Boost-it Turbo kit...What sets it apart from the rest?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Ok we know our Pro RMK turbo kit rips, and here is what sets it apart from the out of country competition.
-We don't touch the factory ECU. We leave it alone so it can do what Polaris intended it to do. With thousands of hours of tuning and calibration, they should know what they are doing.
-Tmap Interceptor. We have a device which intercepts the signal from the stock Map Sensor and tells the stock ecu when boost comes on. Why is this good? When boost hits the intake, the demand for a fast shot of fuel is critical and the best place to get it is from the stock injectors. When the stock ecu reads boost, them Bam! Huge shot of fuel to the stock injectors to prevent Det or limp mode.
-Extra injectors. Many US built kits are going to oversized injectors in the sled rather than extra injectors to provide the extra fuel the sled needs for boost. Why are extra injectors so much better?
They cool and clean the reeds, we have seen non intercooled sleds in our shop with reeds that look like they have been cooked.
Extra injectors cool and clean the crank case as well as help lubricate the bottom end bearings.
Our extra injectors are precisely controlled to come on when we tell them to come on, and can easily be adjusted to come on earlier or later if we decide. Fuelling is also set in 250 RPM increments as well as by boost pressure.
Extra injectors will net the sled better fuel economy when the sled is not on boost because it is running on the stock map.
Fuel from extra injectors helps to cool the charge air which is critical in any motor.
-Water to air intercooler. Nothing cools the charge air like a water to air intercooler, and I mean nothing. Non intercooled kits are ok for riders on a budget and riders that do not need to hold the throttle wide open for more than a few seconds, and we offer such a kit as well.
other companies will fool you with Dyno numbers from a non intercooled kit, but what they don't show you, is that after a few seconds, the power actually falls off when charge temps skyrocket.
You don't see turbo race vehicles, farm equipment, highway tractors, turbo diesels, Ford Ecoboost trucks, etc. without an intercooler. It's because they are all meant to work hard under load, and the only way they can make power is to use an intercooler to cool the charge air. Also an air to air intercooler only works marginally better than an non intercooled kit because there is no airflow through the core, and a small fan does nothing when they are under boost. The fan only works to cool the core once the sled is off of boost.
our water to air heat exchanger is snow cooled for the ultimate performance.
-Authentic Garrett Turbochargers. We offer the 2860 and the GTX billet wheel turbos in 2860,2863, and 2867. If for whatever reason a customer smokes a turbo, then we have replacements in stock and can ship the same or next day. No waiting for parts to come from the US.
-Extras. We have footwell vents for PTO side to stop snow injestion in the belt. Motor torque stop for mag side, headlight delete and cold air intake.
-Clutching. We ride where you ride and test relentlessly to get the best possible clutch combination for performance and belt life. Clutching is included in every kit and set up for track size and length. We also offer Team Tied clutch packages and have the kits in stock.
-Electronic Boost control. We now have an electronic boost control system that increases boost as the sled goes up in elevation. This way power and clutching is maintained at all elevations and air pressures weather it is a good or bad air day. No rider input required.
-XIC fuel controller. The Engineer that designed and builds our XIC has been building turbocharged fuel injection systems since 1980. He builds full standalone systems for automobiles and turbocharged aircraft. These XICs are built in Calgary. Even though I have begged for a standalone system, he talks me out of it every time and tells me that we have the best product out there for a snowmobile. It is easily adjustable, has unreal features, and does not need a laptop to adjust.
We adjust fuelling in 250 RPM increments, as well as by boost pressure and now that every XIC has a barometric pressure sensor in the XIC, the fuelling is compensated by elevation and /or air pressure. The XIC now has an elevation screen right on the fuel controller.
-Customer Service. These kits are built right in our shop here in central Alberta. We only buy US parts when absolutely necessary in order to keep the money in our Country. Remember, when you spend your money out of our country, it does not come back. The US suppliers do not support the BC clubs or the CAC.
If parts are needed for these kits we have them in stock and can ship same or next day.
Do not buy in to all of the Hype about who's kit is the best. I personally have ridden with every kit out there and our kit consistently runs cleaner, and makes more power on less boost than the competition.
Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 1,570
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 1,503
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 1,508

NM

Reaction score
Few more pics of parts we are stocking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 1,497
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 1,495
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 1,474
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 1,471

NM

Reaction score
Few more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 1,465
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 1,473
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 1,455
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 1,454

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said Sir.
If and when I go turbo it will be a TSS for Doo and yours for Polaris.
Keep up all the good work. It's fellas like you guys that are making the turbo industry what it is.
Cheers

go green

Reaction score
NM you are partially correct when you say " Even though I have begged for a standalone system, he talks me out of it every time and tells me that we have the best product out there for a snowmobile." The boosted snowmobile does not need a stand alone ECM to compliment the modern age sled with excellent fuel management .The boosted snowmobile needs a fuel enrichment system that can make decisions with data from a manifold air pressure sensor in conjunction with a wideband O2 sensor to targeted a desired air fuel ratio .As of late the boost-it box this is the best pre programed guess box so far.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

NM

Reaction score
NM you are partially correct when you say " Even though I have begged for a standalone system, he talks me out of it every time and tells me that we have the best product out there for a snowmobile." The boosted snowmobile does not need a stand alone ECM to compliment the modern age sled with excellent fuel management .The boosted snowmobile needs a fuel enrichment system that can make decisions with data from a manifold air pressure sensor in conjunction with a wideband O2 sensor to targeted a desired air fuel ratio .As of late the boost-it box this is the best pre programed guess box so far.
you bring up a great point and probably the most sought after fuelling solution for a turbo sled.
Closed loop fuelling even on modern cars shuts off at 90% throttle position and goes to a preset map at wide open throttle. They do this as a safety and basically over fuel the engine at wide open to protect it. A fourstroke engine can easily blow the excess fuel through the tailpipe at WOT. We have all smelled it when behind a vehicle on the hwy and it is pinned. If they used a preset 02 value then it may be too lean when the engine is under load, like towing for example. The other issue is a false or wrong feedback reading from an 02 sensor and leaning the engine at the worst time (wide open under load).
The issue with a snowmobile is that they operate in massive condition swings and load changes on the engine. Some of the other issues is a failing 02 sensor and reaction time from a high revving 2 stroke engine.
At this point a preset map that adjusts based on air pressure is pretty darn good. We know the stock fuel map will do the same thing every time, so all we really do is provide fuel for the boost pressure.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I can say ever since I installed a boost it system on my Nytro it's woke it right up. I have removed my original intercooler and run a water to air, and have just converted to the electronic boost controller. TJ has look after all my requirements and is currently reprogramming my XIC box to work with the new controls. There great people here at Boost It and they really look after there customers and they ride a lot to put the miles on so they have no issues. There system just gets better every season.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can say ever since I installed a boost it system on my Nytro it's woke it right up. I have removed my original intercooler and run a water to air, and have just converted to the electronic boost controller. TJ has look after all my requirements and is currently reprogramming my XIC box to work with the new controls. There great people here at Boost It and they really look after there customers and they ride a lot to put the miles on so they have no issues. There system just gets better every season.

I must agree with Ron here, as well I would like to add that every message I have posted here on boost it or every phone message i have left has been answered and without ego....

If I could change one thing about the product it would be to have a website that has the stock setting readilly available for use ( fuel pressure etc). I have done lots of on snow tuning which does not take alot of time with this kit, real simple push button. It would be nice to have a place where we could put our findings when in differnt snow conditions, weather etc as to which rpm needed fuel and amounts along with which kit each of us is using.

Every sled I own will have a boost it controler.

I am wondering when Boost it will be available for a can am commander?

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very well written and excellent information. I do have one question though that has always baffled me. On a boosted two stroke how does the extra fuel added whether its extra injectors or bigger ones not wash the oil required for the crank off? You add more fuel by sometimes up to double of stock requirements or more depending on boost level but the amount of oil injected remains the same. Sounds like your kits are the ones to go with for sure though!

NM

Reaction score
Very well written and excellent information. I do have one question though that has always baffled me. On a boosted two stroke how does the extra fuel added whether its extra injectors or bigger ones not wash the oil required for the crank off? You add more fuel by sometimes up to double of stock requirements or more depending on boost level but the amount of oil injected remains the same. Sounds like your kits are the ones to go with for sure though!
Great question.
Modern 2 strokes have oilers to each high demand oiling location. I can't remember off hand how many separate oil hoses come off the pump on the Polaris, but it is 4 or 5. We also ask our customers to add a couple ounces of oil to each tank of fuel so the extra oil passes through the crankcase, reeds, and throttle bodies.
As you know, the engines make much more power, but don't turn anymore RPMs then a stock sled so the crank and bearings are not at risk with proper oiling. The death of any turbo engine is detonation which usually leads to a worse outcome and that is preignition.

NM

Reaction score
Picture of low boost kit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 781

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to hook up with you guys some time out in the Mountains. I'm having a hard time retiring my Nytro because I haven't rode a two stroke turbo that doesn't burble on the bottom end and performs as consistent as my Nytro. But I was PM'ed by a few guys who have nothing but praise for your kits. If I could ride a turboed two stroke in the trees that doesn't get me into trouble I might just build one instead of a new Viper. The info you provide your customers with seems way better than most of the other builders out there. Thanks for the info

NM

Reaction score
I would like to hook up with you guys some time out in the Mountains. I'm having a hard time retiring my Nytro because I haven't rode a two stroke turbo that doesn't burble on the bottom end and performs as consistent as my Nytro. But I was PM'ed by a few guys who have nothing but praise for your kits. If I could ride a turboed two stroke in the trees that doesn't get me into trouble I might just build one instead of a new Viper. The info you provide your customers with seems way better than most of the other builders out there. Thanks for the info
We always welcome anyone that wants to ride with us. Our sleds get ridden by multiple people all winter long.
Here is a great vid of how our HO kit behaves in on/off throttle situation. This was a long steep pull too.
BBG, Tisdale and JP climbing out of creek - YouTube

NM

Reaction score
Here is another vid of me coming up the gash in Monster Bowl on Boulder mountain. The sled can be heard spinning on some ice to the entrance of the chute where the sun hits it all day. The shaded part of the chute had about 18 inches of fresh.
I never lift off the throttle once when I get in to the chute and the sled never lays down or misses a beat. This climb is at only 7 lbs boost.
NM Boost-it Pro up the Gash in Monster bowl - YouTube

NM

Reaction score
Here is a pic of our High Output kit. Most people are amazed how much content is in a kit like this. We even replace the fuel lines and fuel pressure regulator with high quality parts. We use a lot of high quality brand name parts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 751

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have you seen the pictures of the Viper that Neil builds?!?!? That is one sweet looking sled! Based on looks it would be hard not to build one! Maybe one day Neil will build a low boost kit for a XM "hint"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

NM

Reaction score
Do you have a muffler option?
We do have a small stainless muffler option, but it is not a lot quieter. I'm sure if someone really needed a better muffler then we could come up with something.

NM

Reaction score
Have you seen the pictures of the Viper that Neil builds?!?!? That is one sweet looking sled! Based on looks it would be hard not to build one! Maybe one day Neil will build a low boost kit for a XM "hint"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
You mean this one?
These new Vipers are going to surprise some people. We have a sweet turbo kit for these sleds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 764
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 742
Top Bottom