Has anyone been on the ice around central alberta area

denseleit

Reaction score
Hi, everyone, just wondering if anyone has been on the ice anywhere around central alberta lakes or small bodies of water. How thick is the ice at this point in season?????
Doug

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, don't do it yet. I've been scoping out the Blindman river, but the springs are still running, keeping alot of the river open. Most of the ponds around here still had open water on them before this dump of snow...even with -25 at night, it's gonna take a while to be safe.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm an EMT and I did a call about a week and a half ago to Alberta Beach area for a fellow who was walking on the ice and fell in. Rescue efforts failed due to ice thickness, weight, middle of the night and other factors; needless to say he unfortunatly passed away. So, no, it is definetly not thick enough, especially if you're thinking of sledding on it! Stay away from those lakes!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont we remeber what happened last year to the guy crossing sandy beach and went through, some people called him stupid for being out on the ice that early............

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The ice is just fine! If you can get your sled on it doo some power turns between the blue lines......lol

A sled will go on ice where you can't walk but that is old trapper information and the young at heart have a hard time with it!!!

Top Bottom