H20 skidoo in sicamous

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2:00 on saturday is a joke especially when you are closed again on the monday! rushing out to the dealer show i think not! it was his kid who was at the front gate with his girlfriend saying he was the cleaner and had no idea how to get hold of dale the owner when in fact it was his kid standing there! who closes a shop at 2 on a saturday anyways if your gonna be open saturday atleast be like most of the other and be there 9-4. it's just really really sad when the locals are even saying good luck on getting parts and thats from the locals who are buying $100,000+ in machines. regardless if the guy bought the sled from you fix the damn thing that is your chance to say "hey this is what the other dealer/installer did wrong here is how you fix it" makes people a lot more happy than "excuse me do you have a spare a-arm in side for rev xp we could buy" "I'm just the cleaner I dont know how to get a hold of the guy". I love it when people come into my shop with a problem from another dealer it gives you the chance to be the hero not the zero like H20! I'm sure if you did show up on a tuesday to friday and possibly saturday from 9-2 you just might have a chance of getting work done. Just might is not a good odd I like the fact of picking up a phone at 10 to 6 at night and calling a shop and asking for a part and having them say no problem we will have it here waiting for ya when you get here! Now thats service and that is what you hear at places like rough country,sled,shed,eagle valley lodge,macs and so many other other dealers that actually give a damn about our sport.

I forgot about Rough Country! Good people!

His kid hasn't worked there in a few months, he moved away. He could have very well just been there closing up while his Dad was away. Personally, if I lived in a small town in the mountains and owned a shop, I would be happy closing at noon so I could go riding.

Maybe someone should offer to buy him out, seems there are a lot of great people on here who know how to run a buisness right? Jared? your dealerships sound to be doing well? Can you only be closed say on Tuesday/Wednesday though so the out of towners can all get parts and service on weekends? Yeah its a pain to not be able to get things when you want but thats life sometimes.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken - you and I will already have to agree to disagree on H2O. You know where I stand.

Milton - that sucks he wouldn't help you, but being it was Saturday when they normally close at noon and they were most likely rushing to get on a plane to get to the dealer show in FL. could the response have been more welcoming, yeah probably, but it is what it is.

I'll be one of the few who actually prefer to deal with H2O. I have been screwed around by dealers in Calgary more times then not, getting false info, screwed on parts, no discounts after buying sleds from them that I gladly will deal with a dealer out of province who treats me with a little appreciation as I bought my last sled there.

Is it true he treats guys like crap when they don't purchase sleds from him? Sure, maybe? My 09 wasn't purchased from him, had an issue with it early last winter, stopped in a 900am on a saturday morning, told me to go for coffee and had it fixed by 1000. I've been in there multiple times when he is working on a Sunday to fix someones junk who's week is going to be ruined because they don't maintain their crap and expect a small one person dealer to drop everything and fix it for them.

If I sold anything performance related and time and time again someone came to me to do the work but hadn't made the initial purchase from me, I might get a little tired of that. Is it bad buisness? Well I don't own the buisness so its not for me to say what works and what doesn't work. Are other buisnesses out there doing better and making more people happy? Maybe. I have been into Powderlites a few times and I sure as heck won't go back. Standing in there while Dave trys to figure out the cash machine being ignored...no thanks. Macs is great, helped us out a few times, as is the Poo dealer up the road who has helped out our Poo riding buddies. I also ride in Nelson throughout the winter, Playmor...I know people who love dealing with them. I get the Calgarian treatment when I am out there, need some help? Sorry can't help you.

I guess I must be the lucky 1% of customers happy with H2O. Not because I can't say enough good about him, but I don't have anything bad to say either.

You are "lucky" to be treated nice by him. We shouldn't have to be "lucky" to get service from some one in the retail/service industry should we? Even after my experience with him telling me he wouldn't fix my sled I thought like you...maybe if I buy a sled there I could get service. Wouldn't that be handy since I have a house literaly a block from the H2O shop and I ride in Sicamous....asked for a 12 springcheck quote and he never gave it to me. BRP followed up twice on it but I still never got a quote so being local has nothing to do with it with this weirdo.

I went back to Mr R's and got my new sled. Ya I will have to take my sled home to Calgary with me and drive it down to Lethbridge if I have a failure, but it will get fixed ASAP. Not to bad for me since I live in Calgary and have family in Pincher Creek so a trip down that way doesn't bother me but I know people that live in Sicamous full time that have bought from Banner and Mr R's as well. That says something about the local dealer doesn't it.

Oh, and when my sled broke it was during the Christmas break and I could understand if they were backed up and couldn't do it right away but that isn't how it went down. When I told them my drive shaft was broken his wifes resonse was ...what do you want us to do about it? Fix it was what I asked and he said no, we won't. I asked you won't, can't, don't know how?? Down the street I went to Mac's Machine and they were swamped so they sent me over to JB Marine. Jim got the parts in that day and stayed home from a planned sledding trip the next day to fix it for me. Now see, that is service and I may add, Jim is one of the best mechanics you will find. Now he is the first stop for me unless it is warranty issue.

Milton/Jared, if you are out this way again and need something remember JB Marine, Jim is an old doo guy, made a living modding sleds before mountain sleds came from the factory and has been playing with etec outboard engines for a long time.

joysled

Reaction score
Imagine how successful Sicamous would be with a great Skidoo dealer promoting it.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man, i guess me and my group must have caught that fellow at h2o on a good day last year. had to tow a rev down and rebuild the mag side of the top end. that guy had almost all the stuff we needed, except a caged bearing and was actually pretty helpfull.

i missed the trip this year but the rest of the guys went and they had a xp that had some dpm issues. h2o got him in right away and fixed it right for him. something the other dealers around edmonton couldn't do for him. cost him $900 but he's just happy his sled actually runs consitant now.

i'm not defending the guy, seems like he's pissed alot of peeps off, but its not all bad...

$900.00 for a $125.00 part installed:confused: wow!

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it wasn't just the dpm itself, some lines were being pinched somewheres and he had to tear it apart to find that out. its been in for this problem before in local dealers and they didn't figure that out apparently. but as was stated before, most of us would gladly pay a few extra dollars- even double- just to be able to ride again that day or the next and not waste an entire trip.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE. I have a cabinet full of belts. My point was if I have to travel back to Revy I misewell stay in Revy. I do at least a dozen trips to Revy every year and we stay at days inn every time. We eat at Zalas every night and guess why. Service is top notch and the hospitality is next to none at day's. I think I'll stick to Revy and leave sicamous to the locals. I here h20 only sells belts and parts to his own customers. One day somebody is gonna shove an a arm up his ass and hopefully its brp.[/QUOTE]

It sucks that Dale treated you like $h!t. I know he doesn't treat people who are willing to spend money in his shop very good. I have bought 3 sleds from him and I have never had a problem with him. (knock on wood. lol) I'm not sticking up for him I'm just saying don't let one guy wreck it for you. Sicamous has some of the best riding around. There are other alternatives than H20 like Powderlites, Mac's Machine and JB Marine. Banner Rec in Vernon which is a Skidoo Dealer is less than 1 hr away. You say you won't ride in Sicamous because of the bad Skidoo dealer. Does Revelstoke have a Skidoo dealer?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone should offer to buy him out, seems there are a lot of great people on here who know how to run a buisness right? Jared? your dealerships sound to be doing well? Can you only be closed say on Tuesday/Wednesday though so the out of towners can all get parts and service on weekends? Yeah its a pain to not be able to get things when you want but thats life sometimes.

My shops are doing quite well but not well enough to take over in sicamous all though it would be a gold mine especially in the summer. But with my shops the emergency contact number is posted on the door and on our afterhours messaging system so know matter what you will get some one to come help you anytime of the night on any day! My truck accessory store is the same I have my personnal number as my contact on my cards and my phone rings to my cell number after hours so if you have a problem with anything I can try and help you out I wont leave you stranded! obviously this H20 guy is doing way to well if he doesnt have to sell to out of towners and can be open tuesday to friday and partially saturday! and my mechanic shop is open 9-4 on saturdays with 2 licensed techs and an apprentice on hand for any emergency summer is 8-5 on saturdays.

Top Bottom