Have will t go but no map

Mackie 12

Reaction score
Anyone going south to the pass this weekend, two of us would like to go but dont know where we are going?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone going south to the pass this weekend, two of us would like to go but dont know where we are going?

I am riding at Castle ski resort on sunday, should be good and we know are way around, come along if ya like!
Shawn

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am riding at Castle ski resort on sunday, should be good and we know are way around, come along if ya like!
Shawn

Hey johni, what time you leavin by. I got a deck and i might just throw it on and go for a ride. I havent been riding since december
let me know today and maybe we can hook up for a ride.

403-510-2182

Kiel

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Font to Ruby drainage guys. 8700ft holds the best snow in southern Alta. I'am done this year for hard rides so go get it:D

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Font to Ruby drainage guys. 8700ft holds the best snow in southern Alta. I'am done this year for hard rides so go get it:D

Where do ya stage and how far in on trail until ya get some goods?
easy to get around if I have never been there?
thx

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shawn

Sorry JB I assumed you knew your way around the Castle Drainage. Easiest way is off BML/SC road. Down to Makin pass close to the W.Park boundary. East over to Sage and down into Ruby. Pretty general but I will get you GPS with waypoints when I can.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry JB I assumed you knew your way around the Castle Drainage. Easiest way is off BML/SC road. Down to Makin pass close to the W.Park boundary. East over to Sage and down into Ruby. Pretty general but I will get you GPS with waypoints when I can.

I know my way around the ski hill area, meaning take the road in at the base and up over the pass and we have been up to the the 2 lakes and down the valley 15-20kms or so. I am not sure of any of the names and I know my way around for a day trip but I am know means well versed on all the Ranges in the area, thats why I always bug you!lol. and I understand if ya keep going you will get to Fernie.
I am not good with names of Roads and passes etc....

thanks for the info,
so where do ya stage? at the ski hill? again I am bad with names sorry
thanks for the help Experience is a beatiful thing.

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pincher got the most snow out of this storm. you should have a awesome ride at west castle. roads not so good right now. should be good my morning

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know my way around the ski hill area, meaning take the road in at the base and up over the pass and we have been up to the the 2 lakes and down the valley 15-20kms or so. I am not sure of any of the names and I know my way around for a day trip but I am know means well versed on all the Ranges in the area, thats why I always bug you!lol. and I understand if ya keep going you will get to Fernie.
I am not good with names of Roads and passes etc....

thanks for the info,
so where do ya stage? at the ski hill? again I am bad with names sorry
thanks for the help Experience is a beatiful thing.
I think the area you speak of is Middle Koot Pass. MKP exits into the Flathead at the the Grave Yard or if you run thru Middlepass ridge to Commerce skyline you will exit near Harvey Cr. and the tail of Morissey Rd.
The road Y's ...............a right turn takes you past the Avy section and to MKP...............a left or go straight rd. takes you to Three Lakes Ridge and Scarpe MTN. At sign # 17 you can climb east an south onto Barnaby Ridge and into Ruby. Do not attempt this without at least 150 h.p. and good side hill riders. Second side hill is into a canyon 300 feet down.
That is if you stage at the ski hill parking lot.
I recommend turning onto the Beaver Mines Lake rd. If you cross the Castle River you've gone to far. You will see a logging road that intersects with this road and it heads south. Unload there if its possible and theres room. If there's no room travel towards the lake and before the barbed wire gates there is a parking area. The trail from there will meet up with the first spot I suggested. The road your sledding south on is South Castle RD. Marker #4 will take you to the Scarpe Drainage and the Ruby. You can ride the Barnaby and the Grizzly basin to the north. Or continue south to the Jutland. This area is near paralell with 3 Lakes Ridge that you ride to from the ski hill.
If you pass by marker 4 and continue to #3 you will be on Font trail that takes you to Makin Pass. Carefull if you go to markers 2 and 1 you are nearing the Park Border. When your going thru the Hamlet of Beaver Mines stop at the Gas Station look in bouchure rack and pick up a. Castle Special Management Area Map. They are kinda general but it will get you started.

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice directions Snotty, Way to go with some real good info.Thumbs up, and happy riding JB.

Last edited:
Top Bottom