Hood removal and all the felt

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The black with yellow trim. I will put a yellow/black/red wrap on mine and my better half will have hers stock.

IMG_4423.jpg

Rulonjj

Reaction score
Taking all the foam and felt off takes about an hour. I've done it to every sled I own and then I usually get some silver backed fiberglass exhaust wrap and stick to the panel by the can. I've never had a problem with plastic melting or the exhaust wrap absorbing moisture.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you guys pulling the felt from behind the driven clutch too? Was thinking this might stop snow from getting inside and also what about the under hood felt I'm a bit concerned the pipe will heat soak the air box if you remove it??

Evils33d

Reaction score
I took mine off then put it back in again next day... especially stuff that was on the clutch side... it became so noisy and annoying without it. The clutch side makes a lot of noise. Maybe i'm getting old.. Dont care about those 10 pounds, just need friends to help flip it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Are you guys pulling the felt from behind the driven clutch too? Was thinking this might stop snow from getting inside and also what about the under hood felt I'm a bit concerned the pipe will heat soak the air box if you remove it??

The only foam/felt that I didn't remove was the foil covered foam on the exhaust side. I will look at that when I install theThing. As far as noise is concerned, ya' it is probably noisier but not that I noticed. I guess I will have to see about the air box. I don't think it will be problem as it hasn't been in the past but one never knows until the deed is done.

Top Bottom