hmm.. for 100 bucks, this might be worth it.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are the batteries like? my 2.5 hour run time light for my bike only lasts an hour in the cold, ON, when the led is hot and is "suppose to keep the battery warm"

ever ran a go pro on your helmet off, get to the riding area and its dead from the cold riding up the trail?

i just cant see these working, the tiny amount of draw they have wouldnt keep it warm enough even in a thermal wrap.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spot is giving 100% rebates to existing customers on the tracker until 31 Dec . you can buy 3 or 6 per address. they make the money on the annual subscriptions. At least they use Sat and don't rely on cell coverage to track.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spot is giving 100% rebates to existing customers on the tracker until 31 Dec . you can buy 3 or 6 per address. they make the money on the annual subscriptions. At least they use Sat and don't rely on cell coverage to track.

I'm not seeing that offer I do see the rebate for 50% off. I just became a customer a couple days ago and bought one.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as "cellular GPS". Cell towers can be used to augment the GPS location but that's it. GPS systems are space based and triangulate based on the number of satellites visible at any given time.

i think he meant to send the gps co-ordinates. the gps unit would have to be in range of a cell tower other wise pointless

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected..
I meant aGPS to be exact.

There is no such thing as "cellular GPS". Cell towers can be used to augment the GPS location but that's it. GPS systems are space based and triangulate based on the number of satellites visible at any given time.

Top Bottom