Help! I broke down on the road

Marco

Reaction score
2007 Summt 800. 1400km on the updated motor. I had a proper warm up session and a ten minute ride on my new-to-me machine and it just up and quit on the road causing me to grab a trailer and take it home. It basically felt like i hit the off switch by accident no noises or anything. has compression and pulls over fine. the lanyard is connected and the switch is on. i just got it and want to play :( thanks for any ideas.B

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check all your relay's and fuses. Make sure the airbox filter isn't iced up. Same with the fuel. If this happened today it is -28 out so that could be it as well.

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a similar thing happen to my 07 this season, just riding down the trail and it quit, just died and nothing, pulled over and seemed fine but wouldnt start, pulled the plugs and put another new set in (the other set was new 20min prior) and son bith fired right up same as nothing ever happend, i thought wtf but weirder shet has happened i guess.

jal

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my 05 rev 800 last month, rode great for 3 days in the mountains, last day rolled to a stop. Everything seemed to check out but no spark. After painful troubleshoothing It ended up being one of the pulse coils came loose and got eaten by the mag. Use a multimeter to make sure the coils and stator resistances check out.

Marco

Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen. I went and bought a compression tester that isn't a hundred years old. One cylinder is like 130+ the left one is like 40 lol. Why would this randomly happen. And where's the best spot you guys get a top end from? Thanks!

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bought this sled and didn't get one ride on it before the motor quit? If it were me, I wouldn't be too happy about that. Where did you get the motor updated and what did they do to it?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put in mcb 2 ring pistons.... very good stuff... 300 for the pistion kit with gaskets ect....

jackinthebox

Reaction score
You should seriously find out WHY you lost that cylinder,chances are your center bearing is tossed,and you pulled material up that cylinder...junking it....i'm talking from experience....find out the reason first before throwing money @ it...
You say" new motor" ,receipts for motor rebuild from so called respective seller?

Marco

Reaction score
Well I got a few good rides and it's pretty awesome but those were after long warm up seasioms. I have a feeling my rippin hard too soon cost me. Oh well I'll tear into it and have a look. Thanks for your help. Ill keep y'all informed of my findings.

Marco

Reaction score
damn it.called back to work.took it to the shop there gonna throw some rings in it and see if thats good enough to have fun with. wish i had time to do it myself :mad:

Top Bottom