Help My Side x Side is Sputtering and Stalling Out

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
Well CV carbs can be finicky. It relies on a vaccuum created within the carb to lift the slide. If it does not have enough negative pressure the slide will be out of sync with the butterfly causing issues much like the ones you are having. Make sure the main vent line from the airbox to the top of the carb is not plugged and that it is properly attached and has no leaks in it. Usually the line will have its own little foam air filter inside the airbox, make sure it is clean. If that all looks good, check the rubber diaphragm in the top of the carb barrel, make sure it does not have any holes in it, and that it is oriented (some can be put in upside down) and seated correctly. Also be aware that airbox mods can have a negative effect on a CV carb, depending on where the vent is located. It is also critical that the carbs air jets and other vent hoses are clean and installed exactly right. Hope you guys figure it out.

This is some very detailed and helpful info, thank you so much muffin man I will give this info to my husband. I hope we figure it out too. It is quite a fun machine.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually you are correct. I was speaking to him on the phone and such, his mechanics are his younger brother and some other dude. He would tell me what the mechanics did. He never actually did the work. However he did leave to the U.S. for three weeks without letting me know that his phones would all be turned off. I could not reach him or anyone for that three weeks to find out what the status of my buggy was. It sat in his garage for 2 months and not a single thing was different from the first time I went to pick it up. Then was told it was part of the break in period and re-tuning would be needed. To talk to his is a nice guy, but very unreliable to get a hold of. And whatever he told me his mechanics did, they did not do.

He has been know to disappear once in a while. I also doubt the guys working on your unit were really mechanics i mean professional mechanics. lol

Hope you get it working.

TB

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
Ok, so my hubby tore out the carb, which looked pretty clean to start with. Couldnt see anything really wrong with it. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the float pin, or if it adjusts at all. Also, we changed the oil and did a coolant flush. Coolant was dark brown color. We dont know yet if its because its mixing with the oil somewhere or if it was just awfully dirty. Put everything back together and it wouldnt start. We poured a little gas in the air intake and away she went. We played a bit with the valve settings and she ran great in the garage. So we shut it off, and shut the gas off, played a tiny bit with the valve settings nd now it wont start for nothing. Just keeps cranking. What the f now is going on. I will never get to ride this thing this year. Any ideas anyone.:mad:

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
So after enough f***** around we finally too the buggy into Gateway Powersports to get fixed. After another top end rebuild again this year and eight hours of service my machine sounds and runs better than ever. Thanks to all your guys' advice and to Gateway for bringing life
ack to my buggy.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
So after enough f***** around we finally too the buggy into Gateway Powersports to get fixed. After another top end rebuild again this year and eight hours of service my machine sounds and runs better than ever. Thanks to all your guys' advice and to Gateway for bringing life
ack to my buggy.

glad to hear you finally got it all sorted out Snow Bunny.

Top Bottom