Hopefully this doesn't happen in Canada

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparantely all major manufacturers have pulled the small bikes in the states. I know the eastern part of our country is pushing for this.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
My brother gave me the heads up about 2 weeks ago...Don't think it's a fake...I hope to hell it don't happen here.. I own 3 machines under 100cc

Bogger:beer:

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that can't be. its just not fair. The "little ones" got to have fun too i dont have any yet but i can tell you right now they'll have there own little bikes before they can walk

not cool, not cool at all:nono:

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda sucks but im sure its going to happen ..... alberta will probaly be the last to follow with the rest of the countery though .

JJ69

Reaction score
They have already started back East. I come from Nova Scotia and last year they banned anyone under the age of 16 from operating a quad or dirtbike other than at sanctioned events. there is more to it than that, but i'm not completely clear on that. They also said nobody under 16 could be on quads past a certain CC.

The way I see it is the same as the gun registry. It's the next step to abolishing them all together.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have already started back East. I come from Nova Scotia and last year they banned anyone under the age of 16 from operating a quad or dirtbike other than at sanctioned events. there is more to it than that, but i'm not completely clear on that. They also said nobody under 16 could be on quads past a certain CC.

The way I see it is the same as the gun registry. It's the next step to abolishing them all together.
So where the hell do the kids get to learn to ride.Some of the best riders are the best because they rode before they walked>how do we get all the info on this and try do do something about it before it is to late.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Here is the link to the Off highway vehicle act of Nova Scotia.......look at section 11 in regards to persons under the age of 16.....

Section 11(c) the off-highway vehicle does not have an engine size in excess of that recommended by the manufacturer for an operator of the age and weight of the person under the age of fourteen years and, in any event, has an engine size of less than that prescribed by the regulations.

Not sure exactly what this means........:confused:

Cheers

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
In BC, it is already illegal to ride motor bikes/quads/dune buggies on the Forest Service roads without a license. On top of that the CO's are supposed to be equipped with radar this summer to enforce the 80 kph speed limit. Go figure......

The only saving grace is that not all the roads out there are Forest Service roads....but it is coming....

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Just to let you know, here in Alberta you can't ride any ATV untill you are 14 years old. But, if you are under 14 and accompanied by a person 18 years and older it is OK to operate an atv on prov/crown land with lic. & ins.
Here at the lake there were so many complaints regarding ATV's there are Bylaws in place now to restrict their use.
The minority screwing it up for the majority.
Don

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong here but aren't most of the child fatalities/injuries on ATV's a direct result of the machine being beyond their ability...so how does restricting the under 100cc's help. I have 2 PW80's and a crf50 so if they stop selling them it's no skin off my ass but it sucks for those who would want one in the future...as it is now they are very hard to insure, most insurance companies won't touch anything under 125cc...no insurance means no registration. my kids use them around the acreage but can not take them out onto the trails as it is now...so I guess if we want to go trail riding I'll have to put the boy (6yrs) on the TTR125 since he might hurt himself on the crf50....Don't argue, the government is smarter than us....

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong here but aren't most of the child fatalities/injuries on ATV's a direct result of the machine being beyond their ability...so how does restricting the under 100cc's help. I have 2 PW80's and a crf50 so if they stop selling them it's no skin off my ass but it sucks for those who would want one in the future...as it is now they are very hard to insure, most insurance companies won't touch anything under 125cc...no insurance means no registration. my kids use them around the acreage but can not take them out onto the trails as it is now...so I guess if we want to go trail riding I'll have to put the boy (6yrs) on the TTR125 since he might hurt himself on the crf50....Don't argue, the government is smarter than us....

problem would be that it would still be against the law for your kids to ride them.

tony kaos

Reaction score
probably the same people that want to ban playgrounds and put there kids in bubble wrap!!! I had 25 stitches before i was 12 due to sleds and motor X I learned what not to do that way!!!! just another example of the few deciding for the many! makes me sick!

Top Bottom