h and s is outta business

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
This is going to get tougher North of the 49th parallel too, just will take time. Canada's laws emulate US EPA law and enforcement is coming. I have done a huge number of DPF/EGR deletes on the LMM Duramax, but I chose not to with the 2011's because the writing was on the wall. Not to say that it doesn't drive me crazy seeing all the emissions system failures, particularly on the 2011's, that leave guys stranded in limp mode or without a truck for weeks while engineers scramble to figure out what they screwed up!

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are these new street tuners?

Sent from a iPhone

They are basically the same as the old ones but strictlly "dpf friendly" tunes. Apparantly they do have some "high sulfur" tunes that you can remove the dpf but you need to fill out a bunch of paperwork and basically get permission from the epa. If that goes through then h&s will sell you an unlock code and your vin gets registered with the epa. Some say when that happens it sets off a red flag at the registry claiming your truck to be offroad only. Can't say for sure about that but the street tuners are just dpf tuners.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess if I sell my truck the tuner gets sold for what? Maybe $2000? I can see them going up in price.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats awesome soon we'll be registering our diesels with out long guns... old uncle sam is getting too big!

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are basically the same as the old ones but strictlly "dpf friendly" tunes. Apparantly they do have some "high sulfur" tunes that you can remove the dpf but you need to fill out a bunch of paperwork and basically get permission from the epa. If that goes through then h&s will sell you an unlock code and your vin gets registered with the epa. Some say when that happens it sets off a red flag at the registry claiming your truck to be offroad only. Can't say for sure about that but the street tuners are just dpf tuners.
but does that mean anything in Alberta where we don't have mandated emmisions testing? Or do we have to go through the loops as well?

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but does that mean anything in Alberta where we don't have mandated emmisions testing? Or do we have to go through the loops as well?

Well H&S is an american company so they have to follow the american law. Right now the american law says no dpf delete or "high sulfur" tunes unless your truck is registered within the epa.

Top Bottom