How many

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was wondering how many 09 800's have gone down? my 09 800 dragon 155 with 475 miles seized on sunday.i haven't heard from dealer yet but they said mine was first to do so from the one's they sold.:(

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That seems to be a regular thing this year with....I've got an 09 Assault with 180 miles on it and its been in the shop twice....blew the motor at 110 miles and back in for a 2500 rpm drop after I picked it up. It is waiting at home for it's final test....three strikes and I'm changing brands. I've heard of at least eight other people who have 09 800's that have blown up, Good Luck getting any sort of solution from Polaris. A bunch of cheap fixes for the problems a person has.......NOT A VERY HAPPY SLEDDER!!!!! Good luck with your dealer, if you find anything out let a guy know. Thanks!!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealer waiting for a shortblock assembly from polaris,they don't know what went wrong!
said it was overheated but no codes in memory and i know i didn't overheat it.
we will see.

Reaction score
450 miles on my 800 Dragon with no problems(knock on wood). I'm a little paranoid so I ran a little oil in the first three tanks of gas. I also check oil level thruout the day to make sure its using some. I did run hot( 190 ouch) going up Boulder trail one day. Trail was icy and packed and I was in a hurry and not watching my temp. Ended up melting track to the rails...oops, even with the scratchers down. You guys have your wires plugged/ unplugged depending on the type of fuel you are using?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how did it run at 190,did it go into safe mode(run real rich).mine never over 144 always had it on temp display till hit good snow.
ran two tanks mixed gas,never held wot for long periods,allways ride in midrange.

saskboy

Reaction score
You can count me in for 2 rebuilds on my 09 Assault. They say things come in 3's I sure hope not I am witt's end with this thing.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel. Mine is on it's third strike............one more hiccup and I'm changin' brands. Good luck with yours!!!

crts_lmbrt6

Reaction score
wow i have an 09 assault and the only problems ive had have been self inflicted and i just rolled over 300 miles. i hope this don't start to go south on me. i hope warrenty covers everything for you guys.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris is covering it under warning.....my dealer has been great, but........The fact I spent money on a sled that doesn't work like it should pisses me off. One more try and it's down the road for my Polaris. I've always ran carbed machines, this year I switched to EFI and I've had nothing but problems. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the new flash will give us some faith in these 800's.I'm coming off a 800zx,sled was good but wanted newer tech.I like the dragon but my zx is sitting in garage ready to go.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well at least you have a spare.....I had a 08 600 RMK 144 Carbed....only problem were the reeds, petals kept screwing up. I wish I'd kept it. Good luck. I hope you have better luck than me.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
found out yesterday polaris is coming good for a shortblock assembly,also new reflash.
hope this solves my problems.i will be checking my pistons every 100 miles now untill i feel comfortable with this 800.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear Timbo. I talked to my dealer yesterday about the reflash and he told me that they had done it the last time it was in. Another tidbit of information....they disconnected my exhaust valve hose from my altitude solenoid and put a bolt in the hose end. The exhaust valves will still work because they work on crankcase pressure anyways. When a person goes back to the mountains it has to be reconnected. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. I'll probably try to install a shut off valve if its possible to clean it up. Hope this helps.:):):d:cool:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new reflash was dated jan 27/09 when was your's done? dealer never said anything about ex valves,will keep ya updated.did they check your fuel pressure?

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new reflash was dated jan 27/09 when was your's done? dealer never said anything about ex valves,will keep ya updated.did they check your fuel pressure?

Mine was reflashed on Jan 23/09. They probably checked the pressure but I don't know what the number were. Polaris made them check it every time I had it back in the shop. Took it for a 50 mile run last night, ran awesome. No more 2000 rpm drop. YAAAAAHHHH Polaris!!!!

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was reflashed on Jan 23/09. They probably checked the pressure but I don't know what the number were. Polaris made them check it every time I had it back in the shop. Took it for a 50 mile run last night, ran awesome. No more 2000 rpm drop. YAAAAAHHHH Polaris!!!!

So now your back on your side of the fence?.....Good for you... STAY THERE!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good on ya!!! mech told me today that new engine will have everything on it,injectors fuel rail all sensors etc.might have it by friday.

Dragon mod

Reaction score
Yeah have them check the fuel pressure, that was the problem on mine, they didn't figure that out until the 4th time my 08 blew up and I made them give me a new sled. Polaris didn't even have them check it or suggest it, when the dealer talked with SLP they asked about it. I spoke with the dealer yesterday and they have 300 miles on the newes motor in it and it is going strong. Looks like the new fuel pump fixed the problem since it was only making it 100 to 150 miles before melting down.

Top Bottom