ICF block Garage

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone in here build a garage with ICF blocks my basement is done with them and I love it thinking on doing the garage with them don't need to strap the walls when putting tin on and no need for insulation and would be cheap to heat

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
home depot is big into it....

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.6inch-standard-block.1000703849.html

p_1000703849.jpg

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a company that is going to give me a quote for the blocks I going 34 by 42 by 12 foot walls I will keep you posted and I going to use them as my frost wall 4 feet below ground

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have a company that is going to give me a quote for the blocks I going 34 by 42 by 12 foot walls I will keep you posted and I going to use them as my frost wall 4 feet below ground

Collin are you sure you don't have to strap the walls for siding and interior finish? Anything I have seen has some sort of strapping. Maybe there is new product that I am not familiar with and they have incorporated something within the blocks.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy just finish building his 30,000 square foot shop with ICF blocks tin inside and outside no straping there is plastic strips in the block you screw too

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The plastic strips run up and down. Need horizontal backing for wall metal. You can attach drywall to the inside strips but I recommend strapping the outside for wall metal. If you want a perfect building strap the outside before pouring the walls. Helps keep things square.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would look into this method. Foam and steel studs. No concrete except for the footings. Can do the whole wall righ to the roof.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you NOT go this route ? Entire homes have been built in Ont. like this. great idea and fast.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would look into this method. Foam and steel studs. No concrete except for the footings. Can do the whole wall righ to the roof.
Been around a few basements with these and I would not go this route more money than icf and not the strength until you strap inside wall with plywood you cannot beat concrete.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love ICF , even more when it is strapped ....makes wiring & Finnishing so much easier....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just built a garage and used them for my grade beam, used ic forming out of Ardrossen and they did an awesome job. Did just a 2x6 wall thou. The reason I went with this for my grade beam was to utilize the option of the floating slab edge for my floor. When the grade beam was done I was left with a 4" lip all around the grade beam, I poured a 6" floor that just floats, floor should not crack.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built a 35x45 shop ICF 4 ft grade beam 3 feet in ground then wood 2x6 walls 16 ft high. Spray foam 4in in 2x6 wall. Ran wiring then one row 1/2in plywood. then strap and tin. 12in pile 10 ft down every 8ft sq, 1 in foam board on sand then rebar, in floor heating line then poured. siding om out side 18in of cellulite in attic. Did same for 1800 sq ft house with ICF basement with 900sq ft garage and heat all this to 20' c for 180.00 a month. Did basement my self so cost was same as concrete. spray foam in walls was a little more than pink ins. but better in long term.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pete gads;. 12in pile 10 ft down every 8ft sq said:
Curious how much rebar you did in your floor. To make a true suspended floor with piles takes a lot of rebar. If you just did a normal grid your not using the piles to there full potential.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With ICF make sure you get it right the first time. These buildings are a real pain to renovate/modify after there up even during the build. You might want to look into a pole building. You can foam the walls if efficiency is important to you

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With ICF make sure you get it right the first time. These buildings are a real pain to renovate/modify after there up even during the build. You might want to look into a pole building. You can foam the walls if efficiency is important to you
You cant build a pole building in town great for a farm yard

Top Bottom