Helmets

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a month in on my fly F2 carbon. Good quality build. It comes with plugs for the vents but the vents are not that big so I have not bothered.

Really happy with it. It's really not all that light, especially for cf kevlar but I think Snell rated helmets are a bit heavier.

I've worn out mt biking and really didn't notice it.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear a Fly F2 carbon as well, not the lightest helmet on the market. But it is Snell rated.

Warm, and very comfortable to wear both in winter and summer. I'm coming on season three with mine.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are you liking that DH helmet you bought, Oler?

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow in Edmonton sells Suomy helmets? I have an odd shaped head and need to try it on before I spend any $$$

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a DH helmet for snow let me know I am selling one. Its wicked low weight but it doesn't have as much holes in it. Its actually too warm for me, only used it twice last year. Has a breath box or guard with it. Its a Giro Cipher S black in color and I think its a large.

I know this is the place to sell things I just figured the post topic made sense.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am on my 4th Fly Carbon F2. They fit amazing and love the graphics. Kinda an addiction buying them. I have a MotorFist Alpha Carbon helmet for sale. It is a large. Wore once. I also have a MotorFist Dominator helmet size large which has never been worn for sale if anyone is interested! I want to buy the new Airoh Aviator 2.2!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are you liking that DH helmet you bought, Oler?
good question, just to follow up with this thread I picked up a Kali Avatar X helmet. it is the lightest downhill helmet on the market to my knowledge at 800gr. In comparison to my HJC carbon or even a 509 this helmet is substantially lighter. I use 509 sinister goggles, to be honest they fit better in this helmet vs my old HJC. For cold weather riding, wit the better fitting goggles I do not receive wind burn on my checks and chin. I do wear a head sock. the front chin opening is nice and large to get rid of heat as well. This particular helmet does not have a ton of venting to make it cold, but does have enough venting to remove unwanted head heat. it has a way better circulation system. Now for general sledding, jumping, going over the bars, or things that give the head a good jolt. Love it, it is just that much lighter on my neck muscles. price wise I picked this up at MEC for $280. To date it is my best helmet purchase! kali'.jpg

Attachments

25.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Top Bottom