Ice entombed drive belt gear

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing to watch out for Ice entombed bottom gear as all the snow built up and must of froze enough block the hole under the drive belt. So when I went to offload it wasn't a pretty sound rolling off my deck, and if you ride hard all day and just load up your going to have to thaw/chip out the ice that's in cased it to ride the next day. The real answer would be a heated trailer, or just make sure you clear the snow at the end of the day.

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing to watch out for Ice entombed bottom gear as all the snow built up and must of froze enough block the hole under the drive belt. So when I went to offload it wasn't a pretty sound rolling off my deck, and if you ride hard all day and just load up your going to have thaw/chip out the ice that's in cased it to ride the next day. The real answer would be a heated trailer, or just make sure you clear the snow at the end of the day.

:(:( :( :( :(

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sure is nice to have the belt drive with NOISSUES. Sure hard to beat the proven chaincase. Snow build up is never an issue.

Well, its always a good thing to check things over before putting your trusty steed to bed....cleaning snow and ice and prepping for the next day. Food and water too (fuel and oil) :)

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should look into those foot well plates and seal the edges with black silicone to keep the snow out.
Whatever does get in for snow should melt from the muffler heat.
It's worth a try.

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's exactly why I posted this just clear the snow and your good to go, as it will not be fun when she's froze stiff and all your buddies are waiting for you thaw your new ride!! Just One more thing to routinely check before putting er away for the night:beer:

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should look into those foot well plates and seal the edges with black silicone to keep the snow out.
Whatever does get in for snow should melt from the muffler heat.
It's worth a try.
I only rode in 2 feet of snow and a lot of it was ingested through the hood/side panel, and it takes 10 seconds to check it.

96sherm

Reaction score
My thoughts... Carry a track jack on your trailer, or have a buddy who doesn't mind the possibility of losing his nuts, lift the track and throttle up for a few seconds to clear the collected snow off the cogs. In my mind, problem solved.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea a .50 piece of light plastic to cover the belt drive would of been to complicated.. we all said this is going to be a issue. i have a home made cover over my belt drive system, its not pretty but it keeps the belt clean and dry..

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just purchased the fix for the snow injestion from Parkland Motorsports. Skin makes a mesh plates($70+tax) that covers the opening by the footwells on both the clutch/drive belt side, and this should cut down on the snow entering. After every ride even around here there has been enough snow and ice build up that if i don't open up the side panel and clear it all out she is froze up. I hope this helps

sledtime

Reaction score
Here goes my very first post. I am so glad to see a manufacturer taking a leap and killing all other brands on weight. We finally have a sled light and full of power ( what all sledders want) and all you pussies do is complain about us is cleaning a little snow away at the end of day. I'm so close to the end of forums for that reason. If you want a kick ass sled it won't be completely turn key Paris!! Lol.

FeethookersCanada

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have XXXmodrods footwell vents in stock $65 plus tax. They work awesome and a nice clean look.

IMG_0781.jpg
IMG_1092.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here goes my very first post. I am so glad to see a manufacturer taking a leap and killing all other brands on weight. We finally have a sled light and full of power ( what all sledders want) and all you pussies do is complain about us is cleaning a little snow away at the end of day. I'm so close to the end of forums for that reason. If you want a kick ass sled it won't be completely turn key Paris!! Lol.
well, if it saves one person from stripping the cogs off their belt I would think the post is worth it. that's what these forums are for, to make others aware of issues because the dealer sure as hell isn't going to tell you to do it. nice first post, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out....

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
If you want a kick ass sled, it won't be a Polaris.....lol...fixed that for ya.... ;)

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, if it saves one person from stripping the cogs off their belt I would think the post is worth it. that's what these forums are for, to make others aware of issues because the dealer sure as hell isn't going to tell you to do it. nice first post, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out....

I agree that these forums will let you know about EVERY problem out there, the problem is that some people use it only to try and make themselves feel better about the brand they are riding, I can't say that I see that from you, generally speaking your posts have useful links or information but some guys wow. As for the snow build up, I clean out everything at the end of the day suspension and all otherwise it's just a frozen mess in the morning, why would anyone wait till it freezes solid?

geo

Reaction score
Of all the sleds I have ever owned this Poo is the best out of the box at venting the heat and keeping snow out. Good job Poo.
Most sleds have taken me hours of adding vents and sealing to work well in the early season snow. Other than the belt drive area it has needed nothing.

The belt drive is a new (and envious for many it seems) thing and it's "openess" and "unprotectedness" had me concerned too. So I took a 5.5" x 9" piece of UHM 1/4" plastic, bucket of hot water, bean bag, and dead blow mallet. Drop the plastic in the hot water, pull it out and start to shape it to fit like a mini skid plate under the belt drive. Drop it in the water again and use the bean bag and mallet to shape some sharper bends. One more drop in the bucket for final fit and pop rivet into place.
Seal the tunnel side with silly s**t (leave a little drain hole), cut some pet screen and mount it in the footwell with multi-colored zap straps so your friends can see what kind of a "tool man" you can be and your done, in less time than it takes to read this forum.
If you want to make it "bullet proof" you can make a "frame" for the outside and leading edge from 1/2" .100" aluminum angle to be riveted in with the plastic on the inside. I can jack the whole sled up on this one spot and jump on the running boards and no "touchy" but still some give.

So you can seal it or you can talk about it.

Top Bottom