I thought this sucked

mdwils

Reaction score
Pics are fuzzy but maybe you can see.
Had the sled on its side the other night and noticed a ski tip was hanging down, here the flap of tin that limits the ski travel was bent right up. Upon further inspection the welder completely missed the mark ,there was ZERO penetration on the joint.
So this is last night, I took the spindle off and MIGed it myself. I would have taken the spindle to the dealer but its less hassle to just fix it. Should I let the dealer know or just forget it? I mean what can they really do?
Besides this spindle and re-routing most of the wiring this sled has been awesome.

Attachments

• IMGP0091.jpg
    IMGP0091.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 301
  • IMGP0087.jpg
    IMGP0087.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 298
  • IMGP0089.jpg
    IMGP0089.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 305
  • IMGP0093.jpg
    IMGP0093.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 302

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pics are fuzzy but maybe you can see.
Had the sled on its side the other night and noticed a ski tip was hanging down, here the flap of tin that limits the ski travel was bent right up. Upon further inspection the welder completely missed the mark ,there was ZERO penetration on the joint.
So this is last night, I took the spindle off and MIGed it myself. I would have taken the spindle to the dealer but its less hassle to just fix it. Should I let the dealer know or just forget it? I mean what can they really do?
Besides this spindle and re-routing most of the wiring this sled has been awesome.

I would let the dealer know. Like you said not much he can really do except maybe replace it.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my 2010 m8. i havent bothered to take mine because i was just planning on welding them myself too. but i have heard that it is a problem and that some dealers will replace them under warranty.

Top Bottom