How low to go on a offer?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the numbers dont make sense, dont be afraid to walk away. Tons of houses for sale.

Just cause a guy is asking 12g for his 8g sled doesnt make it worth 12!

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the numbers dont make sense, dont be afraid to walk away. Tons of houses for sale.

Just cause a guy is asking 12g for his 8g sled doesnt make it worth 12!
ah so you’re the guy that offered me $8000 for my 2019 summit x that had 1200km on it… :)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes probably shouldn’t if math Is that hard.
4 years sorry haha

Not a bad price, i guess.

Guys asking 12g for there clapped out 17s ot 18s right now are dreaming though.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 years sorry haha

Not a bad price, i guess.

Guys asking 12g for there clapped out 17s ot 18s right now are dreaming though.
I agree with you there… guys that lowball stuff that is priced appropriately are as stund as people that list stuff for way more than it’s worth.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing in real estate some times.

People i know are all building houses in Revelstoke, because people want 800g$
for thier clapped out 1930s house.

Whats the land its sitting on worth?
What is the house on the land worth?
How much could you rent out the place for if you wanted to?

These are some of the questions i have when i look at property.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing in real estate some times.

People i know are all building houses in Revelstoke, because people want 800g$
for thier clapped out 1930s house.

Whats the land its sitting on worth?
What is the house on the land worth?
How much could you rent out the place for if you wanted to?

These are some of the questions i have when i look at property.
Same in Invermere, this is the third real estate boom since 2003. 2 years ago studio condo was listed at 69k, same condo today is listed for 175k.
2 years ago there was probably 100 listings in town, today less than 25.
$900 to rent a room in a house.
Ridiculous.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same in Invermere, this is the third real estate boom since 2003. 2 years ago studio condo was listed at 69k, same condo today is listed for 175k.
2 years ago there was probably 100 listings in town, today less than 25.
$900 to rent a room in a house.
Ridiculous.
Forsure, Golden too &pretty much any town on a main highway in BC. Its a good time to build in these places. If you can get a bare lot for the right price.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forsure, Golden too &pretty much any town on a main highway in BC. Its a good time to build in these places. If you can get a bare lot for the right price.

about 3 years ago I met jamie davis in Golden when I was smoking outside the Holiday Inn.

He was atying there, just bought the local tow company, he said if he was 20 years younger he would be buying everything in Golden.
Only reason he is rich is becaus eof the land he bought in hope 30 years ago, not because of his towing business.
I wish I had money back then to buy, that town has peaked :(

He also said only reason he left AB was because it was impossible to find reliable workers, one month they happy next month they not, his words" We're a plucking towing company, guys want oilfield wages they can stay there, I have the easiest job in the world"

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
about 3 years ago I met jamie davis in Golden when I was smoking outside the Holiday Inn.

He was atying there, just bought the local tow company, he said if he was 20 years younger he would be buying everything in Golden.
Only reason he is rich is becaus eof the land he bought in hope 30 years ago, not because of his towing business.

He also said only reason he left AB was because it was impossible to find reliable workers, one month they happy next month they not, his words" We're a plucking towing company, guys want oilfield wages they can stay there, I have the easiest job in the world"
Yep real estate is a good way to make money if you do it right.

Cant go back in time, but there is a new bus coming evey 15mins...

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just to elaborate on the JD story not trying to derail the thread, but JD was run out of Alberta for a few reasons not only work related ones, some tow Co's i know elaborated on this over coffee a few times with myself/other's. #Support Local:)(y)

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to elaborate on the JD story not trying to derail the thread, but JD was run out of Alberta for a few reasons not only work related ones, some tow Co's i know elaborated on this over coffee a few times with myself/other's. #Support Local:)(y)

Technically it's all work related :p

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I don't think Realtors can work for the buyer and seller now in BC. Each party needs their own Realtor.
I bought a property in Valemount last fall. I had to fill out a form that I was self represented before the selling realtor could even deal with me. I was not alllowed to use an Alberta realtor either must be from bc. Same when finished the deal had to use a notary from bc. I’m finding the building process similar as well.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This what I’m told too. I bought a new property last yr and the listing agent said I needed my own. What grinds my gears is they wouldn’t let me be my own agent, What a joke.
such a slimmy business. Had another property to sell and the agent said we should list at $140k,I said got yourself because I knew what I had, 6 months later he listed the same property next to mine for $230 and sold in 2weeks.
im sure he would of listed it and sold it to his buddy then resell and made $100 k. Never had a good experience with realtors.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This what I’m told too. I bought a new property last yr and the listing agent said I needed my own. What grinds my gears is they wouldn’t let me be my own agent, What a joke.
such a slimmy business. Had another property to sell and the agent said we should list at $140k,I said got yourself because I knew what I had, 6 months later he listed the same property next to mine for $230 and sold in 2weeks.
im sure he would of listed it and sold it to his buddy then resell and made $100 k. Never had a good experience with realtors.
Yeah id rather be my own agent forsure.

Top Bottom