Ice Age Pro Motion.......thoughts?

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first thought, is it's fixing a problem that doesn't really exist. Has anyone ever said they wished there PRO or M was easier to put on edge??

I would think those that feel they need it would be better off investing in more fuel for riding then another gimmick, at least as far as the PRO and Cat go. I havn't piloted a Viper yet, but if it's as much lighter as they say then it's 1100 sister, I would think putting on edge wouldn't be an issue for it either.

But I could be wrong. Good for IA though, I'm sure it'll sell.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first thought, is it's fixing a problem that doesn't really exist. Has anyone ever said they wished there PRO or M was easier to put on edge??

I would think those that feel they need it would be better off investing in more fuel for riding then another gimmick, at least as far as the PRO and Cat go. I havn't piloted a Viper yet, but if it's as much lighter as they say then it's 1100 sister, I would think putting on edge wouldn't be an issue for it either.

But I could be wrong. Good for IA though, I'm sure it'll sell.
no seat time on the cat but the polaris does not need this rode a 2012 freeride and can see why doo went in this direction.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no seat time on the cat but the polaris does not need this rode a 2012 freeride and can see why doo went in this direction.

What? A 2012 freeride is not a mountain specific sled it has a wide stance and hd shocks. It was never designed to handle well in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What? A 2012 freeride is not a mountain specific sled it has a wide stance and hd shocks. It was never designed to handle well in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A freeride is a extreme mountain freestyle sled according to the ski doo website and many people like lilduke ride it all year in the mountains and I believe the newer years come tmotion. My Polaris I compared it too is the assault Rmk which is wider than Pro and has clicker shocks as well. Though not as nimble as the summit X and sp or polaris rmk pro It was an apples to apples comparison. If skidoo did not feel that they needed an upgrade in the agility of there summits they would not have innovated and brought Tmotion and flex track to the market place. I applaud them for doing so , this and their stellar etech motor plus yearly reliability improvements is why I chose to ride one next year.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A freeride is a extreme mountain freestyle sled according to the ski doo website and many people like lilduke ride it all year in the mountains and I believe the newer years come tmotion. My Polaris I compared it too is the assault Rmk which is wider than Pro and has clicker shocks as well. Though not as nimble as the summit X and sp or polaris rmk pro It was an apples to apples comparison. If skidoo did not feel that they needed an upgrade in the agility of there summits they would not have innovated and brought Tmotion and flex track to the market place. I applaud them for doing so , this and their stellar etech motor plus yearly reliability improvements is why I chose to ride one next year.

Exactly. I took a 2012 154 summit demo to Revy a few yrs back and it was a terrible handling sled. And I was on turbo nytro's then. It was a horrible sled to carve on marginal snow. Then I rode a xm the following year and I now own 3 of them. The skidoo needed to the xm skid and track to bring there handling up to par with cat and Polaris. I totally love my xm's and the way they handle. Plus a 16" wide track is a great advantage for a big guy like myself. I could see a m1100 or viper benifit from a floppy skid. The m800 or pro already carve so easy I don't see them needing it.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This mod is not needed for Polaris.. I am 5"9' and only 180lbs. I find it cuts "****hooks" easy, sometimes to easy already. If you have a 174 maybe... but not on a stock machine.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have driven the pro climb and the xm back to back and I find the pro climb carves a tighter circle and tips over easier than the xm, the xm "pops out" of the carve way easier and more predictable. I love the way the xm handles. I feel the t motion helps way more when your coming out of the carve then the actual tipping over part. The carve is iniated by the counter steer not the t motion.

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, im going to try one as well. I have one coming to put on the wifes pro with a 36 inch wide front end, going to see how much it changes that sled becaue it is really easy to ride as it is.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Exactly. I took a 2012 154 summit demo to Revy a few yrs back and it was a terrible handling sled. And I was on turbo nytro's then. It was a horrible sled to carve on marginal snow. Then I rode a xm the following year and I now own 3 of them. The skidoo needed to the xm skid and track to bring there handling up to par with cat and Polaris. I totally love my xm's and the way they handle. Plus a 16" wide track is a great advantage for a big guy like myself. I could see a m1100 or viper benifit from a floppy skid. The m800 or pro already carve so easy I don't see them needing it.
Time to hit the gym......I can side hill mine on grass.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to Nick at Iceage. These will also fit an M series Cat, so mines been ordered. What the heck, for the price it's worth a try. If I can have XM handling with a chassis I still prefer and a reliable 800 2 stroke that I don't have to grease the frickin' crank bearings on it'll be awesome!
:smiliestirthepot:

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I know this is an old thread now and Ice-Age appears to not be manufacturing these any more. My question is does someone have a Pro-Motion for Polaris that they want to sell??

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I know this is an old thread now and Ice-Age appears to not be manufacturing these any more. My question is does someone have a Pro-Motion for Polaris that they want to sell??

I have one. 250 it’s yours. Like new.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great system for the price I spent a little more money this year on my 2016 t 3 174. Love the sled so I'm putting a Kmod in it ,I need to get a smoother ride on the trails getting into the the riding area's and the new one's have a simular system as a t motion but they call it a K motion. Talked to several riders that have the system and all they have to say is what a differance from the stock suspention and it fits on all the different sleds, but it doe's cost a few more dollars but for us older rider's that are trying to keep riding with you young guy's I think this is the awser I hope

Top Bottom