help with 09 m1000

cfowler

Reaction score
Anytime you get more air in the system you need more fuel, or it will run lean causing a rise in exhaust temps. Which ever one of you boys that saw your plugs go from tan to light grey best be sticking a light down the holes or pull your exhaust off and inspect the pistons, I suspect there may be a problem shortly down the road! I know been there done that. Keep in mind there is one cyl that runs hotter than the other, I believe the mag side is the hot one so check both. For the record I run a fuel controller (boondocker) and I love it, cleaned up my sled big time. I pulled my exhaust off last week and looked at the pistons and they look like new. I dont run my temps over 1250 at any time cuz I like to stay on the safe side. Hope this helps.

P.S.
Is that Boss seat on your cat?
How do you like it?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
The boss seat is good but the zippers kinda suck, both my buddy and I struggle getting them undone and the back part of the seat always collapses where the storage area is since I dont put much in my seat and this causes snow to build up there which messes with the zipper I think. Other than that I like the height alot and it feels good between my legs!

cfowler

Reaction score
The boss seat is good but the zippers kinda suck, both my buddy and I struggle getting them undone and the back part of the seat always collapses where the storage area is since I dont put much in my seat and this causes snow to build up there which messes with the zipper I think. Other than that I like the height alot and it feels good between my legs!

I bought the Mountain seat for my '09 M1K and what an amazing upgrade!
I'm just waiting to hear from my dealer on pricing for the Speedwerx Exterminator kit, I think I'm going to go that route. Do you think that's a wise choice?

Chris

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Not familiar with that kit, what is it? Good idea on the new seat though, you wont have the same probs as me and still the same weight loss and funtion, enjoy!:)

Top Bottom