how many miles before you should re do your top end??????

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey, running a 12 pro climb and just wondering how many miles a top end is good for. got 2100 miles on it already. I don't want it to blow and risk doing more damage. what your thoughts?????:beer:

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey, running a 12 pro climb and just wondering how many miles a top end is good for. got 2100 miles on it already. I don't want it to blow and risk doing more damage. what your thoughts?????:beer:
3200 on my 07 still strong compression and power, summer it's getting a top end but just as preventative, I think glen at spindrift had 7000km before doing a top end on an 800 cat but I may be wrong

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just keep and eye on the compression is the biggest thing .... i had less then 1000 miles and had to do mine on a 2010 but i think that was my doing not giving her enuff of a warm up

• Recommends
Reactions: LBZ

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just keep and eye on the compression is the biggest thing .... i had less then 1000 miles and had to do mine on a 2010 but i think that was my doing not giving her enuff of a warm up

x2. Compression and the occasional look down the spark plug holes to check wash is a good way to stay on top of your top end condition.

Top Bottom