Hot Tubs

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I take that the majority, is electric. Why not gas?
What about Bromite, and or recircing through your HWT?
I like that Beachcomer and Sunray is the 2 most talked about.

Our old house had the HWT recirculating but it was an old tub. 10 years ago now

We tried bromine and it seemed harder to balance levels.

I think electric is just easier to install

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
$20/month electrical(winter months) tops..... We have 10 person tub.... Get a good cover. 4" if available. Basic model and run 2 sets of filters and replace them every 2 years.... Cleaning them properly is a must

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$20/month electrical(winter months) tops..... We have 10 person tub.... Get a good cover. 4" if available. Basic model and run 2 sets of filters and replace them every 2 years.... Cleaning them properly is a must

You clean the filters? $60.00 every 4 months I have no time to clean them...

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, nothing to cleaning them...easy job. 2 sets so I rotate using them

Perfect I will drop mine off at your place. lol

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of price range are you guys seeing for something decent? Every ad or website says 'call for pricing'. Thinking a good one is around the 7-9k mark no?

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I've got a Maxx and LOVE it. Buddy of mine just bought a Catalina, and it's uber nice. Another buddy bought a Soak about 2-3 years ago, and has nothing but problems with it. Constant leaks, etc.

bcbsox

Reaction score
I know my father-in-law paid about $8k for his 6 person tub, pretty sure it's a Hot Springs. It gets used 3-4 nights a week. He often falls asleep in it with a gin and tonic in one hand and the outdoor tv remote in the other... He saw about a $2-300 annual bump in his electric bill. He keeps it at 101°. Located in Ohio.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid $4500 for my Sunray. Very basic model but suits our needs. As above I have filters that I rotate.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been happy with my beachcomber, but it has had a pretty easy life. It is in my 40x60 shop so any energy it uses just heats the shop.

When I was around Edmonton I bought a house that came with an older tub. Stacey from edmonton hot tubs helped me fix it and set it up. Unreal guy that really goes the extra mile. Not sure what H20 spas are like but if Stacey is selling them Im sure they are good. And Stacey is a man.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Both of mine have been beachcomber and both have been used..... Stole the first one for the old house @ $900 it was 5 years old and looked new. Couple with kids bought a house tub was there they didn't want it, figured it would be a PITA to remove.... easy job 6 people & a sled trailer. electrical/hookup was $600. When we sold the house I wanted to take it with us but the buyers upped their offer $5k to leave it. in 4 years of use it did need a new Control module @ $900 but that CM also came with a 3 year warranty.

New house got a bigger newer one.... $2500 on kijiji, 8 person 2 pumps + the hush pump, extra pumps mean more $$$ for repair BUT if a pump goes you can still maintain temp & use it until the next water change cycle. This was our 2nd winter with it and so far so good, no issues.

Beachcombers service has been excellent.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
that's a personal preference, like others have said sometimes you don't even need them. Our old one only had like 18 and I think this one has 64..... I don't notice much of a difference.

How many jets to get? Less or more?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I find 95% of the time I dont even turn the jets on. I wouldnt pay extra for the jets and lights. You can get into a good tub for a reasonable price if you dont go crazy with this stuff.

moto.racerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

20/month seems low... Was always told 50summer 80winter per month

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic spa. Have had it 20 years and moved with me when I moved. Finally had to replace spa pack last year when motherboard failed and is obsolete. Make sure you do not have Gecko controls! Arctic Spa service told me tub had given me good service and it was time to buy a new one for 17k Lol

Check out J and J Technical services in Calgary. Fixed me up for 500 bucks. They refurbish and resell tubs. Have some very nice units for reasonable price.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
20/month seems low... Was always told 50summer 80winter per month

Nope, nowhere near that.... $240/year.... Less in summer and little more in winter.... Get a good cover. Had choice of 3" or 4" thick cover, so we paid a little more for the bigger cover, and probably saved the extra cost in 6 months energy savings

Top Bottom