Illegal lights

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly, I bet back in the day the guys riding around in their carts with torches on the font got all pissed off when another cart would come from the other direction with some candles in reflective lenses pointed at them. Only difference is they couldn't start up a thread and whine about it on the Internet back then.

Sent from a iPhone
Do it properly, don't be a douche.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the province of Alberta driven by residents with the IQ of a house plant. You can't fix plain stupid. Just turn your head when you go passed said idiot because if the police won't do anything about it, you won't either. And if you do....... well you can bet you will going somewhere you don't want to go.

I used to want to blind them too..... but it's just a waste of a persons time. My trucks lights are plenty bright and I have yet to be flashed or otherwise. I guess part of being cool is being blind....... or driving some POS truck that has stock headlights that aren't much brighter than candles. With that a lot of the trucks these said bags of douche drive have a single bulb arrangement for high and low so installing HID's on the highs only is impossible. Then you lift way up in the air and never re-aim the lights, plus add a bunch of LED light bars and drive down the road like you own it!

Last edited:

butters

Reaction score
I just don't think we are as much of whiners in alberta. HIDs, LEDs, just don't look into them. No big deal to me. Run what works for you.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the bigger the piece of crap the vehicle is the more likely they have ghetto canadian tire hid bulbs.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see the point of running brighter lights, yes you see better, the ditches are easily seen, less likely to hit an animal, how ever. And this is a huge pet peave of mine. Myself and by the sounds of others do not like being blinded by your lights. While the lights help you they create a larger hazard for others. Even just looking at the shoulder of the road to pass by your judgement changes, line of sight changes, and even once past it takes a few seconds for your eyes to re-adjust. In these short few seconds of your eyes not being 100%, anything can happen, it can be fatal. I feel Mr need bright lights to see should be held accountable.

Which is why I've started to fight fire with fire. I know its wrong and an Ahole move on my part. But if I can't see because of your lights, I will not dim my brights, flash me all you want. Because now I'm making you feel how I feel. If your behind me with too bright of a light I'll flick on my blind em lights. I drive an older vehicle and my lights aren't the greatest but if you choose to remove my right to see, then expect that I'll remove yours.

It's a dangerous game, but we're playing it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With that a lot of the trucks these said bags of douche drive have a single bulb arrangement for high and low so installing HID's on the highs only is impossible.

Not true. You can select whether you want HID on the low or not when you order the kits. The low ends up being a regular incandescent bulb beside the HID high beam tube as part of the same lamp. I have them on my wife's car.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had hid lights in my 350 dual wheel. One light quit so I put the best series of pia lights in. I drove to fort Mac at night in the slush and road spray and I couldn't see a thing once my lights were a bit dirty. I came home and put a new kit back in. When the pia lights were dirty I couldn't even tell my lights were on. My hid can be filthy and I can still drive safely.

ya except no one else can... lets face it... we did fine for year with out bright blu HID lights...
if your truck is leveled out it makes it even worse if you have a load on... just saying they are a real pain for everyone else.
sometime you just have to get out and clean your head lights and don't overdrive your lights

me personally I hope they are illegal and cops start yanking them... better then the poor bastards up here that are getting snow covered plate tickets... its winter in Northern Alberta...wtf

Reactions: RXN

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see the point of running brighter lights, yes you see better, the ditches are easily seen, less likely to hit an animal, how ever. And this is a huge pet peave of mine. Myself and by the sounds of others do not like being blinded by your lights. While the lights help you they create a larger hazard for others. Even just looking at the shoulder of the road to pass by your judgement changes, line of sight changes, and even once past it takes a few seconds for your eyes to re-adjust. In these short few seconds of your eyes not being 100%, anything can happen, it can be fatal. I feel Mr need bright lights to see should be held accountable.

Which is why I've started to fight fire with fire. I know its wrong and an Ahole move on my part. But if I can't see because of your lights, I will not dim my brights, flash me all you want. Because now I'm making you feel how I feel. If your behind me with too bright of a light I'll flick on my blind em lights. I drive an older vehicle and my lights aren't the greatest but if you choose to remove my right to see, then expect that I'll remove yours.

It's a dangerous game, but we're playing it.

lol...yes i too have to admitt at time I am so sick of those lights i have played the same game... funny thing is these guys with HID's don't realize that the difference between their low beam and highbeam isn't that diff... so im already blinded... might as well join the fun... seems every lifted truck up here has them...

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the province of Alberta driven by residents with the IQ of a house plant. You can't fix plain stupid. Just turn your head when you go passed said idiot because if the police won't do anything about it, you won't either. And if you do....... well you can bet you will going somewhere you don't want to go.

I used to want to blind them too..... but it's just a waste of a persons time. My trucks lights are plenty bright and I have yet to be flashed or otherwise. I guess part of being cool is being blind....... or driving some POS truck that has stock headlights that aren't much brighter than candles. With that a lot of the trucks these said bags of douche drive have a single bulb arrangement for high and low so installing HID's on the highs only is impossible. Then you lift way up in the air and never re-aim the lights, plus add a bunch of LED light bars and drive down the road like you own it!

wholly crap those LED light bars... i thought CN rail put up a new track the other night... nope just some douche bag in a POS truck driving with a 20 inch light bar... freak... i had to pull over...

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The evolution of the headlight. From a torch. To a candle in a reflective lense. To sealed beams. To quartz halogen. Oh. And now led and hid. Get with the times boys.

funny I have no problem with the factory one... like in BMW ect

but you gotta be kidding me... that makes sence lets all go out and get HID/LED that way everyone can close their eyes or look at the fog line their whole drive... lol.. we are lucky we don't have a lot of traffic in Alberta... could you imagine single lane highway... car after car running after market led/hid lights... fowk me!

not to start anther post but what's with people in Alberta the second they get on a two lane divided Highway they think they can turn on and keep on every extra light they have??? Anyone driver between Whitecourt and Valleyview? happens all the time...

Reactions: RXN

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:deadhorse:
The fact is HID lights in a non HID housing or on vehicles not originally equipped with them are illegal for on highway use. Or lights that exceed a certain candle power (can't remember what that number is off hand) and certain colours.
Same as all non OEM driving or fog lights are not legal to have on the vehicle unless they have covers on them when driving on the highway. Again, off-road use only.
I guess not enough cops have been blinded by them or insurance companies haven't found these lights to cause enough accidents that would result in them leaning on the cops to step up enforcement. It will happen soon enough though.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha, when people do that to me because of my HID headlights and fog lights i turn on my 4 12" light forces on, on the front of my truck and they turn their "blind ems" off as soon as that happens...

That's when I slam on my brakes making you avoid a collision,.. and if not you get charged with following too close and having illegal lights on. In a civil suit I sue you for a new vehicle, time off work because of bad neck and back, which of course will last for about 10+years,.. why,.. All because you wanted to be a douche,.. have a nice day. :)

The one thing people DON'T do is adjust there lights for lifts, full time jockey tanks,.. whatever.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or people running ultra bright FOG lights when it isn't even FOGGY.

Yeah last night I had some douche pull up behind me in town and he had 2 giant aftermarket fog lights each the size of a giant dinner plate blinding the chit out of me pointed up to the moon and when he got beside me it was the monster hat white Oakley type of guy thinking he's so cool with his aftermarket lights on

Sent from a iPhone

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's when I slam on my brakes making you avoid a collision,.. and if not you get charged with following too close and having illegal lights on. In a civil suit I sue you for a new vehicle, time off work because of bad neck and back, which of course will last for about 10+years,.. why,.. All because you wanted to be a douche,.. have a nice day. :)

The one thing people DON'T do is adjust there lights for lifts, full time jockey tanks,.. whatever.

That's when you better be sure its not a jacked up rig rocket behind you cause then it might be hard to sue the guy if your getting scraped off the highway, or if he has a dash cam you could be in a whole lot of trouble

Sent from a iPhone

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one time, on the way home from band camp there was this douche bag with his HD's on and then I realized it was a wahmbulance, and that I should just quit snivelling and bitching,and , and then I woke up.......................................yap yap yap. For christ sakes, if we would all just show an ounce of respect for other drivers this would be a lot less of an issue. I don't even have HID's but as son as people are close enough to recognize that you may have your hi beams on.....maybe, they are flipping out and flashing their lights. If I have my beams on, it is usually because I have seen a need for it. Whether it is because of piss poor markings on the road on a rainy night or due to he threat of wildlife jumping out, that is what they are there for. I don' really give 2 shats if you flash me in those cases or not when you are 2 km away, who is being the douche then? It's like this, whether you are approaching from the front or from the rear, once you are close enough to make out two seperate lights on the vehicle that you are approaching, dim yours. It is no a game of who goes first, or who can catch the other guy at the last second and zap the other guy and get away with it. One day you play games and someone goes postal. People can get hurt out there...believe it.

Top Bottom