II broke**** out. Canadians**** fought along side men whose parents had come**** straight over from Germany,**** Italy,**** France,**** Japan,**** China,**** Czechoslovakia,**** Russia,**** Sweden,**** Poland**** and so many other places. None of these first**** generation Canadians ever gave any thought about**** what country their parents had come from. They**** were Canadians fighting Hitler, Mussolini and**** the Emperor of Japan . They were defending the**** Freedom as one people. When we liberated**** France**** , no one in those villages was looking for the**** Ukrainian-Canadian or the German-Canadian or the**** Irish-Canadian. The people of**** France**** saw only Canadians. And we carried one**** flag that represented our**** country. Not one**** of those immigrant sons would have thought about**** picking up another country's flag and waving it**** to represent who they were. It would have been a**** disgrace to their parents who had sacrificed so**** much to be here. These immigrants truly knew**** what it meant to be a Canadian. They stirred the**** melting pot into one red and white bowl.**** And here we are in 2011 with a**** new kind of immigrant who wants the same rights**** and privileges,**** only they**** want to achieve it by**** playing with a different set of**** rules**** -- one**** that includes a Canadian passport and a**** guarantee of being faithful to their mother**** country. I'm sorry, that's not what being a**** Canadian is all about. Canadians have been very**** open-hearted and open-minded regarding**** immigrants, whether they were fleeing poverty,**** dictatorship, persecution, or whatever else**** makes us think of those aforementioned**** immigrants who truly did ADOPT our country, and**** our flag and our morals and our customs, and**** left their wars, hatred, and divisions behind. I**** believe that the immigrants who landed in**** Canada**** in the early 1900s deserve better than that for**** the toil, hard work and sacrifice those legally**** searching for a better life. I think they would**** be appalled that they are being used as an**** example by those waving foreign country flags,**** fighting foreign battles on our soil, making**** Canadians change to suit their religions and**** cultures, and wanting to change our countries**** fabric by claiming discrimination when we do not**** give in to their demands. Its about time**** we get real and stand up for our forefathers**** rights, we are CANADIAN Lest we forget it I am a**** Native of this Country & proud of it!**** NO MORE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS**** And while we're on the subject - allow**** CHRISTMAS back in stores and our schools!I**** Want my Canada**** of birth BACK P.S.**** -- Please pass this on to everyone you know!!!**** KEEP THIS LETTER MOVING!! Hope this**** letter is read by millions of people all across**** Canada**** !!

Not even going to try and read this trainwreck.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow its a public forum, but holy heck what is with this?

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As with anything the bad ones ruin it for the rest. Yes it probably sucks reading threads like this, but as far as i'm concerned the ones living on the reserves who trash their houses, drink, and just cry about the world being so hard on them are different from the ones who live among the population and are a regular contributing member of society. So this thread really isn't directed to you at all.

But I won't ever feel sorry for ANY natives when they have all these extra rights. As said a million times, you want to be treated equal YOU have to make the first step and get rid of all the extra BS you get.

The young people on these reserves feel the same way as you do. All they have ever seen is a disaster, they didnt ask for the extras!!!They didnt ask to be born there!! They try but when they go to the store to buy a loaf of bread there are called a "chug" or "sqau" . As far as the s+m community i honestly thought there was a bit more depth. Maybe its true that people than can afford nice toys are ignorant oilfield workers that don't respect the environment!!??

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The young people on these reserves feel the same way as you do. All they have ever seen is a disaster, they didnt ask for the extras!!!They didnt ask to be born there!! They try but when they go to the store to buy a loaf of bread there are called a "chug" or "sqau" . As far as the s+m community i honestly thought there was a bit more depth. Maybe its true that people than can afford nice toys are ignorant oilfield workers that don't respect the environment!!??

Because they are more likely to be the typical stereotype by FAR then living to be a upstanding citizen. I don't know if it's different where you live, but if they are living like everyone else in the city or whatever they won't be treated any different. Ya if your in school there will be things said, but EVERYONE gets that.

Ya I know a lot of people have a axe to grind with them, but when you find tons and tons of stolen vehicles found on the reverse close by I don't blame them! But again, it's said to be people on reserves, not the ones who work and make a living for themselves.

First off I don't work in the oilfield (funny how most people say that in a derogatory way though eh?) and i'm not ignorant I just have ZERO respect or sympathy for people who don't work hard in life to get what they want.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Immature peeps that come online blabbin their mouths off running down a race of people. Unreal.
Moderators should delete the thread and the instigators should go find a hole to lay in.

Cyle,SWAT and I have posted several times in this thread,I know what I have wrote and I have read what they
have had to say.I dont think there has been anyone running down a race of people.Topics like this IMO should
be talked about without slinging mud and all out bashing and so far it has been legitimate points that have been
made.(IMO)
This is Canada not China.We are and should be allowed to say what we think.I DO NOT WISH TO DO ANY BASHING
Fact is our country has many many problems,and there should not be anything wrong with discussing them
in an adult manner without the "racist" card being played.
Is there bad white people in this country........ YES
Is there bad native people in this country....... YES
Is there bad people of other colors in this country..... YES
Are people of all colors treated the same in this country.. NO
If all peoples of this country are not treated the same are
our problems going to continue to grow.......... YES
Have I said anything out of line or racist............. NO

How we are treated in this country and what right's we have are determined by the color
of our skin,that is very sad IMO.Our "politically correct" government holds alot of blame.
Go to Service Canada for a prime example.If you are looking for a job,the first thing it ask's
is if you are Aboriginal?Because if you are there is "special help" for finding work.
THAT IS RACIST THROUGH AND THROUGH,I dont see how someone can say that it isnt.
SHAME,SHAME on us and our government.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cyle,SWAT and I have posted several times in this thread,I know what I have wrote and I have read what they
have had to say.I dont think there has been anyone running down a race of people.Topics like this IMO should
be talked about without slinging mud and all out bashing and so far it has been legitimate points that have been
made.(IMO)
This is Canada not China.We are and should be allowed to say what we think.I DO NOT WISH TO DO ANY BASHING
Fact is our country has many many problems,and there should not be anything wrong with discussing them
in an adult manner without the "racist" card being played.
Is there bad white people in this country........ YES
Is there bad native people in this country....... YES
Is there bad people of other colors in this country..... YES
Are people of all colors treated the same in this country.. NO
If all peoples of this country are not treated the same are
our problems going to continue to grow.......... YES
Have I said anything out of line or racist............. NO

How we are treated in this country and what right's we have are determined by the color
of our skin,that is very sad IMO.Our "politically correct" government holds alot of blame.
Go to Service Canada for a prime example.If you are looking for a job,the first thing it ask's
is if you are Aboriginal?Because if you are there is "special help" for finding work.
THAT IS RACIST THROUGH AND THROUGH,I dont see how someone can say that it isnt.
SHAME,SHAME on us and our government.
I agree with everything you said, and would like to add the kids on the reserve didnt ask to be born there!! Its a change that we all have to be part of, in order to be what we are, Canadian!!!
Or i might have sayed that too much, but i really feel that it needs to be discused. Like that link with Wab Kinew here is another. http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/wab-kinew/16bgjdhdc there are thousands of people like him that want change!!!

Top Bottom