9 yrs old
700lbs
no reverse

am I missing anything??

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah the comaraderie :cool: modded sleds aren't all bad ..........js

Not dissing the sled at all. Just don't think it belongs in the hands of someone who has never been to the mountains and has only ridden a moderately powered sled 6 times.

I'm one of the guys who will have to pull him down the mountains in pieces or all bandaged up and that is somthing i don't look forward to.

I also want him to be able to come riding and if he spends all day stuck or wedged into a tight spot and then bitches about it his trips will be severely limited by his riding partners.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go take his truck and plow it into the ditch with about 4' of snow, then tell him to dig it out with his shovel that he packs sledding. Then after he is done tell him that that's how hard it will be to get that sled unstuck every time! And it will be at elevation.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if he had an ounce of common sense, he wouldn't be a sledder. May as well let him suffer. Tell him he has to be the primary lifter when he is trying to get unstuck. After a few rides, he will be looking fro something lighter.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy bought a brand new 2007 M1000. Awesome sled, I even bought an identical one last year. He rode it a year and than put a big bore kit on. Shortly after he thought a turbo would make him slaughter the new turbo M8 another friend put together. Ever since the big bore he cant get it tuned right. Its got more electronics than radio shack. I rode with him last Christmas and he spend more time wrenching and tinkering with it than I would in a season. He ended up blowing the exhaust temp probe out which put a halt to things.

He tries to throw money into it for tuning but it seems it cant be done. I have seen him throw hundreds of twenty dollar bills at guys to get it tuned.

Now add 300lbs to this M1000 and he will have a turbo yammi. My riding time is limited and costly, so I like to ride as many miles as possible every time out.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if your buddy insists on having a mod sled, the yammy will atleast require little tuning and should be a reliable rider. The carbs really aren't finicky. With that being said I have spent a fair amount of time riding a turbo vector, it's fun for an hour but I always gladly hop on my old skidoo 1000 again. Hope your buddy races motocross in the summer and has machine experience on something else for your sake.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dumbassracing,

You haven RX1 turbo do you have to rejet for temp or elevation change? like say 20 deg C or 4-6000ft elevation change?? How does boost effect jetting?

Can you ride at 2000 feet at 12 psi on premium or is that too much compression? What kind of boost control do you have on a carbed sled??

I dont know much about boosted sleds except I dont have the patience for them. I need turn key and ride. LOL

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i personaly never have had to touch mine, just turn the key and go.i race it at 30psi and ride it in the mountians anywhere from 15 to 24 psi and it runs good.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At what elevation are you running 30 psi racing?

I would have thought that would cause detonation at lower alttitudes.

TB

DieselDemon

Reaction score
That "kid would be me. And NO I didnt buy it thank you very much. Ps it was supercharged not turboed. And FYI I'm now riding 04 2 stroke mountain cat. My post was directed towards one on pg1 about the kid who bought a boosted sled.

Last edited:

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like he is going to buy it anyway so we will see what happens. I just hope he doesn't lose his shirt if he doesn't like it and has to sell it.

TB

Top Bottom