H&S goes 884/1670

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H&S performance did a live dyno to test the limits of the 6.7 powerstoke and to put the rumours to rest of a weak motor and driveline. Well H&S put a a powerstroke together with BONE STOCK motor added tuning,intake,exhaust,dual fueler,and upgraded turbo. no rods or pistons no head studs no bigger injectors or trans mods and pushed it on the dyno to make 884 rwhp and 1670 rwtq. the truck stock makes 333 rwhp and a little over 700 tq. Pretty impressive numbers even i was shocked to see a stock motor and especially such a new one from ford make well over 700. They are continuing the test with bigger turbos maybe injectors and more nos but 884 stock internals and driving home.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H&S performance did a live dyno to test the limits of the 6.7 powerstoke and to put the rumours to rest of a weak motor and driveline. Well H&S put a a powerstroke together with BONE STOCK motor added tuning,intake,exhaust,dual fueler,and upgraded turbo. no rods or pistons no head studs no bigger injectors or trans mods and pushed it on the dyno to make 884 rwhp and 1670 rwtq. the truck stock makes 333 rwhp and a little over 700 tq. Pretty impressive numbers even i was shocked to see a stock motor and especially such a new one from ford make well over 700. They are continuing the test with bigger turbos maybe injectors and more nos but 884 stock internals and driving home.

Didn't the trans blow up though?

Sent from a iPhone

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope good to go they thought it went but its still going. round 2 will be in a couple weeks to see what will be first to go.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind they used a 300HP shot of Nitrous to make it happen, it was only a test to see what it could handle and it stood up pretty well IMO but not really useful HP in the real world, impressive though. That stock trans must be pretty well built it ran 3 or 4 runs at 700hp without slipping.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh I know it had Nos sprayed into it but thats cause they wanted to see what the breaking point is. with the numbers layed down it puts all the rumours to bed of how terrible these motors are. 884 under spray and a couple 700+ runs under spray should make the guys with these 6.7's excited considering the new turbo system coming out is far less than ford's factory turbo that keeps letting go. I know for me I wont do more than upgraded turbo and a dual fueler maybe small set of injectors but it makes me feel a lot better now knowing my rods,heads,and trans will hold up to the 6-680 hp I may throw at it for daily driving. If they didnt have the nos and did the one bigger turbo or twin it with injectors and that dual fueler i think the numbers would have still been in the 800+ mark especially if they had time to fine tune it. Yeah the trans is supposedly tougher than the 6.4 trans and it shows it. I'm loving the new ford glad they did the test to show people that this motor can make more than 600 hp without blowing or trans slipping.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything bad about the 6.7 myself, I drove a stock one with a 35' trailer and I was very impressed with how well it ran, pulled that trailer the speed limit up every hill and could hardly feel the thing shift. Very nice truck.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are great trucks! Make great power stock. I'm enjoying coming from a duramax into the powerstroke I think i picked a good time to switch over.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's very cool. Good to see the Ford holding up, especially at those power levels. Insane.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What can you tell me about the upgraded turbo? is it available now? how much and who do I call? just lost my 2 stock one. First one @ 17k, second @ 44.5k

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Industrial injection is almost done there turbo. I can get you there turbo they use for that truck its an 8374 from borg warner efr price on them is $2100. Im getting more info from industrial monday morning as I need one for my pstroke as well

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to sound like a asz but what are you guys doing to take out turbos I have a 2011 f350 6.7L with 53000km on it and have not had any issues, I've also had two other powerstrokes (7.3&6.0) and never did turbos on them.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to sound like a asz but what are you guys doing to take out turbos I have a 2011 f350 6.7L with 53000km on it and have not had any issues, I've also had two other powerstrokes (7.3&6.0) and never did turbos on them.

It seems to be hit and miss and the 6.7's I know a few ppl with well over 100k and no problems but than i also have a buddy with a bone stock one that lost a turbo at 55k so...

Best of luck with yours. I do use my truck for work and i pull a lot of heavy trailers so i am pretty sure the new one in my truck will not last long.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya hit and miss is right. Lots of guys not having any issues at all and trucks are running great. But then there are tons of guys having turbo issues. Not sure what exactly is happening but last time they checked it seemed like bearing were letting loose and taking stuff out. some have had issues with the turbo not getting enough oil. We have one in the shop that have the Valve stuck in the piston whole motor is destroyed and bone stock its a weird one glad ford is taking care of bill.

I think a new turbo is almost a must on the 6.7 kinda like the 6.uh oh'S with there head problems replace the turbo and the motor is super solid but it seems like the turbo may be the weak link on the 6.7.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya hit and miss is right. Lots of guys not having any issues at all and trucks are running great. But then there are tons of guys having turbo issues. Not sure what exactly is happening but last time they checked it seemed like bearing were letting loose and taking stuff out. some have had issues with the turbo not getting enough oil. We have one in the shop that have the Valve stuck in the piston whole motor is destroyed and bone stock its a weird one glad ford is taking care of bill.

I think a new turbo is almost a must on the 6.7 kinda like the 6.uh oh'S with there head problems replace the turbo and the motor is super solid but it seems like the turbo may be the weak link on the 6.7.

Is there a vid of this epic dyno pull????? WOuld love to watch!!!!!!!!

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Since your in the same ballpark tq of a C15 can we have a pulloff :)

van isle

Reaction score
The most impresive part is the size of tires they are running on the dyno. I`m sure the numbers would have even bigger running the stock size tires.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Glory pulls on the dyno, wicked!"

- No one, ever.

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice to see the big numbers dyno or not it puts the rumours of guys saying anymore than 550 and the rods go through the block. New single turbo soon to bea realised from Spe diesel and Industrial injection and they are gonna be awesome!

Top Bottom