Help! One cylinder not getting warm!!

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I just threw in injector o rings and fixed my fuel leak. Fixed that problem. Now the cylinder that had the leaky o ring is running cold, plug was fouled. Put in fresh ones sounded better for about 30 seconds and then back to square one... Is my injector stuck open? How do I test these? I am getting spark because it's running on both cylinders and does throw SOME heat but temps are way off on both pipes. Was gonna sell this thing before I move away but it's looking like it's mine for a while now.

It's an 06 m7 with 900 big bore, v force reeds with new petals 30 miles ago.

Sent from my iPhone using

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, perfect 130 psi compression both sides.

tchriste

Reaction score
This summer I picked up a new set of injectors and had one that would not work properly. The Cat dealer I got them from said it was a common problem and that the solution was to take a 12V battery and briefly touch the injector terminals and listen for a "click". He said that they see many sleds come in at the beginning of the season with one cylinder not firing and this usually corrects the issue.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just tried the injector swap, still the same cylinder that's got the cool pipe. When I did ride it (before this issue popped up) after about a half hour I had an injector fault pop up on my boondocker. Could I have a wiring issue?

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the side of the pull start. Is that the mag side?

craptabulous

Reaction score
If you have a boondocker i would sudjest checking the harness . I found six spots rubbed through on mine .

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have also seen reeds cause this i would check for a broken one

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reeds were just done before my first ride but I guess anything is possible.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bypassed the boondocker and still does the same thing

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its probably not your issue but check if you have a spark.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over fueling might be the issue. Your electronics are telling the injector what to do. Hence why it's not the injector.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it to be over fuelling for sure! What I do know is this showed up after a rough landing where I fell off the sled, so I likely knocked something loose. I really hope I didn't fry the ECU. I've found and repaired a couple wiring issues, my injector wires ohm out good (boondocker side) though I have yet to ohm out back to the computer due to a lack of schematics, which I've pretty much determined the issue to be in factory wiring

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's not over fuelling then maybe a really weak spark!? It does fire on that cylinder, just doesn't make any heat and when you pull the pipe she's full of gas.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the main ground on the MAG side of the steering post. Not uncommon to have corrosion or a loose ground...other thing to test is fuel pressure - perhaps regulator is sticking, dumping too much fuel.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They also had a problem with tail light wiring chafing at the back where they go through the tunnel into the light. Caused all sorts of weird chit to happen.

Mayfly

Reaction score
Had similar issue on my M8 2008 and turned out to be ECU harness had pin not making connect when clipped.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not yet I'm about to start digging around again. I just moved across the country so the sled hasn't exactly been a priority, however snow is good in Ontario this year! I'm wondering if I'm maybe leaning out the pto side and not flooding the mag side like I originally though? I'll be doing an ether test on seals soon. Does it with the boondocker unhooked also and I'm 100+ degrees off, it's just waiting to grenade... I was sweating every time I had to fire it up to load and unload it during the move.

Top Bottom