help 08 rmk 700

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 08 rmk 700 and was wandering what the max rpm should be & what are safe temps i looked in the manual and couldn't find anything and searching around i found from 7600-8200 rpm:confused:

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i put on 70 miles this weekend around bonaccord and i seem to be getting around 8250 rpm and average temp was 125 so i hope thats ok my screen gose blank when my hand warmers are on high or everything comes on the screen all 8's has anyone else have this problem i have to take it in for a oil sending unit recall so i'll get them to chack it out

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a 700 dragon had the weights changed and geared down rpm should be no higher than 8250 for max power if you can take a 700 for a test ride you will be suprised by it's power and handling what year is your summit i would wait for the 800 dragon 2lbs more but great power

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i came off of a 99 rmk 600 so i really cant say anything bad at first felt a little tippy but by the end of the day it was nice and the get up and go is sweet

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
papajake did you get the slp can for the dragon just wondering how it is i bought it but i want to put some miles on and then chage it to see if theres a difference @ what weights did you go to

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had all the work done at highriver polaris not sure about weights but will find out tomorrow the pipe that i will be putting on is a mbrp weight is less than a slp and sounds better lower tone don't know if gearing was needed but it does pull hard on long hills

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had all the work done at highriver polaris not sure about weights but will find out tomorrow the pipe that i will be putting on is a mbrp weight is less than a slp and sounds better lower tone don't know if gearing was needed but it does pull hard on long hills

am mbrp PIPE? i thought they just made the cans?

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
xxx thanks have you had any electrical problems with the hand heaters on high

Keng

Reaction score
having the same problem here with my 700 as well with the hand warmers on high. lights go dim mfd goes blank flashes once and a while and power guage shows almost dead any help would be awesome. would hate to have to go into the shop for a loose connection.

Keng

Reaction score
so jay get that problem fixed with your guage and hand warmers. i was told a bad element can do that. just wondering cause i think thats why its doing it on mine. i have no righ hand warme.r

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i found out theres a problem with the hand heater shorting out on the bars and have to take it back to be fixed

Keng

Reaction score
cool cool. found out same problem with mine. the right grip is messed. now waiting for one to come in.

mcgoo700

Reaction score
How do you guys like your 700's, I'm thinking of selling my 800 Summit X and getting a Polaris? :D

I got an 08 700 RMK and i love it. My friend has the 800 summit and i can run side by side with him he has mods like clutch and can and my sled is stock so i would say ditch that doo and hop on a polaris!

Arny

Reaction score
Have your dealer run your vin for re-calls, there were some warranty bulletins on the 08 rmk's

zgrizz

Reaction score
In regards to your gauge flashing, yes, its your hand warmers shorting out. It is a recall, so your dealer should replace them no problem, we had 2 out of 3 sleds go. I just ripped my grips off, and put a piece of electrical tape around the bars, just under the contacts.

sledhead2481

Reaction score
had probs with mine but my gauges quit completely. found the speedo wire under the airbox worn through and shorting out on the bracket. was worn through on the bracket that holds the strap to hold the airbox down. taped it up and my gauges still didn't work. replaced the gauge and been good ever since. talked to cross country sales and service, sedgewick, ab 780-384-2215. helped alot to troubleshoot

xxx

Reaction score
Has any one been braking motor mount bolts should check your machines out had one brake front left major bitch to fix .Should this be covered under warranty????faulty bolt???

Top Bottom