Illegal lights

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
<br>
<br>
wow now you have gone and hurt my feelers. Nothing like sitting behind a keyboard calling ppl down. Man it must suck to be that guy!

I'd have no problem telling ya to ur face either ............... js

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 148446
Lol I guess I am a "douch"

As long as your decent enough to turn them off for oncoming or when travling behind.

Years ago I got stoped for speeding, and got chewed out because my over the cab lights didn't have covers, and I had two sets of fog lights in the front bumper. Was told only allowed 4 lights in the front, 2 head lights and 2 fog lights, all other lights must be kept covered at all times while on the highway/road ways.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as your decent enough to turn them off for oncoming or when travling behind.

Years ago I got stoped for speeding, and got chewed out because my over the cab lights didn't have covers, and I had two sets of fog lights in the front bumper. Was told only allowed 4 lights in the front, 2 head lights and 2 fog lights, all other lights must be kept covered at all times while on the highway/road ways.
they don't seem to enforce that law at all here in AB, unless you're driving a big truck. DOT's are all over that one.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't look at the front of your truck and sense overkill?

I have a job working out side like allot of ppl, Up north in the winter your talking about 6-7 hrs of daylight when we work 12 hr shift trust me when I say the lights I have on my truck are used just as much when its not being driven.

I'd have no problem telling ya to ur face either ............... js

LMAO...

I feel I am pretty good about making sure I am not being a hazard to other drivers. From what I have been told (By DOT) you are not allowed to have more than 4 aux lights at or below you headlights (Yes I know I am still over) and you must have covers for them on when on public roads. To my knowledge there is no laws about lights above you headlights for number or covers.

I do have my covers for the 2 20’s and the 40 in my box, can’t fit the covers on the 2 4’s in the bumper and the 2 2s fell off the first time I had them on at hwy speeds.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have been told (By DOT) you are not allowed to have more than 4 aux lights at or below you headlights (Yes I know I am still over) and you must have covers for them on when on public roads. To my knowledge there is no laws about lights above you headlights for number or covers.

I do have my covers for the 2 20’s and the 40 in my box, can’t fit the covers on the 2 4’s in the bumper and the 2 2s fell off the first time I had them on at hwy speeds.

The law states that ALL lights above the line of your headlights must be covered on public roads, DOT approved or not.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Last edited by Boostmonkey; Today at 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling"

does anybody else see the irony in that message :)

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see the point of running brighter lights, yes you see better, the ditches are easily seen, less likely to hit an animal, how ever. And this is a huge pet peave of mine. Myself and by the sounds of others do not like being blinded by your lights. While the lights help you they create a larger hazard for others. Even just looking at the shoulder of the road to pass by your judgement changes, line of sight changes, and even once past it takes a few seconds for your eyes to re-adjust. In these short few seconds of your eyes not being 100%, anything can happen, it can be fatal. I feel Mr need bright lights to see should be held accountable.

Which is why I've started to fight fire with fire. I know its wrong and an Ahole move on my part. But if I can't see because of your lights, I will not dim my brights, flash me all you want. Because now I'm making you feel how I feel. If your behind me with too bright of a light I'll flick on my blind em lights. I drive an older vehicle and my lights aren't the greatest but if you choose to remove my right to see, then expect that I'll remove yours.

It's a dangerous game, but we're playing it.

What someone should do is design a photoreflective or some chemical reacting windshield that reacts with light beams above a certain wave length so tht it like autodarkens...

Sure some of you are like baaah thts dumb haha listen to this guy hahaha.... But if designed properly it should filter out the high beamed lights while keeping a proper amount of light for driving!

Idk, instead of having people rant and stufff maybe one of us should do something about it.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sense that somebody is trying to compensate for other inadequacies.

Yup that i dont have night vison.

The law states that ALL lights above the line of your headlights must be covered on public roads, DOT approved or not.

Please post your findings.
"Last edited by Boostmonkey; Today at 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling"

does anybody else see the irony in that message :)

I am so sorry I had a spelling msitake loko thers soo moer. Wow some people just are not happy unless there pointing out others mistakes.

Puffer99

Reaction score
Best way to deal with the HID guys is to cover your tailgate or back of your trailer with a sheet of stainless. Let the idiots blind themselves.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best way to deal with the HID guys is to cover your tailgate or back of your trailer with a sheet of stainless. Let the idiots blind themselves.

hmm... I wonder if I could justify the new 2013 ford f-350 platinum to the wife because of this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 223

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am so sorry I had a spelling msitake loko thers soo moer. Wow some people just are not happy unless there pointing out others mistakes.

uhhhh, the ironic part is the 4:20 part.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Motor Vehicle Act Regulations

Auxiliary driving lamps

4.09 (1) A motor vehicle may be equipped with 2 auxiliary driving lamps, mounted on the front of the vehicle at a height of not less than 40 cm and not more than 1.06 m, that are capable of displaying onlywhite light.
(2) An auxiliary driving lamp must be directed so that the high intensity portion of the beam is, at a distance of 8 m from the lamp, at least 12 cm below the height of the lamp and, at a distance of 25 m from the lamp, not higher than 1.06 m from the road surface.
(3) An auxiliary driving lamp must operate so that it is illuminated only when the upper beam of a multiple beam headlamp is illuminated.
[h=4]Off-road lamps[/h] 4.25 Despite section 4.04 (2) (c), a vehicle equipped with off-road lamps when on a highway must have the off-road lamps concealed with opaque covers.

By this, your aux lamps can not be more than 1.06M high, anything above that is illegal and considered Off road lamps.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uhhhh, the ironic part is the 4:20 part.

My apologies, I had to ask my friend what 4:20 was now that I understand I see what you meant. I didn't handle that post correctly.

Motor Vehicle Act Regulations

Auxiliary driving lamps

4.09 (1) A motor vehicle may be equipped with 2 auxiliary driving lamps, mounted on the front of the vehicle at a height of not less than 40 cm and not more than 1.06 m, that are capable of displaying onlywhite light.
(2) An auxiliary driving lamp must be directed so that the high intensity portion of the beam is, at a distance of 8 m from the lamp, at least 12 cm below the height of the lamp and, at a distance of 25 m from the lamp, not higher than 1.06 m from the road surface.
(3) An auxiliary driving lamp must operate so that it is illuminated only when the upper beam of a multiple beam headlamp is illuminated.
Off-road lamps

4.25 Despite section 4.04 (2) (c), a vehicle equipped with off-road lamps when on a highway must have the off-road lamps concealed with opaque covers.

By this, your aux lamps can not be more than 1.06M high, anything above that is illegal and considered Off road lamps.

Thank you.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if your driving a lowered mini truck that is lower than 1.05 m you can load it up. :)

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my 31" LED light bar in the mail a couple days ago. I also work outside, in the dark and low light conditions when I am on a night call anyway.......... That said I am not so blind I need $5000 worth of LED's just because. I plan on mounting the light bar behind the grill of my truck so it cannot be seen because honestly I think they look tacky. For normal driving in good old animal country I am in my 6 hi mod on my truck coupled with an 80 watt low and 100 watt high is more than enough for me. I also have the lights aimed correctly and have never once been flashed on low beam in this configuartion. My bulbs are just incandescents.

I too would like to see some super douche bags with their HID's and LED's and whatever else all turned on take each other out......... start cleaning up the gene pool in this province.

That said if you have whatever for add on lights but have normal low beams that aren't blinding, are courteous and use the other lights responsibly I couldn't care less what you have.

Last edited:

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my 31" LED light bar in the mail a couple days ago. I also work outside, in the dark and low light conditions when I am on a night call anyway.......... That said I am not so blind I need $5000 worth of LED's just because. I plan on mounting the light bar behind the grill of my truck so it cannot be seen because honestly I think they look tacky. For normal driving in good old animal country I am in my 6 hi mod on my truck coupled with an 80 watt low and 100 watt high is more than enough for me. I also have the lights aimed correctly and have never once been flashed on low beam in this configuartion. My bulbs are just incandescents.

I too would like to see some super douche bags with their HID's and LED's and whatever else all turned on take each other out......... start cleaning up the gene pool in this province.

That said if you have whatever for add on lights but have normal low beams that aren't blinding, are courteous and use the other lights responsibly I couldn't care less what you have.

Everyone has their thing, mine just happens to be lights. FYI I have had lights mounted behind the grill and the only real way to clean them is with a pressure washer, on long drives when they get covered in road grim this becomes a PITA.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YAWN......another lame HID thread it's a horse that has been beaten beyond recognition yes there annoying and some are illegal but so is speeding,not buckling up,texting while driving,eating while driving,having a beer or smoking a joint, we all do atleast one of these things so we are all quilty of doing something to endanger someone else on the road. The Hid law is enforced if the officer feels like it but for the most they have other things to worry about then some headlights that are both illuminating light.

Top Bottom