If you had to do it all again....

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do it over again and actually try in school. Then probaly go the Engineering way. The life of a flat rate mechanic kinda sucks some days.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I had to do it all over again, I would have left Diamonds about two hours sooner lastnight. :eek:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i would have gotten into carpentry and construction much younger, i enjoy my job, love something new every day, have a great position with a great company, just wish i would have gotten it all started younger.....but hind sight is 20/20, so i'll keep on keepin on pushing my way onward and upward from here on out

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would have taken power engineering over technical engineering, struggled the whole time with the classes ill never use again, took me and extra year and im broke every month, my cousin took power engineering a 1 year course and is now working making 10 more dollars a hour than me and hes constantly going up, can finish his next levels at work and works maybe 5% of the year when something goes wrong. My damn wife is a hair stylist and no joke makes $80,000+ a year and its looking like she will make $110,000 this year, she rents a chair, sets her own hours but the trick is she fits cuts between cuts and colors and sells alot of product. She puts these hair extensions in at $600 a pop and they only cost her $200, thats $400 a hour! RIDICULOUS!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have focused in school and taken engineering.

On the other hand, I have no debt at 25. So it's not all bad...

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Truckin' for 25yrs has been pretty dam good. I would have done things alittle differently though when I bought my first truck and working with my dad...but young and stupid prevailed over common sense :rolleyes: That would be where I'd turn back the clock :beer:

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have never started workin at the sled shop for Mr.T fawk workin here is expensive....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thinking of opening my own gynecolgist office in town, should be able to take a on line course and all good to go. may find something i like.:beer:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I had to do it all over again, I would have left Diamonds about two hours sooner lastnight. :eek:

Well, had a chance to do it all over again.... And I did... And iam regretting it even more than the night before. Whew this rodeo is tough on an old guy!!

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd finish my pilots licence and go for my rotary...helicopters are the neatest thing .....would be an amazing job flying...

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably would have partied way less in high school,and became an optometrist instead of a welder.:d

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would join the forces was going to when i left school but stupidly went the wrong way in life. I still regret it to this day but wouldnt have met my wife and have my boy.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my water treatment licensing and certification ....Now im planning on doing a business degree or diploma via correspondence i figure its a good way to get to upper management in a company like epcor or a municipality. Managers its stupid how much money some can make in a bigger company.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have been a doctor, or gone to a trade that is more in demand

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right out of high school went right to twisting wrenches ....ford kept tryting to screw the techs and i got sick of always fighting for hours.... did a bit of figuring out what i wanted to do and ended up started my own underground sprinkler business .... couldnt afford to take winters off for the first couple of years but now my work season starts when the snow melts and stops mid november...

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is what im goin for --http://sait.ca/pages/cometosait/academic/diplomas/aeet.shtml
then for 2 more years --http://sait.ca/pages/cometosait/academic/diplomas/aiit.shtml

Went to NAIT for biomedical engineering technology, basically same as electrical, FML I hated it. Said fawk it after 1 semester. Financial problems and having to still work was a big reason though.

Still had no idea what i'm going to do long term. Doing construction mostly concrete with my dad right now but don't want to much longer. I really enjoy construction but I don't want to do the physical part forever and it's not that steady in the winter. Hoping to stay in construction, but no idea what.

Parents still really want me to go back to school. Kinda should school comes so easy and actually enjoy math. I'd love to, but I couldn't go to school for 4-5 years and not making any money trying to live.

It's a really tough decision. Hoping to make it really soon, sooner i'm out of hard labour the better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom