Horsey Creek

bigcobb

Reaction score
Hey gentleman i was just wondering if anyone has been into Horsey Creek in last week. if so how was the goat path up ?

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up on Wed. and the trail was great up until the last squirt through the trees. Not for the faint of heart or beginners.
Once at the top things were just dandy...lots of snow.

PS. don't forget a couple of bucks in the jar for Mac who grooms the trail.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our guests where up today and just back. the chute was a mess, solid ice from bottom to top. 2 hours to get up. Waist deep in the trees and knee deep on the flats.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope. One way in one way out... again, this is an extreme risk area, lots of avalanche paths to go thru, including the finally run up the creek. Be very aware should you venture in here.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive been many times some scary slopes in there. but looking at the size of the area on the map i figured and have heard of other ways in but who knows

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick question, me and four others coming up to McBride this weekend. Two of them want to go to Horsey Creek, but this is my first trip this year so I don't really want to do any extreme riding with above average avy risk. It sounds like from the comments above that it would be better to stay in the Renshaw, but would appreciate comments from those that know both areas. I just want to get out, ride, see the area again and have a safe ride. They are much better riders than me, so they may go there, but I'm not sure I want to. I liked the Renshaw the first time I went, I'll be happy to stay there for the two days.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt, that area would be a death trap in these conditions. when you first break into the area there are huge avy faces on both sides and a narrow spot down the middle. if anything was naturally triggerd you would be in trouble/

thats just my opinion

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt, that area would be a death trap in these conditions. when you first break into the area there are huge avy faces on both sides and a narrow spot down the middle. if anything was naturally triggerd you would be in trouble/

thats just my opinion

I second that!!!!

Top Bottom