h and s is outta business

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup epa gotta there grubby little mitts in there. there still in business just no dpf delete tuning or egr deletes for the united states. lots of companies still burn custom tunes and i know a few dealers that will continue to burn the tunes as long as they can. so if you want dpf deletes get them now! I carry the smarty jr me w/ mbrp dpf delete pipe and i sell the kit for $661.50 after tax for the cummins and about $850 for chev and ford. no price hikes from me.

Last edited:

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H&S mini maxx is still available on some of the eBay Stores...Get me while you can

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had some time before work today so I did the trans tune plus updates. Went with the hot tune without att. Try that for a bit. Att was too aggressive of a turbo spike

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats this att? tranny tune? I have the overdrive tune and think its great while towing but prefer loosing it while not

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Att is the aggressive turbo tune. It starts the boost like right fawking now and hard. Takes nothing to reach 35 pounds boost.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as locked ecm's, we can give thanks to the guys that put their programmers on "trans nuke mode" on a bone stock trans pulling a 10 000lb trailer up a hill racing a vette and then trying to claim warranty when it expires all over highway 2.

ohh i know a couple guys who fit this criteria.... best post ever if you own a rig rocket and can relate:alol2:

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking they should set up shop in Canada....

Good idea but still epa protected in canada so it would eventually get shut down . We are already seeing comercial pick ups that require cvip's failing them with dof delete kits. And dot is pulling them off the road as they no longer meet federal emission laws had 4 that were towed in with outof commision orders from dot and 2500 fine to each plus to comply we had to put the dpf system back in truck and they had to come re inspect after we had them back together

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as locked ecm's, we can give thanks to the guys that put their programmers on "trans nuke mode" on a bone stock trans pulling a 10 000lb trailer up a hill racing a vette and then trying to claim warranty when it expires all over highway 2.

hahaha thats hilarious and true. seen 3 of my buddies tranny's and clutches croak within 10k miles. they thought they had the hot rod model i guess, cause they kept telling me it'll handle it, the factory built their model stronger...........

I helped the first guy, the other 2 I supervised in a chair with drink in hand.

butters

Reaction score
What's the me (middle east version) that smarty products has come out with? I heard its a way around the EPA. Supposedly shipped from there? Correct me if I'm totally out to lunch

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the me (middle east version) that smarty products has come out with? I heard its a way around the EPA. Supposedly shipped from there? Correct me if I'm totally out to lunch

Sorry to bust the bubble on that one to, just talk to Zig in italy where smarty is from and it will only work with ME file and would have needed to be downloaded about 3 weeks ago to work, They told me that 3 wees ago dodge/dealers had a new file writen for the ecu and now will now except the ME file, ask me how I know, lol I can tell you what the programmer needs to say when you first plug it in, and I do not know if you get your hands on a minimax if it will wor with the new dodge ecm.......

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bust the bubble on that one to, just talk to Zig in italy where smarty is from and it will only work with ME file and would have needed to be downloaded about 3 weeks ago to work, They told me that 3 wees ago dodge/dealers had a new file writen for the ecu and now will now except the ME file, ask me how I know, lol I can tell you what the programmer needs to say when you first plug it in, and I do not know if you get your hands on a minimax if it will wor with the new dodge ecm.......

This is why I just walked into dodge and tried to order a 2013... they say I have to wait until next week as they don't have pricing yet... but since I can't delete (i hear dodge will have a reset everytime it goes in) so may as well run Urea!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the main companies like H&S and SMARTY cant write custom emmission delete tunes but you can still find other dealers that have no problem writing you custom tunes. they said programmers are easy to get and tunes are easy to write the stuff that is becoming hard to find down south is the egr deletes. Thats weird with the ME file and not working they must be changing it as i had one burnt with ME software just last week.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the main companies like H&S and SMARTY cant write custom emmission delete tunes but you can still find other dealers that have no problem writing you custom tunes. they said programmers are easy to get and tunes are easy to write the stuff that is becoming hard to find down south is the egr deletes. Thats weird with the ME file and not working they must be changing it as i had one burnt with ME software just last week.

Yes and no. The only way to write a file with dpf/egr delete in it now is if you keep an old firmware of EFI live or HPtuners. They 2 had to delete and release new firmware not allowing dpf/egr delete tables/options.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the companies i'm talking to are not to worried about the tuning side but the egr deletes. They have ordered up egr deletes from me to start getting measurements to build there own kits. Even with my EFI suppliers/tuners they told me not to panic they are still doing tunes and continuing to do so as i just ordered up 4 auto cal pre tuned systems yesterday. The major companies will not do dpf/egr delete tuning but many other companies that use there products will still write custom tuning.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why don't you guys download MCC from H&S. Write your own tunes or if you are worried about updates or new files not coming out for a bit, there are lots of custom tuners that are writing files for MCC now. (just for Ford and Dodge)

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the companies i'm talking to are not to worried about the tuning side but the egr deletes. They have ordered up egr deletes from me to start getting measurements to build there own kits. Even with my EFI suppliers/tuners they told me not to panic they are still doing tunes and continuing to do so as i just ordered up 4 auto cal pre tuned systems yesterday. The major companies will not do dpf/egr delete tuning but many other companies that use there products will still write custom tuning.

Yes no problems with the tunes, it is with the ME files for the deletes, I have a smarty with a me file and truck did not see it, so did update and truck sucked it in, and guess what no me files, so the only way it will work is like Isone said must have the old files from prior 3 weeks ago, anything within this time frame are the new files and are no good for the deletes. So to the next question, does anybody have the old file and also was told that the ME file for the JR and SR can not be mixed to one another, so the one I am looking for is the JR and was told by THE guy himself that it is file SJ12V650D_DRM01D and only this file for the egr and dpf deletes, Let me know I can pay you some $$$. THANKS

Top Bottom