I am not a Brand Basher BuT......

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Is there ever a lot of Troubled Kawi threads in this forum. Every where you look it seems....is this just me? Seen three pulled back to camp this past weekend. A sport quad, a brute and a sidebyside. I always thought Polaris was the dog :eek:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They all break down,but some do seem to stand up to abuse a little better then others.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there ever a lot of Troubled Kawi threads in this forum. Every where you look it seems....is this just me? Seen three pulled back to camp this past weekend. A sport quad, a brute and a sidebyside. I always thought Polaris was the dog :eek:

We see it all the time,,even Tex 78 being towed..:eek:

Polaris will tow everyone back........:beer::beer::d

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having worked on Kawasaki's for 4 years their quads are the biggest piles out there. It's even worse when the Kawasaki rep's from Montreal agree about the brute force.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
We see it all the time,,even Tex 78 being towed..:eek:

Polaris will tow everyone back........:beer::beer::d

I don't know about that Ray. I have a brand spanking new Polaris quad that I just picked up for my fleet. While I was loading it at the dealers I noticed that the fuel gauge was blinking...no big deal..thought it was out of gas...not... Fuel gauge not working. Rented it out yesterday and it came back with 42kms on it and a squeaking rear CV joint. Pulled it apart last night and found that it had NO grease in it from factory. On my way now for a new one??? WTF is with these people. :realmad:

Black08Brute

Reaction score
I dont know, I 've had my Brute for over 2000 hard Miles and never had to be towed, I credit this to regular maintance and throttle controll.

This weekend we had a honda 680 and a rino that wern't the ray of sunshine everyone makes them out to be.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I dont know, I 've had my Brute for over 2000 hard Miles and never had to be towed, I credit this to regular maintance and throttle controll.

This weekend we had a honda 680 and a rino that wern't the ray of sunshine everyone makes them out to be.

That is an excellent point. I broke the CV in my Rhino and it was entirely my fault for pinning the throttle with the diff locked. Anything will break if it's abused. Regular maintenance is critical!! :beer:

dirtydodge

Reaction score
Well as most of us I have pulled my share of quads out of the bush with my old Polaris (s) .
And I can honestly say I have been pulled out as well .
I have even seen Sumx54 break down on trial ,,lol,,

The makers seem to be charging more and providing us with less quality year after year . Sad because we love what we do for our recreation . And we pay alot for our machines .

My group of buddies have the full range of makes so there is always the BS between us all , every trip .

I will stay with my Polaris and keep bashing my buddies , so bring it on . lets go mix some mud and stir up that dust . :d

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all opinion. My cousin works for Red Deer powersports And when I asked him about buying a can-an he told me not to. He said lots of can-ams are having their motors blow just off warranty. Every machin has it's problems. If you think Polaris' are unbreakable ask quadboy about his.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my take...I have owned almost every brand and breed there is. I found the most reliable machines are the ones you leave relatively close to stock. My done up Outlander cost me a fortune, my bone stock Scramblers cost me absolutely squat. My wife's stock Ranger 6x6 had 370 mud-bashed hours on it, and never cost more than regular maintenance. I have pulled a few Grizzly's out of the bush with broken front axles. My Sportsman's have also been tugged out. The list goes on. As soon as you put lift kits, big tires, power enhancers, etc. on a machine that already has big power, something has to give. I guess it's all part of the fun factor though, because riding a stock machine does suck azz. Fact is, nothing's bullitproof, I think they're all designed by a Chinese engineers.:eek:

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my take...I have owned almost every brand and breed there is. I found the most reliable machines are the ones you leave relatively close to stock. My done up Outlander cost me a fortune, my bone stock Scramblers cost me absolutely squat. My wife's stock Ranger 6x6 had 370 mud-bashed hours on it, and never cost more than regular maintenance. I have pulled a few Grizzly's out of the bush with broken front axles. My Sportsman's have also been tugged out. The list goes on. As soon as you put lift kits, big tires, power enhancers, etc. on a machine that already has big power, something has to give. I guess it's all part of the fun factor though, because riding a stock machine does suck azz. Fact is, nothing's bullitproof, I think they're all designed by a Chinese engineers.:eek:

aaagreeed!!!! :d:beer:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guys, honestly, you are all right here... the dedate goes on...

even thou i like can-am for many reasons, many don't . i repect there thoughts thou. and on it goes... they all break down and some are better than
others and others are better than some...

we all like our brands and argue about them, whether its just opinion or backed up with facts.... in any case the bottom line is that you really down deep have to respect everybodys choice on atv's and its perfectly ok to stir the pot once in a while.... it makes for good conversation... lol

i mean, like i said in another thread, i have owned popo's and never had any real trouble with them over 7 years and now i have owned 2 can-ams since feb. of 07 and both machines have been pretty good to me... and both my can-am's (former one and this one) are heavily modded and very reliable.
You just have to know what to mod and what not to. i had 6700 km on my 07 and nothing out of the ordinary for that machine. my 10 is the same way.

all these stupid rumors on brands have to stop cause 95% is someone's own opinion or just pure bull imo. i am a firm believer that most motor sports, including quads get most there R and D from there pro racing teams and if the company is agressive in this area, then it shows in the product they sell.

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you guys going on about? My grizzly is indestuctable... Which reminds me... Need to go purchase that new CV after work.. :beer:

scottsrdscott

Reaction score
I bought a brand new 2012 Brute 750 on Friday cuz my Suzuki was being a beater.

Hope the Kawi holds up!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that Ray. I have a brand spanking new Polaris quad that I just picked up for my fleet. While I was loading it at the dealers I noticed that the fuel gauge was blinking...no big deal..thought it was out of gas...not... Fuel gauge not working. Rented it out yesterday and it came back with 42kms on it and a squeaking rear CV joint. Pulled it apart last night and found that it had NO grease in it from factory. On my way now for a new one??? WTF is with these people. :realmad:

And dealers charge you for a PDI.....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all opinion. My cousin works for Red Deer powersports And when I asked him about buying a can-an he told me not to. He said lots of can-ams are having their motors blow just off warranty.
Show me one that wasn't drowned in water. Sounds like one of those statistics that are made up by Yamaha fans. (My buddy who works at Trackside in Olds told me that all Kawi's blow the front differential up just after warranty is up. LOL)

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Show me one that wasn't drowned in water. Sounds like one of those statistics that are made up by Yamaha fans. (My buddy who works at Trackside in Olds told me that all Kawi's blow the front differential up just after warranty is up. LOL)

My buddies 2010 renegade 800 not a drop of water got in it ( I was there every ride he had on it) and the motor went. Under 300km on it. Thought he just got lemon, but maybe not after just reading about that happening to more folks.

Sent from my pimpin iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom