I need a sled from Santa

stuarty

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to the forum and from Westlock. I know little about snowmobiles, being that I am from Scotland, except that I want to buy one right now :)
I got a used Phazer MTX last year through a friend but it wasn't really suitable for trails, ice fishing and going for a blast across the ice to feed my need for speed, so I sold it last month.
Looking to get a 2008/2009 Renegade 600 or a Crossfire 6 so that it is not too powerful for the newbie but I can still have a real blast if I want and I won't outgrow it too quickly if at all.
Also, I occasionally need to give a buddy a lift out to the ice hole so it needs to be up to that job if required (he can squeeze on the back). I looked at some 2 seaters but they don't look much fun, although my mates 2009 Tundra 550LT is great for the ice fishing.
Any thoughts.
Thanks.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am new to the forum and from Westlock. I know little about snowmobiles, being that I am from Scotland, except that I want to buy one right now :)
I got a used Phazer MTX last year through a friend but it wasn't really suitable for trails, ice fishing and going for a blast across the ice to feed my need for speed, so I sold it last month.
Looking to get a 2008/2009 Renegade 600 or a Crossfire 6 so that it is not too powerful for the newbie but I can still have a real blast if I want and I won't outgrow it too quickly if at all.
Also, I occasionally need to give a buddy a lift out to the ice hole so it needs to be up to that job if required (he can squeeze on the back). I looked at some 2 seaters but they don't look much fun, although my mates 2009 Tundra 550LT is great for the ice fishing.
Any thoughts.
Thanks.

Welcome to S&M. And to Westlock, I am from there as well. I ride a Crossfire 6 with some MODS and I LOVE it. Lots of power for around here. Good luck on your sled hunt. :d

franky86

Reaction score
how much will you have to give him a ride if not alot get something you would enjoy on your own, alot of the new sleds like the renegades you can buy an extra piece for your seat that snaps on so you can ride two.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site dude!!!:) My father has an 05 Renegade 800 HO, with a 2 up seat. He hauls my mom around alot on the poker rallys and stuff. He still leads the pack with her on there. Those Renegades fly through the snow with ease you barely feel the bumps. He still has it and loves. I also hauled my wife around a couple times with it, you could steer with one hand at ease at 80 km/h through the fields. Hope that helps you man. Have fun, and sled safely. ;):cool:

stuarty

Reaction score
Welcome to S&M. And to Westlock, I am from there as well. I ride a Crossfire 6 with some MODS and I LOVE it. Lots of power for around here. Good luck on your sled hunt. :d

Hi, the Crossfire 6 is what Jim from CC Cycle recommended, but he only has a Crossfire 5, is it worth getting the 5? Is Jim good to deal with, he seems like a nice guy. The 6 is what I would really like though :d have you seen any about, maybe I can get in some overtime.

stuarty

Reaction score
how much will you have to give him a ride if not alot get something you would enjoy on your own, alot of the new sleds like the renegades you can buy an extra piece for your seat that snaps on so you can ride two.

Sounds like a good plan as it will only be an occcasional ride.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, the Crossfire 6 is what Jim from CC Cycle recommended, but he only has a Crossfire 5, is it worth getting the 5? Is Jim good to deal with, he seems like a nice guy. The 6 is what I would really like though :d have you seen any about, maybe I can get in some overtime.

I wouldnt go with the 5, too small. If I could buy another, I think I would have gone with a 7 actually, but my Xfire 6 works well for around here. Jim AT CC CYCLE is a good guy, he will set you up with a good machine. Hope you find the sled you need, let me know if you want to go riding one day. :d

stuarty

Reaction score
I wouldnt go with the 5, too small. If I could buy another, I think I would have gone with a 7 actually, but my Xfire 6 works well for around here. Jim AT CC CYCLE is a good guy, he will set you up with a good machine. Hope you find the sled you need, let me know if you want to go riding one day. :d

Might take you up on that, I will be needing some tips as other than point and press, my skills are pretty crap. Can't find a 6 anywhere and pretty much no deals on anything out there. Looks like no joy for christmas unless I go for a ski-doo :(. some 2008 stuff at Martins in Edmonton though

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might take you up on that, I will be needing some tips as other than point and press, my skills are pretty crap. Can't find a 6 anywhere and pretty much no deals on anything out there. Looks like no joy for christmas unless I go for a ski-doo :(. some 2008 stuff at Martins in Edmonton though

If your just looking for a ditch banger, CC has a sharp looking red F7. Did you see that one? He also has a pretty decent 2006 M7 there at a good price, might want to concider than too. :d

stuarty

Reaction score
If your just looking for a ditch banger, CC has a sharp looking red F7. Did you see that one? He also has a pretty decent 2006 M7 there at a good price, might want to concider than too. :d

Problem is I wouldn't recognise a good sled if it bit me on the ass. Would either of them be good for what I am looking to do, ice fishing, going for a burn across the lake and some tight trail stuff. I have been told that I probably want a 141 track for flotation on the drifts/snow on Slave lake and Calling lake. Any advice will help:d

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is I wouldn't recognise a good sled if it bit me on the ass. Would either of them be good for what I am looking to do, ice fishing, going for a burn across the lake and some tight trail stuff. I have been told that I probably want a 141 track for flotation on the drifts/snow on Slave lake and Calling lake. Any advice will help:d

The F7 has a 128" track, that would be good for trails and ditch bangin, and the M7 has a 153, good for the deep stuff, but im sure you could use it on the trails and lakes to. I would sell you mine but I would need the price of the M so I could replace it. Mine is not a stock machine. :d

stuarty

Reaction score
The F7 has a 128" track, that would be good for trails and ditch bangin, and the M7 has a 153, good for the deep stuff, but im sure you could use it on the trails and lakes to. I would sell you mine but I would need the price of the M so I could replace it. Mine is not a stock machine. :d

I am heading out tomorrow morning to give them a look:d

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are located in Bonnyvie and do have Crossfire 6 s in stock. Open 9 to 4 tomorrow- give us a shout, 780-826-6121

Ally
T&T Power Sports!

stuarty

Reaction score
What time are you going? I have to work a bit in the morning but not all morning. Could help you LOOK, LOL. I spend alot of time there. :d

I will probably be heading there about 12, unless my honey-do list has expanded:p

stuarty

Reaction score
We are located in Bonnyvie and do have Crossfire 6 s in stock. Open 9 to 4 tomorrow- give us a shout, 780-826-6121

Ally
T&T Power Sports!

Hi Ally
What kind of money are we talking, I am just a poor immigrant scotsman:rolleyes:

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will probably be heading there about 12, unless my honey-do list has expanded:p

Hey STUARTY!! I was at CC around 11:30, couldnt wait around as some things came up. Hope you found something to fit your needs. If not, definatly call Terry/ Ally at T&T in bonnyville. Meet Terry at the sled show (EDM) VERY nice guy, and very helpful. Let me know how things went.... :d

stuarty

Reaction score
Hey STUARTY!! I was at CC around 11:30, couldnt wait around as some things came up. Hope you found something to fit your needs. If not, definatly call Terry/ Ally at T&T in bonnyville. Meet Terry at the sled show (EDM) VERY nice guy, and very helpful. Let me know how things went.... :d

Still hunting. I will give them a call at t & t and let you know how it goes

Top Bottom