Handle bar heaters not working!!!!

turborev

Reaction score
I was wondering what any other ideas people have. The thumb and bar heaters are not working. I changed the relay and still no work. I there any way that in the programming that it got turned off some how?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what any other ideas people have. The thumb and bar heaters are not working. I changed the relay and still no work. I there any way that in the programming that it got turned off some how?

I'm not sure what kind of switches you have. I have the Symtech ones on my quads and the switches are CRAP. Every couple of times I use them, I have to replace the switches. Now I just carry spare switches with me.

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use a multi meter and check the resistance in the grids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nielsy

Reaction score
some years back I was working on a 2008x and the heated grip was not working traced it back to gauge cluster did update on cluster and wupti heated grips working again

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 09 they work at idle? Maybe they changed it somewhere or maybe my sleds possessed all I know is that while warming up after sitting in the freezing rain overnight before going back in the inclosed (sled shuffling and mine got left out) my bars were steaming and melted off while the rest was still an icicle

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the e techs that don't seem to work at idle.

sent from my htc

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the e techs that don't seem to work at idle.

sent from my htc

Yes it is the E-TECs that don't work unless the engine is over 2000 rpm, but I guess I would start with the simple stuff like checking the resistance on the grids them selves and work your way back from there.

Top Bottom