Guys willing to give a helping hand

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one makes me laugh every time i think about it..we were sledding out on a pipeline near Fox Creek last winter and we had run all day and it was dark and we were all low on fuel and on the way back to the trucks. in the distance at the bottom of a big hill we could see lights and obviously some one was stuck. When we got there an older two up polaris was BURIED up to the seat in a huge drift at the bottom of a big steep hill and the two guys that were trying to get it out had been there for 45 mins trying to get it out with no success and were absolutley dead tired from digging and puolling. There was 5 of us so 7 guys grabbed onto this thing and all pulled at once and it did not move an inch. we did it again and again and it felt like the sled was cemented to the ground or weighd about 1000 lbs. by now we had shovels out and flopped the thing on its side and pushed snow under the track and again it only moved a couple of feet................... by now we were all BAGGED and i jumped on the sled and asked the guy if this thing had reverse and he said yes and asked him to put it into reverse and he did........... i drove it out under its own power.....he had it in reverse the whole time we were trying to pull it out............... he felt reall bad but we could tell he was a first timer and did not raz him too much but he sure was happy we came along............... those back up beepers are a good idea for sure LOL

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have helped a few quaders stuck on Pigeon lake every Feb on the Family Day long weekend. One guy had his quad burried in the snow and slush from some springs on the south side. He was there with his around 4 year old daughter. It took us about an hour to get him going. I told him once he gets going not to stop until he is back on shore. I threw his little daughter on the sled with me and delivered her to him on the shore. He was pretty happy and wanted to treat us to a few beverages back at his cabin. We never did make it though.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many years ago, my brother and myself were riding at Calazon out near Chetwynd. We came across a poor guy who was waving from the bottom of a chute. I got off my sled and started hiking down in waist deep snow towards him. My brother thought I was nuts. By the time I got down there, my brother had found another trail and rode down from the side. This fellow had come off the trail and rode down the steep chute and ended up under a fallen tree. He bust up the front end of the sled pretty bad. We managed to pull it out but it would not start. He had broken off the spark plugs and the DPM rail on the Summit. We had plugs with us and managed to block off the DPM. Finally got it started and my bother followed him down and got him back onto the trail. He went out to find his buddies who had left him for dead. Me, I had to climb back up in the deep snow to get to my sled. I needed a nap after that, LOL.

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 4 years ago. I was at a friends house and I hadn't really ridden a big sled in awhile ( used to the ol 340) and it was his heavy v-max and i did not get the concept of leaning into turn so i went in the ditch and it sucked me right in, o boy she was sure stuck. A guy in a truck drove by looked over and stopped he said he was on his way home from work and he had like 100 feet of straps so he tied them all together and tied them to his truck and pulled me out lickity split. boy did we appreciate it! thanks man

McLuvin

Reaction score
These are all great stories. When I help someone out and they offer cash I tell them to pass the favour forward and help the next person out. Karma is a biotch so do the right thing!

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sometimes helpin out is the best adventure of the day! tree mongrol and i rode back to the house one time after buddy blew up a cylinder and the other guys gave him a lift back to town, he came over a little hill in the ditch and just about landed on a deer!! funniest chit ever!!! its also kinda kewl to ride right to the door! i dont mind helpin out one bit,as long as your not the guy in front of me on the trail stuck 300 times because you cant wait for the alpine powder so you venture off the trail...just for a sec!!! everyone does but sometimes it gets old!!!lol

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this on my windshield one day...

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 184

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this on my windshield one day...

nahhh... just kidding, but thought it was really funny!

Few years ago at Lucille (first time for me to the mountains, first time for the wife on a sled), I busted my chain on my ZR800. A few guys at the cabin lent me some tow straps so the wife could tow me down the hill. About 2 hours later, and nearly a divorce, we finally ended up at the parking lot, looking at my dead sled and my sled deck. Seeing how she wasnt talking to me anymore, there was no way I figured I should ask her for help to get it up on the deck. Right at that time, the same guys from the cabin got down, and heaved the sled up on the deck for me. Muchly appreciated!

tekim :d

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 stories in one, that I will try to make short

It was this year in Revy
as some of you may know, my 06 Summit went up in flames
right side, so i had no brakes
I was kinda shook up about this whole situation and was a little freaked out about driving out w no brakes
my bro in law stepped up and drove it out for me

didnt once call me a pu $ $ y or make fun of me
he could see i was upset about the whole thing, jumped on it and said follow me to the cabin
i drove it out from there

THEN.......that night
we get back to the hotel, get all cleaned up and walk over to buddies room for a quick rum before supper
i walk in and my buddy hands me $200
I asked what this was for???

"we all pitched in $20 so you can rent a sled tomorrow....no one travels 12+ hours to sit in the hotel all day"
I was in shock......
I didnt want to pay the $350 for a rental, but this got me that much closer

and i dont see 3/4 of these guys until this annual trip, so needless to say they are not dudes i call or talk to regularily - but have known for 3 years

anyways, this turned out to be longer than i hoped!! hahah!

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a good story and a not so good story. Me and a few friends were in Sicimous for X-mas riding and one of my friends was on his New m1000. We were heading up the trail, I was leading. I always look back when I`m in front and notice I was alone. I stopped and wait for a few minutes. I decided to double back and found my friends. The M1000 was over the side of the trail. It was in a spot that was to steep for the four of us to pull it up and it was caught in a few trees too. Four others were heading up the same trail and seen us needing help. With the eight of us we were able to lift the sled up the embankment. They said they were on here and would post the pictures because we forgot our Camera. I don`t thnk they ever did.
The second story, we were in Revy for the first ride of the year. A real bad storm blew in and we were all crawling out. I had a GPS and were able to find our way back to the main trail. We were only a few hundred feet from the main trail but were totally lost when the storm blew in. On our way out we ran into others that were lost and their first time there. We slowly made our way down the trail(not at the cabin yet), and ran into more guys lost. No one had GPS`s. No one knew where they were. After about an hour or more we made it to the trucks. All the guys were grateful and all wanted to buy me supper and drinks. But no one asked where we were staying or where we could meet them later. There was about 13 guys that followed us down. Don`t get me wrong I didn`t do it for free stuff, but it went from "we`ll treat you good" on top of the hill to "who the heck are you" at the bottom.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha tekim!! i had someone leave me a photocopied note on my megacab cuz there was only one stall left and i stuffed my land yacht in it!! (so what it said compact car, right?!?!!) i ran into the jar store to grab a friday doz thats all and came out to a note about maggets eating me, a 1000 camels doin something and about fleas or something too!!! i wish i kept it !! i almost pissed myself reading it!!

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the guy who gave us there tow strap coming out of clemina friday night...we wer heddin down at about km 10 the yamaha that was with us started to spin the secondary on the shaft so I started to tow him out with the turbo tow strap and it broke at about km 2:mad: but I was stoped for probly 15 seconds and a guy pulls up on a cat and gave us his thanks alot!!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year coming down from Quest showing my wife how to ride off the trail with her new summitt. I got stuck in a place I shouldn't have ever tried to go, and waved her off and yelled do not try to come up here. She proceded to come up to help me and got buried halfway there. As I franticaly dug to get out before any one came and saw how stupid I was to be there 3 guy's pulled up dug my wife out and rode her sled on to the trail for her:Happy6:. It was getting dark and she was getting scared. One of the guy's then walked up to me and helped me out and explained why I shouldn't try to go there:surrender:.
Thanks to those guy's, we would have been there a long time and my wife likely would have been turned off of sledding, (last year was her first season) but ended up having a lot of fun and rode 1400 km's last year.

backseatrider

Reaction score
This is a great thread! Last year xmas was my first time riding and I was really nervous. New boyfriend, a bunch of people I did not know, and I had a trail sled but my first trip out they take me to the mountains! One day we rode Owls Head and a friend arrived the night before from home and he brought an extra sled for me to try. A mountain max yamaha, that had a slippery seat and flimsy gas. Everytime I went over a log, I flipped around on the seat and hit the gas, kinda like on a bucking horse but without the control. Needless to say, I was very quickly in the ditch and not having fun! Sledderglen came along, got me out, and traded sleds with me for the day. #1. I don't think Owl's Head is any place to take a new rider, the road into the cabin was narrow with really sharp turns. #2. The next day we rode Crowfoot and I was back on the "trail princess" but had a blast. Thanks for trading sleds because that one act is probably why I am still willing to go sledding today

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a little wreck at Quartz yesterday and got pretty stuck in the trees. 2 guys saw me across the way and came over to give me a hand. Out and riding in 5 minutes. I didn't catch they're names or get a chance to say thanks, so if they are members here.....Thanks.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a little wreck at Quartz yesterday and got pretty stuck in the trees. 2 guys saw me across the way and came over to give me a hand. Out and riding in 5 minutes. I didn't catch they're names or get a chance to say thanks, so if they are members here.....Thanks.

and they say sledders are not a friendly bunch!!!!! we all help each other its an unwritten code.....

T

Top Bottom