Boost-it Turbo kit...What sets it apart from the rest?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
We also would like people to know that we only build a limited quantity of turbo kits every season. This gives us the ability to offer better customer service to each customer, and you are dealing directly with the manufacturer.
We built only 35 Pro kits for this season and have 19 left.
The Yamaha Viper kits are now going in to full production and will be very sweet. We are more than confident that we will easily make the most HP per pound of boost on the Vipers when compared to other kits.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 787
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 784
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 786
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 797

dmax

Reaction score
Neil can E-Start be used with your kit or will it need to be removed?

Thx

NM

Reaction score
Neil can E-Start be used with your kit or will it need to be removed?

Thx
It can be used but we use a smaller battery and a new smaller battery tray. The good news is that you lose about 8 lbs, but the bad news is you lose some cranking power.
I just ask everyone to pull start the sled for the first start of the day and use the electric start only when needed after that. If a person really needed more cranking power, then a slightly bigger battery could be fitted.

NM

Reaction score
I want to talk about how important a Blow off Valve is.
The blow off valve is required to dump boost pressure in the charge system when the throttle is dumped or quickly reduced. This is important because it prevents compressor surge, or stall when the throttle plates are quickly closed and the charge system is under full boost. This is the pshhhhh sound you can hear on a turbo sled when the throttle is dumped.
Compressor surge or stall is not good because it slows or stops the compressor wheel when the throttle is dumped, and when the throttle is hit again, the compressor now has to get back to full speed in order to produce boost pressure. This is referred to as "lag".
With a properly operating high quality BOV, the compressor surge is reduced, and the turbo can be spooled quickly after deceleration. The faster the BOV can dump the boost pressure in the charge system, the better the throttle response will be.
Boost-It uses only high quality Turbosmart Kompact series Blow off valves.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 637

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there any videos of the non-intercooled kits? I have found lots of the intercooled but not any non-intercooled videos. I'm curious to see how well they run.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there any videos of the non-intercooled kits? I have found lots of the intercooled but not any non-intercooled videos. I'm curious to see how well they run.

Why even bother? Intercoolers are an integral part of a consistent running turbo. Charge air temps are all over the place with out an intercooler, very hard to build maps for that.

NM

Reaction score
They run really well, but sirkdev is correct in the fact that they will never run like the intercooled kits. We know everyone has a budget and that is why we build both. The nice thing is that our kits are easily upgraded to water to air.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I just took my boosted pro out tonight for the first rip on the complete new build. I must say I'm EXTREMELY happy with the Boost-It HO turbo kit. The only think that I was concerned about was the turbo was boosting well over ten pounds closer to 15 in the first mile of riding. ( good thing I filled up with av gas) it did det on me but now I know the sensor works. After a couple miles the xic adjusted it self and was running a steady 7 pounds right where Neil said it would run. I only have maybe 5 miles on the kit at 2000ft but this T pro sounds and feels like it's running as good as it's going too. The Boost-It turbo is a true pull the rope and ride kit. I know his kits are close too or already all sold for the season but if you think you need boost wait till next season and go with Boost-It it will be worth the wait. I personally don't think there is any other kit on the market that does not need any tuning out of the box

And for the guys who are thinking oh this must be his buddy typing this sh*t. I truly don't know anyone from Boost it. Just sent them a email one day and they replied.

One more happy customer.👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

yruzy7y8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was it trying to hold on to the bars at 15psi @ 2000ASL? Death grip city?

NM

Reaction score
Well I just took my boosted pro out tonight for the first rip on the complete new build. I must say I'm EXTREMELY happy with the Boost-It HO turbo kit. The only think that I was concerned about was the turbo was boosting well over ten pounds closer to 15 in the first mile of riding. ( good thing I filled up with av gas) it did det on me but now I know the sensor works. After a couple miles the xic adjusted it self and was running a steady 7 pounds right where Neil said it would run. I only have maybe 5 miles on the kit at 2000ft but this T pro sounds and feels like it's running as good as it's going too. The Boost-It turbo is a true pull the rope and ride kit. I know his kits are close too or already all sold for the season but if you think you need boost wait till next season and go with Boost-It it will be worth the wait. I personally don't think there is any other kit on the market that does not need any tuning out of the box

And for the guys who are thinking oh this must be his buddy typing this sh*t. I truly don't know anyone from Boost it. Just sent them a email one day and they replied.

One more happy customer.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/13/yruzy7y8.jpg

That must have been some serious over revving and track spinning! Haha. Sorry about that...I'm guessing the wastegate might have been sticky for some reason.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That must have been some serious over revving and track spinning! Haha. Sorry about that...I'm guessing the wastegate might have been sticky for some reason.

No problem now I know that the max rpm is around 8800. I also think I might be to old for a side dump exhaust lol.
u3evajyg.jpg

Peppa

Reaction score
Hi guys. Do anyone of you have the sheet for how to wire the tmap interceptor in with the stock tmap?

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
The boost-it turbos are the real deal. The low boost kit in our experience will destroy other kits running way more boost! The quality of parts and fit and finish is top notch. Spot on and doesn't bog. Did I mention they rip? Very impressed as are our customers we build them for. Thanks for the great service and best 2-stroke turbo kits period Neil! Keep it up. -Cody

Top Bottom