Heading to Chump, Long, North Buck, Hope lake area.

Will Bondy

Reaction score
Is there any spots I guy can get without paying for camping in that area. some small or big open area off the side of the road on crown land?

Tip of the day Crown land allows you to Camp for 14 days ( from the time they see you hehe )

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tons of areas near Chump lake and Buck. On the road to chump lake look for some other roads that turn off then follow those for a bit and there's some areas. You can always jump on that gravel road heading to Plamondon and a few km's up there theres some turn off areas to a nice jackpine area.

Will Bondy

Reaction score
So I went to Hope Lake, I was really impressed with the Quading right outside the gated area. The quading is more for Family if your looking for agressive you won't find it it was pretty tame well tame for me. They have a compound you can keep your quad in. Sadly they lock it down at around 10PM and open it up at 9AM. YOu can park outside the east gate but you are taking your own changes as it is out of sight. Great camp ground for Young families just enough to keep them busy.

I am just not into paying to camp, it is not a money thing I just don't like some of the rules. I am not a load drunk by any means but if we BS'ing and it gets load for a couple of minutes I don't want to get yelled at by some ranger. That is another thing that pisses me off, we have a endless amount of land and we build these dang camp grounds like the houses in Edmonton 1 foot from another... Really...

blair6862

Reaction score
There will be more work done to block access to camping spots in the chumplake area, local residents support the work that will be done . We have picked up to much garbage from the outback areas so something will be done for the 2013 camping season

PetroMan

Reaction score
Unfortunately Blair is right a few bad apples that can't leave the outback campsites clean(no garbage) are forcing the closure(loss of access) to these favorate outback camping areas. So if you see someone leaving a mess let them know they are affecting all of us. If the trend continues we will only be able to camp/ride in designated camping/riding areas. We have to police our selves or our kids will not be able to enjoy what we take for granted.

Top Bottom