Hid lights for a Dodge Truck

dooski

Reaction score
Has anybody had any luck with these. They keep shuting off or start flashing.I have tried using circuit breakers. If anyone out there has been able to get these working would you be able to let me know thanks

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just fininshed installing a set this morning on My 06 cummings, and in the instructions it told u what to buy. its a relay u have to get.

if not i will look for the instructions and go from there

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
just fininshed installing a set this morning on my 06 cummings, and in the instructions it told u what to buy. Its a relay u have to get.

If not i will look for the instructions and go from there

yup, like sledslut says, you need a relay in there......... A relay is a low voltage that controls a high voltage device..... That would keep the lites from flashing....

sleddinfamily

Reaction score
Zero luck with these HID systems in both my 2006 Dodge cummins and my brothers 2007 Dodge gasser 3/4 ton. Replaced the passenger side light 5 times in mine and 3-4 in his. Dealer where they were installed said that there was an issue with the Dodge sytem accepting these HID's. Finally they removed both sytems and replaced with stock no charge. been good ever since. This may have been rectafied since then, about 8 months ago. When they work they are great.

Good luck with your install.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had any luck with these. They keep shuting off or start flashing.I have tried using circuit breakers. If anyone out there has been able to get these working would you be able to let me know thanks
Me and my friends have installed these kits in three dodges over a couple of years ( these were 2004 hemi's) its been a while but i'll try to dig up what ive learned from these kits.

couple of questions for you guys.

what year is your dodge?
what brand did you buy?

I believe you require a Resistor depending on what year your truck is. seems like the previous years 2003-2005 have issues with hid's . 2006's seem to be plug and play for the most part..
Ive seen/heard of a lot of faulty ballasts in these kits.

you could also have a faulty ballast. If you live near jb's in edmonton fort road. a couple of my buddies work there and they set me up with the proper resistors for my last truck (2004 hemi). getting a intermittent signal can cause the hid's to flicker or go on and off.

i installed hid's in my 06 cummins fogs/headlights they look freaking great! been over a year and no complaints

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
061a_1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

looking at the blue factory 9007 plug there are three wires. One is for low beam, one is for high beam, and the middle wire is a ground. I put one scotchlok connector on each of these wires. I then soldered about six inches of wire onto each end of the resistors so I'd have room to mount them once they were connected to the factory plug. I connected one end of the resistor to the low beam wire and then connected one end of the OTHER resistor to the high beam wire. I then took the two negative sides of the resistors and put them together and connected them to the middle ground wire of the factory 9007 plug. I zip tied them to the frame, knowing that they would probably melt the zip ties, but I was just going to be using these temporarily. These resistors DID fix my flickering light issue, so now the low beams and high beams worked correctly, but I still had a "lamp out" display message.

I received my four 50 watt 6 ohm heat sink resistors. I put two of them in place of the Radio Shack resistors on the driver's side, and then turned on the lights to make sure they worked. They did, and I noticed these resistors were much cooler than the Radio Shack ones (the temporary resistors actually fused themselves to the zip ties...that's how hot they got!!!). I then took the other two resistors and installed them like explained above, splicing into the unused factory 9007 plug on the passenger side

dooski

Reaction score
061a_1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

looking at the blue factory 9007 plug there are three wires. One is for low beam, one is for high beam, and the middle wire is a ground. I put one scotchlok connector on each of these wires. I then soldered about six inches of wire onto each end of the resistors so I'd have room to mount them once they were connected to the factory plug. I connected one end of the resistor to the low beam wire and then connected one end of the OTHER resistor to the high beam wire. I then took the two negative sides of the resistors and put them together and connected them to the middle ground wire of the factory 9007 plug. I zip tied them to the frame, knowing that they would probably melt the zip ties, but I was just going to be using these temporarily. These resistors DID fix my flickering light issue, so now the low beams and high beams worked correctly, but I still had a "lamp out" display message.

I received my four 50 watt 6 ohm heat sink resistors. I put two of them in place of the Radio Shack resistors on the driver's side, and then turned on the lights to make sure they worked. They did, and I noticed these resistors were much cooler than the Radio Shack ones (the temporary resistors actually fused themselves to the zip ties...that's how hot they got!!!). I then took the other two resistors and installed them like explained above, splicing into the unused factory 9007 plug on the passenger side

I used these resisters and it did help but when i shut the lights off and turn them back on, one side will turn on and the other would not and then the resisters got smokin hot and melted the black plastic on the inside My truck is an 08 and I was told to try a different trigger point and not use the stock ones for the headlights I have guy workin on it for me I also used 4 resisters

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used these resisters and it did help but when i shut the lights off and turn them back on, one side will turn on and the other would not and then the resisters got smokin hot and melted the black plastic on the inside My truck is an 08 and I was told to try a different trigger point and not use the stock ones for the headlights I have guy workin on it for me I also used 4 resisters

what resistors are you using? the cheaper ones tend to get really hot. On the rare occasion my headlights do the same ( one comes on and the other doesnt) but i just turn them off and on again and they come back on. have you tried a different kit? what brand of HID's did you buy?

dooski

Reaction score
I used the exact resisters in your picture and the brand names of the lights I am not sure of but I tried two different ones. One of the lights I used that I do recall is when you switch from low beam to high beam the bulb itself moves in and out. I will talk to the guy that was trying to install them and find out what brands they were. What brand did u use.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the exact resisters in your picture and the brand names of the lights I am not sure of but I tried two different ones. One of the lights I used that I do recall is when you switch from low beam to high beam the bulb itself moves in and out. I will talk to the guy that was trying to install them and find out what brands they were. What brand did u use.

I used The "Eagle" Ones i believe lol been a couple of years since i had my hemi.. they came in a blue kinda fancy box.

Dodge2008

Reaction score
I have hid in my headlights and fog lights but i had them installed @ F/X audio in edmonton ask for Ray, i had purchased from other places with the same result as well until i took it there they do all my remote starters with a good turn around time there #780-422-6666. Any other questions let me know.

thinkclear_9

Reaction score
i was reading the forum on HID on dodge ram trucks i have a 03 and just bot the 9007 hid xenon conversion kit i installed it and switch the lights on with the truck off just to see is i did it right and they came on so i put it all back together and started the truck up turned the lights on and thay just flash real dim flashing ? i read on here some one say that 03 dodges need a 50 watt 6 ohm heat sink resistors i need the info on were to get it and all the stats for it and how many i need too .:confused: email is thinkclear_9@hotmail.com

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bro in laws shop just about takes one of these kits out a week. Lots of problems with em' but when they work holy cow do they light up the rode:eek:

dooski

Reaction score
My bro in laws shop just about takes one of these kits out a week. Lots of problems with em' but when they work holy cow do they light up the rode:eek:

You have to use a different trigger point you cant use the wires that powers your head lights. mine is on its own switch but does work with the hi/lo switch on your steering colume.If you want i can put you in touch with the guy that installed these me

Top Bottom