homemade pool heaters

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking to make a pool heater for the kids pool , got some idea's but thought I would throw this out and see if someone has something that works

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking to make a pool heater for the kids pool , got some idea's but thought I would throw this out and see if someone has something that works

If you can run a black hose or pvc up on the roof and make abunch of coils, attach a low flow pump, cheap "sun" heat but looks renneck!

I made a big coil out of copper tubing and made it big enough to sit against the fire pit, same deal low flow pump.

jj48

Reaction score
go onto canadian tire.com and they have something that heats up water.don't know much about itjust seen it the other day while looking on the internet.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can run a black hose or pvc up on the roof and make abunch of coils, attach a low flow pump, cheap "sun" heat but looks renneck!

I made a big coil out of copper tubing and made it big enough to sit against the fire pit, same deal low flow pump.

ya don't want to do the hose deal , its for at the lake , making a coilfor the pit may work if they ever lift the fire ban , want quick heat

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
portable hotsy pressure washer. circulate thru the washer with temp set to high....

or....order a water truck load heated to pool temp and delivered to your site.

:beer::d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for something like propane powered water heater or you want to use natural sun heat or electrical? Lots of options for all of them. How big is the pool?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
portable hotsy pressure washer. circulate thru the washer with temp set to high....

or....order a water truck load heated to pool temp and delivered to your site.

:beer::d

Just make sure to turn off the soap.....:d

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
redneckpoolheaters.com

Now that there is funny...dude is kinda creepy though!!! :eek:

grill_heater_in_grill_open_left_view.jpg

toddh.jpg

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Is that your closet man-friend todd?????

you might wanna photoshop out your name from his nuckles before you go posting pictures of him.....

I agree, little creepy but to each their own, we won't judge you.....

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had some relatives that in the summer months used their furnace to heat their swimming pool. not sure how it all worked (i was pretty small at the time), but i know they kept thing like a giant hot tub.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for something like propane powered water heater or you want to use natural sun heat or electrical? Lots of options for all of them. How big is the pool?

propane would be best for me , pool is 16ft round , 4ft deep

Last edited:
Top Bottom