Hockey Dads !!!

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You dads that coach.....now with this new law that we have to wear helmets on the ice will coaching what is your opinions....

I've been wearing my since the start of the season...:d

ummmm.... say what??? :confused::confused: First I've ever heard of that?? Where do you coach Scotford?? Can ya fill us in somemore on this please?

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our association is making it mandatory, coaches can be suspended if don'tcomply! Not looking forward to practice oh well, have to get used to it i guess:(:eek:

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, i guess I'm growin a mullet....:firefire:, just talked to our minor hockey assoc., as of Jan 1-09, enforced province wide by hockey AB...., it had to come sometime really, due to the insurance thing I'm sure. Depending on where you are , you might already be wearing them, our league in Lacombe said Jan will be manditory. Until then.... keep your head up.....:d:beer:

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our league is giving a grace period so peeps can buy a lid, it's going to be weird, i geuss it will be safer? What's next full equipment!:eek:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We started having to wear our buckets coaching this week. Likely safer for me now that I'm coaching with Mac22 this winter. :eek::d:d

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'ved been wearing mine since started coaching...we are now manditory also...I think it's a great idea...better to be safe the sorry....and I cannot see then inforcing full gear...we coaching not playing, but the lids are a good idea...even the best skaters lose a edge:eek:

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The coaching rule came into play last week due to THREE Coaches in Southern Alberta all losing their lives directly from falls on the ice this season. None of the coaches were wearing helmets, and Hockey Alberta has since changed its policy after a meeting, consequently making the CSA certified Helmets mandatory to be worn by all coaches on the ice during practices of all teams that are part of an organized 'Hockey Alberta' sanctioned league.
(As of January 1, 2009)

I played hockey for along time, but now just Referee, essentially beer money while in college. ;)

Top Bottom