Horsey Creek

rsw84

Reaction score
looks amazing, so many stories heard about this place..... who would you guys recomend for a guide ?

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's definately a nice area up there but about 8+ yrs ago was in a small avy up there and that was enough to keep me out not to mention the trail conditions. Nice pics, brings back memories.

Yup its very sketchy up there,, did alot of climbing in there like a bunch of idiots one wknd the next wknd went back in and alot of spots slid was a real eye opener :nono:

I like your avatar pic showtime!! Havasu fun place!!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's definately a nice area up there but about 8+ yrs ago was in a small avy up there and that was enough to keep me out not to mention the trail conditions. Nice pics, brings back memories.

Same thing, heavy wet spring snow avy almost wiped out our group back in 1997, kinda was the start to riding smarter. (one guy on hill, stay out of run outs) have not had the urge to go back in there since but will someday.

Relic

Reaction score
Horsey Creek is one of my favorite places to ride. That said it is not a place for hillcliming. It is a big area if you know where to go lots of tree riding and medows in the trees. The trail up the creek is not for thr weak of heart.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you Relic, one of my fav spots too, and never overpopulated, which is good. Hope its GTG for Jan.

cparadis

Reaction score
When does the trail usually get broke in? would you be able to go in early january?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I love the side hill you have to do once you get to the top of the creek. That makes the trip. You go up, pop over the top and your forced into a great side hill. If you not good at it, you will either learn quick or end up in the creek at the bottom. Then hope you have good buddy's and lots of rope.:eek:

oly

Reaction score
I love the side hill you have to do once you get to the top of the creek. That makes the trip. You go up, pop over the top and your forced into a great side hill. If you not good at it, you will either learn quick or end up in the creek at the bottom. Then hope you have good buddy's and lots of rope.:eek:

I agree! That is one of my fav parts going in as well!
The trail in might be good to go if the snow can keep up by maybe first week of Jan. I think the earliest I have been in there is mid to late jan. I know It takes a lot of help and hard work to cut that trail.. Big thanks to Mac and others that dedicate a weekend to basically walk and shovel the whole trail!

I remember taking a few guys in there and we busted through the little corness at the top of the trail and the one guy on his new xp poped up and tried his best to switch in as fast as he could from jump to side hill mode!.. Needless to say he wiped out and rolled all the way down.:d.

I think I ran into your group there rknight at glens on the last weekend of Nov. I was the guy in there tellin glen we were up into Renshaw on that Fri. I think your group had busted something and were getting Glen to order the parts in.

Anyways.. Horsey is awesome. and unless you know how to not rooster up trails and don't mind getting queezy in the stomach you will have a great time! I have been to 8-9 diff lakes in there!;):beer:

Top Bottom