has anyone ever adopted

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm glad it worked for them, Sitting in the government seminars, they were pushing for foster homes more so over adoptive.

I'm not sure how overseas would work. from this last seminar we were at they told us its a harder process and you are bound by the other counties rules and regulations.

Yeah, but it was a hard road for them too, they have been foster parents for the better part of 20 years now. The key is to just stay positive about all of it, where there is a will there is a way, I'm sure it will work out in the end for you.

I can definitely see there being a second set of bureaucracy to deal with with an oversea adoption.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend at work adopted a girl from China , I'll ask him more details. I didn't think it was too bad except when they said come get her they meant right now! And the $10000 I think. Which at the end of the day is not a big deal after the mayhem you've been threw.

IMO true foster parents are truly the greatest people on the planet. Me and my wife are approved foster parents but with the birth of our son it's been too much for us old timers. We plan on going the respite for other parents just to give them a break. As they truly are selfish giving people who quite often get their hearts ripped apart when foster kids crack addicted grandmother wants the kid so she gets the cash!! Million stories out there. But if you have the pleasure of meeting a foster parent give them a hug, cash or even a hour break!! They deserve so much more! It's sad you only hear about the bad ones when there are soooo many great ones!
Sorry for the rant !

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if the social worker assigned to your case is imposing some of her personal beliefs into the situation, or is the agency itself backing this social workers comments? When we went through the process, and in helping others, it's people from all walks of life. Even the agencies themselves say they do not know what makes a birth parent choose one family over an other. Something in the profile just resonates with them. What's to say you, your wife, and your lifestyle won't resonate with a birth parent(s). Sounds like a bit of BS to me. I am under the impression that every family gets to create a profile and the final say is up to the birth parents. Maybe a little more questioning and investigating is in order. Another social worker or agency perhaps?

Private adoption is a very real possibility too. Keep getting the word out there. Eventually someone knows someone, who knows someone......

Here's a story for you........friends of ours had an adoption setup in the US, southern US. When they went down to pick up the child, the mother had changed her mind. As they were walking out of the hospital the staff told them to wait 45 minutes. They ended up coming home with a child from another birth mother. Yes, it's indicative of another socia economic issue, but they were able to provide a fantastic home to a fantastic child.

You've got lots of good support here. Keep fighting the good fight.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And when you're tired of him or want to see what a moody rolling eyes smart-ass attitude 17 year old premadona is like we can lend you ours for an extended period of time! Honest, no rush to get her back, enjoy the experience 😂

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And when you're tired of him or want to see what a moody rolling eyes smart-ass attitude 17 year old premadona is like we can lend you ours for an extended period of time! Honest, no rush to get her back, enjoy the experience 😂

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
I've got a six year old that is the same way lol

Note: "Contents of this forum have been read by the CIA, FBI, IRS, BATF, DHS, NSA, TSA, EPA, BLM, & MSNBC. There is absolutely NO expectation of privacy."

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno about adopting..... but we have a 14 year old pain in the ass I'm pretty tired of. You could borrow him for 4 or 5 years?

And when you're tired of him or want to see what a moody rolling eyes smart-ass attitude 17 year old premadona is like we can lend you ours for an extended period of time! Honest, no rush to get her back, enjoy the experience ��

oh, possible business opportunity for some entrepreneur....rent a kid

Last edited by a moderator:

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if the social worker assigned to your case is imposing some of her personal beliefs into the situation, or is the agency itself backing this social workers comments? When we went through the process, and in helping others, it's people from all walks of life. Even the agencies themselves say they do not know what makes a birth parent choose one family over an other. Something in the profile just resonates with them. What's to say you, your wife, and your lifestyle won't resonate with a birth parent(s). Sounds like a bit of BS to me. I am under the impression that every family gets to create a profile and the final say is up to the birth parents. Maybe a little more questioning and investigating is in order. Another social worker or agency perhaps?

Private adoption is a very real possibility too. Keep getting the word out there. Eventually someone knows someone, who knows someone......

Here's a story for you........friends of ours had an adoption setup in the US, southern US. When they went down to pick up the child, the mother had changed her mind. As they were walking out of the hospital the staff told them to wait 45 minutes. They ended up coming home with a child from another birth mother. Yes, it's indicative of another socia economic issue, but they were able to provide a fantastic home to a fantastic child.

You've got lots of good support here. Keep fighting the good fight.

Reading the report now for the umteenth time, the case worker did focus more on the negative, all the positive stories and situations we gave she made mention but that was it. anything negative seemed drawn out and repeated.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She sounds like her husband left her and her kids hate her and she is power tripping lol. Any one wanting to adopt for the right reasons would make a fantastic parent IMO. There's an angle for you just got to find it! The more you talk about it the more info you will find that will give that angle. Good luck

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isn't that the truth!!!! IMO someone who has decided to adopt must be "special" in the first place as they are mentally and mostly likely financially ready to undertake such a responsibility whereas some of the so called "parents" think it is a game to get pregnant and raise a child but they have no clue.

It's sad how hard it is to adopt when there are so many pieces of chit out there that have no business raising children.

Reactions: RXN
Top Bottom