Has ISIS gone too far?

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Re: Has ISIS gone to far?

I hear what your saying Ken. And if it was as simple as looks I Spose it would all be over. A lot of the guys they fighting are the same guys they put in power to take the other guy out? It's about as convoluted as it gets. Like training a rabid coyote to take out the others. One way or the other it will bite you in ass. I guess our only hope is that putin gets them all. The only other thing I cannot understand is why the hell these two super powers cannot get there **** together if they are both after world peace? Who the heck are you suppose to beleive?

The Internet and the CBC.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hear what your saying Ken. And if it was as simple as looks I Spose it would all be over. A lot of the guys they fighting are the same guys they put in power to take the other guy out? It's about as convoluted as it gets. Like training a rabid coyote to take out the others. One way or the other it will bite you in ass. I guess our only hope is that putin gets them all. The only other thing I cannot understand is why the hell these two super powers cannot get there **** together if they are both after world peace? Who the heck are you suppose to beleive?
Putin is not there solely to get ISIS. He is probably bombing the rebels that oppose Assad 3 or 4 to 1. Assad is his buddy. He sells them all there arms and it is in his best interests to keep him in power. The rebels are propped up by the US and depending who you talk to may not be the kind of peeps you bring home to visit Mom either. Yes its a sticky mess but as of now it doesn't appear that the US is bombing Assads troops. Putin can't make the same statement. He's slimier than the US by a long shot.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

These people are victims, and probably good hearted. They never chose to be born in Syria.

I'm not necessarily for picking a fight in other parts of the world Steve but I am also a person that has a soft spot for persecuted peeps that have no hope in there lives because of people like Saddam, Bin Laden,Hitler and now this Ali Baba guy that runs ISIS. The reason for hundreds of thousands of people fleeing to the west is because of bullies like ISIS, Al Queda and the such. If we are in the wrong then why the heck do these people want to come over here? If we have the capability to help these people over there then we help ourselves over here as well. No mass immigration, and bad people go away in the night. At some point in the future, probably long after we are gone there will be a power switch if something isn't done now while its manageable. Its a fight our kids and grandkids may fight and that scares the hell out of me.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There's more money in conflict than peace.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

These people are victims, and probably good hearted. They never chose to be born in Syria.
I think your missing my point Cuso. If it is wrong for us to be there then why would the people want to come to our country? In other words if they hated us and our way of life then why would they come here? Does that make sense? Lol:shrug:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think your missing my point Cuso. If it is wrong for us to be there then why would the people want to come to our country? In other words if they hated us and our way of life then why would they come here? Does that make sense? Lol:shrug:

I agree, they want to come here and enjoy the free living we will provide for them.....I have talked to lots of 20-30yr old people and most of them are of the view that there is no problem, people are overreacting, everyone should be allowed to come here....I am sure glad I don't have kids that are going to have a unknown future, all of us who are 40+ had a great carefree childhood, will it be the same for kids 30yrs from now :confused:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not quite sure what you are referring to...Who hates our way of life?? For the record, I don't think it's wrong for us to be there at all...

Do you think the people of Syria are terrorists? Please enlighten me..:confused:

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's not free living, it's freedom. Where is it shown that they wold get a free ride?

I am sure they would work harder than any Canadian to have a better life than what they have now... I myself an educated enough to not be threatened by them taking work away from me.

'We' in the western world have no idea what it is to run from war. My parent's do, and they told me many times about it.

Just imagine if isis came in and took over, chopping heads off of anyone who resisted their ways?

I agree, they want to come here and enjoy the free living we will provide for them.....I have talked to lots of 20-30yr old people and most of them are of the view that there is no problem, people are overreacting, everyone should be allowed to come here....I am sure glad I don't have kids that are going to have a unknown future, all of us who are 40+ had a great carefree childhood, will it be the same for kids 30yrs from now :confused:

Ol' Sarge

Reaction score

I think we can all agree that American intervention in some parts of the world has had it's problems, and sometimes the foreign policy criticism is valid. But for me the bottom line is simply this; You are either the biggest, most powerful military force on the face of the earth or you are not. And if America is not the policeman of the planet then who? It will be someone. And I sleep less well knowing it will be Russia, China, or anyone else.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's not free living, it's freedom. Where is it shown that they wold get a free ride?

I am sure they would work harder than any Canadian to have a better life than what they have now... I myself an educated enough to not be threatened by them taking work away from me.

'We' in the western world have no idea what it is to run from war. My parent's do, and they told me many times about it.

Just imagine if isis came in and took over, chopping heads off of anyone who resisted their ways?

okay, who pays to get them here, working tax payers
who pays to subsidize their housing, working tax payers
who feeds them, working tax payers
who pays for free medical for them, working tax payers (oh and I pay monthly for my medical)
who pays for their living expenses and education/job skill training, working tax payers
who pays for prescriptions for the sick until they can pay, working tax payers

so I have no problem with immigrants that are skilled workers and can contribute, but just bringing mass people here is crazy....I work hard for my money and pay crazy taxes and receive nothing for free, I have never collected EI/Welfare, always paid my medical fees/prescription costs, never had housing provided, so I feel I have a right to say immigration should be controlled.

I have said this before, those people who feel that a crap load of Syrians should come here take them into your home and cover the costs then I could care less.....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not quite sure what you are referring to...Who hates our way of life?? For the record, I don't think it's wrong for us to be there at all...

Do you think the people of Syria are terrorists? Please enlighten me..:confused:
Forget it. You are not seeing my point. As far as Syria goes, no I do not believe they are all terrorists. However they are listed as the 3rd worst nation in the world for state sponsored terrorism, so yes there are a lot of bad actors over there starting at the top.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That is their goal, Can u recognize the ones who are a danger ?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

who pays for free medical for them, working tax payers (oh and I pay monthly for my medical)
who pays for their living expenses and education/job skill training, working tax payers

so I have no problem with immigrants that are skilled workers and can contribute, but just bringing mass people here is crazy....I work hard for my money and pay crazy taxes and receive nothing for free, I have never collected EI/Welfare, always paid my medical fees/prescription costs, never had housing provided, so I feel I have a right to say immigration should be controlled.

I have said this before, those people who feel that a crap load of Syrians should come here take them into your home and cover the costs then I could care less.....
Well said Clode!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's ok if you don't know the answer to what you mean.... I understand. LOL

am I perceiving that..., all muslims are 'evil'....?

Forget it. You are not seeing my point. As far as Syria goes, no I do not believe they are all terrorists. However they are listed as the 3rd worst nation in the world for state sponsored terrorism, so yes there are a lot of bad actors over there starting at the top.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I dig.
thanks for the honest reply.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe I mentioned in a previous thread that I lived in the middle east when I was younger. I found people were just as proud of their country than we are or the Americans are. Unfortunately, they happen to be in a part of the world where conflict has been a part of their life for thousands of years (on/off mostly between different ethnic factions). Now for what ever reason, the "new world" decided to instil their democratic ways or "in national interests" and all hell breaks out not just in the region, but all over. I know for a fact that many of these people did not want to leave their home land as it takes a major sacrifice to do so as someone always gets left behind. They would rather build their lives around what they know and not what they don't. The latest conflict in Syria will not be fixed over night as there are too many forces involved. For me, it is a shame families are displaced and forced to cross the Med to Greek Islands then walk for days to get a sense of peace and safety for their family and children. Being a father I would do the same. On the other hand, the young men are taking advantage of the situation probably more because they are like the "new generation of entitlement" instead of sacrificing for your home land and fight like our fore fathers did in the world wars. Several years ago I had the privilege of visiting the D-Day beaches in France. Now those guys had balls to run out of a perfectly floating boat to face a German barrage of bullets and shells. Anyway, for the record, so many of us are basing our opinions on Facebook images/media and others about the crap going on in Europe etc. I strongly believe the majority of the Syrian people are just like us……. family orientated. Yes there are bad apples (and extreme ones) but we have them here in N.America too with serial killers, movie theatre killers, rapist, murders, pedophiles etc etc. Would I ever stop another Canadian or American moving in my town……. no because we are not all these types of people. just my 2 cents worth.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What a great post , maybe there should be an optional "immigrant relief fund " set up , if you have the same feelings and convictions as cuso and some others , let them shoulder that financial burden . Why should those who disagree with this open arms , full ride bull$hit have to participate ? If you believe its the right thing , support it , not just by yapping , but by taking responsibility for those financial and health and social needs . And cuso , how many in your immigrant parents family or even of their faith have knocked down sky scrapers. , bombed airplanes bombed the olympics , beheaded journalists and those whose beliefs were different than theirs. How many demanded we stop celebrating christmas , saying the lords prayer , change traditionsl uniforms or treat women like brood mares ?
To compare true immigrants of the past to these people, you need to pull your head out , thats just dumb , even for you !

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's ok if you don't know the answer to what you mean.... I understand. LOL

am I perceiving that..., all muslims are 'evil'....?
Cmon man?? What are you getting at? I never said all muslims were evil? You having a party tonight? Lol.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am thinking the Alantic and Maritime Provinces will want to take their share since they voted liberal. They must be looking for a lot of fishermen and maybe some gift shop workers at Peggie's Cove. Sounds like a good fit. Sure hope the cod come back!

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand your thoughtful post. However there is no possible way that bring 25000 refugees will solve any of the problems facing the Middle East. It's like p!ssing in the ocean. If I thought for one second that by bringing these 25,000 refugees to our country that we would help solve the problem I would go for it, but what about the other 25,000,000 that we are not looking after. How would that affect Armstrong and your way of life? This problem is simple bigger then us. I suggest that anyone that believes we/they need to help, start handing out pencils over there. I hear there is a shortage.
I believe I mentioned in a previous thread that I lived in the middle east when I was younger. I found people were just as proud of their country than we are or the Americans are. Unfortunately, they happen to be in a part of the world where conflict has been a part of their life for thousands of years (on/off mostly between different ethnic factions). Now for what ever reason, the "new world" decided to instil their democratic ways or "in national interests" and all hell breaks out not just in the region, but all over. I know for a fact that many of these people did not want to leave their home land as it takes a major sacrifice to do so as someone always gets left behind. They would rather build their lives around what they know and not what they don't. The latest conflict in Syria will not be fixed over night as there are too many forces involved. For me, it is a shame families are displaced and forced to cross the Med to Greek Islands then walk for days to get a sense of peace and safety for their family and children. Being a father I would do the same. On the other hand, the young men are taking advantage of the situation probably more because they are like the "new generation of entitlement" instead of sacrificing for your home land and fight like our fore fathers did in the world wars. Several years ago I had the privilege of visiting the D-Day beaches in France. Now those guys had balls to run out of a perfectly floating boat to face a German barrage of bullets and shells. Anyway, for the record, so many of us are basing our opinions on Facebook images/media and others about the crap going on in Europe etc. I strongly believe the majority of the Syrian people are just like us……. family orientated. Yes there are bad apples (and extreme ones) but we have them here in N.America too with serial killers, movie theatre killers, rapist, murders, pedophiles etc etc. Would I ever stop another Canadian or American moving in my town……. no because we are not all these types of people. just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom