If you had to do it all again....

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would have invented the internet........ or invested in real-estate:d

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got such a mess goin' now I have no idea where the wrong turn was made. Booze helps.

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Become a Weather Man, either on TV, or Radio - Where else to you get paid BIG $$$$'s for being wrong 50% of the time.

Think about this way ull never be wrong because if you say +30 as high... lol it doesn't nessecary mean around where u live... Could mean somewhere else... Ur never wrong as a weatherman, thats y i thnk it's a stupid job (but the money is there) lol :p

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have tried a bit more in high school. Been a little safer at the best job I'd ever had, So I would still be there. Grasping for the next rung on the ladder. Then I would have took a step back when I was with that girl and made the right choice.

Either way fate or not this is only a 1 way street, heading in the right direction we're all suppose to be going.

He makes a point... As a teenager i am maintaining a 85-90% average in school (accpt for english lol).. But i am realizing that we work for nothing. I already made well over 15000$ as a kid... and i see freinds and other people that also make alot of money to save up for reitrement and find out tht they have until 65 to live... like wtf not fair... Im just sayin dnt keep ur money ch!t for the future u never knw what will happen tomorow. Live life as it is short... Thats why i decided to slow down on working and enjoy my self some more...

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is another question how many people out there never took post secondary schooling or never even finished high school and make over $100,000 a year?

I finished High school with no desire to go back to a classroom. I fell into pipelining pretty much right out of school and it didn't take long to move up in the small company I started with, and within 6 years I became a supervisor. I thought about going to school for something else or maybe a trade but the problem with the patch is you start making good money and it is hard to get away from that even for just a few months a year. Most days I love my job but there are quite a few days that I regret not going back to school. Over all I don't think I would change a thing. I can take time off when I want and make good money.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Each year this gets harder and harder to accomplish... for most alberta apprenticeships you need a high school diploma..

Minimum entrance requirements range from Grade 9 to Grade 12, depending on the trade. However, most employers prefer to hire high school graduates.

And not having high school can adversly affect any chance of advancement into a managerial position.

Secondary education is the new high-school, many employers will not even consider someone for a management position, or will choose to keep an employee with secondary over one without.

I took 1 year of college then went to work in the field surveying, lots of guys worked as chainman without any formal training but they would never be considered for a party chief position...

I got out of surveying and into the cooling tower game, if I wanted a chance to run jobs I needed to go to fairview college to take my CT tech. certification.... started working as safety with ICT got my NCSO, been almost 15 years in safety and currently working on my OH&S @ UofA and will write my CRSP exam in 2012... any upper management positions require university, even if it is not directly related to the field, but it is a must.

Not saying someone has to go to university right out of highschool but in this day in age to think you will be able to climb a corporate ladder without eventually continuing on in school is niave. those that do are few and far between and becomming more rare each year...

Here is another question how many people out there never took post secondary schooling or never even finished high school and make over $100,000 a year?

I finished High school with no desire to go back to a classroom. I fell into pipelining pretty much right out of school and it didn't take long to move up in the small company I started with, and within 6 years I became a supervisor. I thought about going to school for something else or maybe a trade but the problem with the patch is you start making good money and it is hard to get away from that even for just a few months a year. Most days I love my job but there are quite a few days that I regret not going back to school. Over all I don't think I would change a thing. I can take time off when I want and make good money.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have taken something with a less competition. Worked up a pretty good resume in 9 years in Emerg Services but it can be hard to find jobs. If anyone knows of a Fire or EMS job around Edmo let me know. Maybe I can go to the Caribbean or somewhere warm?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have taken something with a less competition. Worked up a pretty good resume in 9 years in Emerg Services but it can be hard to find jobs. If anyone knows of a Fire or EMS job around Edmo let me know. Maybe I can go to the Caribbean or somewhere warm?

please stay where you are. its for everyones safety

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
please stay where you are. its for everyones safety

Judging by your birthday facebook status you could use a medic following you around for when you have more than 3 beer and make a mess of yourself:d

Top Bottom