h and s is outta business

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
surprised no one started a thread yet....H and S released a press release that the EPA basically is shutting them down. Smarty also no longer offers DPF deletes.
Better buy them while we can or wait a couple years for EFI

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not outa business just stopping tuner sales here's the press release

H&S Press Release - Tuners Sales Suspended...
Press Release - H&S Performance

November 13, 2012
Due to our dialogue with governmental agencies within the United States, H&S Performance, LLC has decided to voluntarily suspend production of all tuning devices and EGR/DPF modification kits, effective immediately. Many H&S products and accessories not affected by this situation are still available, and will continue to be available through our dealer network and our website.
We are now working diligently to remedy this situation, and look to again offer tuning products to our customers at the earliest date possible. Rest assured that we are doing everything within our power to move forward and resume product sales, and thank each of our loyal customers for their patience and support during this time.
We at H&S are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality, most innovative products available. H&S products are unrivaled in quality, ingenuity, and technology, and are backed up by the best customer service in the industry. All future H&S products offered will be built upon these same principals, and will be manufactured to satisfy the needs of our auto enthusiast customers. Information concerning the continuation of production of our products will be made available to the public as soon as possible.
Although shipping has been suspended, H&S is committed to providing our existing customers with the highest level of service possible, and will continue to do so without interruption. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time should you require assistance with any H&S product, we are here to help.
Thank you for your continued support of H&S Performance, LLC, the World Leader in Diesel Performance.
Sincerely,
H&S Performance, LLC
4160 S. River Road
St. George, UT 84790

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also I thought smarty was not effected as they are out of Italy or somewhere over there?

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another problem they are facing is that the new ECMs are locked now and need a code to enter them, while they could be hacked but what company wants to take that risk of a manufacturer coming after them, so until the manufacturer releases the code they are going no were aswell.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as locked ecm's, we can give thanks to the guys that put their programmers on "trans nuke mode" on a bone stock trans pulling a 10 000lb trailer up a hill racing a vette and then trying to claim warranty when it expires all over highway 2.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have several units and components back ordered from h&s through my suppliying warehouse......... Arghgh :(

Hey rick let me know if you want some I might be able to get a few, I will call my supplier today.........

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No h and s at all, sold out and they said they still have the scotty tuner that will work with the deletes, but the thing is it wont have the file to make it work, so if there is anybody out there with the ME file don't delete it and let me know if I can get a copy, thx So for anyone that wants to do egr and other deletes don't if you have no tuner......

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told today Rick that H&S and scotty are the only 2 that work with the egr delete and dpf delete, hmmmmm so what other ones you find that works.......THX There are some dealers in town that has them still but, holly molly $$$$ gone up............for them.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a shame that they're being shut down for the moment but it was only a matter of time. They can label the products "race use only" all they want but the EPA and H&S knows damn well guys are using them on street. With that said I'm glad I got my minimaxx and deletes when I did, my truck runs tenfold better than it did stock.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you still do the current updates or are they gone too. Guess I should go check the website.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Talked to the warehouse today...... Said h&s still operational, and supportive with upgrades/updates, etc. But they're working on legality terminology to be able to distribute again........ Supposedly near future.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I had better to my updates while I can. Thinking it might be time to do the trans tune too.

Top Bottom