Helmet and Goggles

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What brand of helmet do you ride with?
Goggles, which ones are the best for you?
I'm looking for a new helmet and goggles for this season, so I need some feedback. Thanks.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim helmet 509 goggles sinister and aviator work great always warm rarely fog and the interchangeable spring vented liner is nice on warm days

Last edited:

v10rider

Reaction score
Pretty much use my dirt bike helmet which is a TLD SE. I used 509 goggles from time to time but they always fog up on me so went back to my snowboard goggle (Smith Phenom).

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with the brand that fits my head properly. I don't find any point in asking someone else what is best for them because it might not fit me the way it should.

TLD's are cool looking helmets, but are a round/round design. Don't fit my head well at all. Never tried on a Klim. My Sled helmet is a Shoei oval/round, my dirt bike a Fly Carbon. I don't like the Fly for sledding as it has a lot of venting. Lets in too much cold air on a cold day. Great for summer.

Most people will always size a helmet too large for their head as well. It should pinch your cheeks like a chipmunk.

I have a stupid long post about helmets that I will reserve myself from posting, but if you want a good helmet go to a shop that knows something about sizing helmets. Spend some time there. Try different goggle combinations out with the helmets you like and fit you well. I don't think I spend less than a hour shopping for new helmets.

Same old adage, buy a $50 helmet for a $50 head. Don't buy used, and don't buy something off the internet if you have never tried it on.

Once you know of a few helmets you like, ask specificaly about those helmets. If you want the silly long post, just ask :)

shavedtree

Reaction score
Like takethebounce said, you should wear what fits your head. With that said, i wear a TLD Air and just picked up some 509 sinisters. so far i havent had any issues with them fogging up but since theres no snow here i've only been riding the atv

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with the brand that fits my head properly. I don't find any point in asking someone else what is best for them because it might not fit me the way it should.

TLD's are cool looking helmets, but are a round/round design. Don't fit my head well at all. Never tried on a Klim. My Sled helmet is a Shoei oval/round, my dirt bike a Fly Carbon. I don't like the Fly for sledding as it has a lot of venting. Lets in too much cold air on a cold day. Great for summer.

Most people will always size a helmet too large for their head as well. It should pinch your cheeks like a chipmunk.

I have a stupid long post about helmets that I will reserve myself from posting, but if you want a good helmet go to a shop that knows something about sizing helmets. Spend some time there. Try different goggle combinations out with the helmets you like and fit you well. I don't think I spend less than a hour shopping for new helmets.

Same old adage, buy a $50 helmet for a $50 head. Don't buy used, and don't buy something off the internet if you have never tried it on.

Once you know of a few helmets you like, ask specificaly about those helmets. If you want the silly long post, just ask :)

a lot of good info here
I used to ride street bikes back in the day (oh how I miss my gixxer 750......:( ) and a few of my buddies wore Arai lids
I never could understand why they spent so much on a helmet, until i tried one on - it just fits my head perfectly
ill tell you that the more expensive helmets, do fit a lot better (not always the case for some, but for me)
they are much lighter, which takes strain off your neck and back

DEF try a bunch on in different stores and see which one fits you best

now my only gripe - is the mark up on them
My old full face Arai was $1100 in store, and i was able to find a brand new one online for $599.......no brainer
did the same with my current sled helmet - which is a FLY Racing platinum LX renaissance
over $500 beans in store, was able to score one online for $299 shipped brand new

sorry I am all about supporting the local guys, but when the price differences are this much, ill buy online all day
but it was from a paid sponsor

combined up w some sweet 509 Sinisters and I have a well fitting, fog free combo
works for me, and it might work for you

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 is a great helmet, and the 509 goggles or smiths work really well with them. I prefer the smiths however.

YFZRIDER06

Reaction score
Personally been using a 509 helmet with there goggles been best set up for snow for me, tried several different helmets and goggle set ups found most goggles just fog up and freeze when i ride. Going to be testing out a set of Von Zipper snow board goggles as well this year to see if theres a difference.

79TXL

Reaction score
I just ordered 509 Helmet/goggle set up from their website. After pricing them out around Edmonton, way cheaper to get it directly from them.

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What brand of helmet do you ride with?
Goggles, which ones are the best for you?
I'm looking for a new helmet and goggles for this season, so I need some feedback. Thanks.

the good thing with 509 is you can mod your gogs haaha. You can get things like the aniti mod part or new lenses.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about snowboard goggles. I see alot of people running them. Are they better for staying fog free, since they were built for the active snowboarder? Any good brands you folks have tried . How much are they worth ? and are they worth it.

Top Bottom