Gun Registry

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about the Police or RCMP have the right to enter your premises (your home or business) without a warrant if you have a registered firearm...in the name of safety...

So one night someone kicks your door down, you get scared grab your gun and shoot them, and it turns out to be a cop, you get charged with murder.

Someone kicks my door in, I grab my gun (that is unregistered) and blow the same cop away, and I am not charged as I am acting in self defense.

I never read anything past this...it was enough for me to oppose...

Has it stopped crime in any way? Stats say no...What is there to really discuss?

Key Ponit....has it stopped or made a difference in crime and at what cost.....its in the Billions and that money could be used for creating jobs, or feeding people that can't afford it...or better yet....building proper senior citizen homes or giving them more assitance as most of our seniors live below poverty levels....or what about schooling? Drop some of the tuition fee's that most young kids can't afford...the list goes on and on as to how better this money could be spent but the liberals and the NDP have got their heads stuck up someones arse so high that they can no longer attain the proper levels of oxygen to make a best informed decison! So now that their heads are stuck up someones elses arse so high ..they now have Sh!t for brains and make stupid decisons like keeping the gun registry!!!:eek::mad:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Key Ponit....has it stopped or made a difference in crime and at what cost.....its in the Billions and that money could be used for creating jobs, or feeding people that can't afford it...or better yet....building proper senior citizen homes or giving them more assitance as most of our seniors live below poverty levels....or what about schooling? Drop some of the tuition fee's that most young kids can't afford...the list goes on and on as to how better this money could be spent but the liberals and the NDP have got their heads stuck up someones arse so high that they can no longer attain the proper levels of oxygen to make a best informed decison! So now with their heads are stuck up someones elses arse so high ..they now have Sh!t for brains and make stupid decisons like keeping the gun registry!!!:eek::mad:

I think the one stat that really made me think was this one...

Spending in Canda

Cancer Research-34B

Gun registry-200B

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about the Police or RCMP have the right to enter your premises (your home or business) without a warrant if you have a registered firearm...in the name of safety...

So one night someone kicks your door down, you get scared grab your gun and shoot them, and it turns out to be a cop, you get charged with murder.

Someone kicks my door in, I grab my gun (that is unregistered) and blow the same cop away, and I am not charged as I am acting in self defense.

I never read anything past this...it was enough for me to oppose...

Has it stopped crime in any way? Stats say no...What is there to really discuss?

Spending in Canda

Cancer Research-34B

Gun registry-200B

I know isn't it sad...our political system is so fugged up man!!!!! Why oh WHY can't we get or change our system to get someone or a group of people together to lead our ONCE great nation to the potential it has for ALL Canadians benfit? I don't know what you do for a living ...but I come from a farm and had trucks and now work in the oilfield...not stupid but I don't have a degree in politics...and hollee....glad I don't as I would be as smart as the rest of the politicians we have. Could you imagine the liberals , NDP's running a Country that was broke? They'd get linched man! Why can the majority of Canadians see whats wrong but the powers that be can't see? Completly p!sses me off....whats it take to get a decent governement that will act in the sense of the peoples wishes....if anyone votes for the Liberals and NDP ....they should move outta Western Canada and go live with them idiots ....need air!

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Spending in Canda

Cancer Research-34B

Gun registry-200B

I don't need to see the numbers to know what's wrong because even spending just a buck on that program is wrong in so many ways and it's been proven over and over, but those numbers... pathetic absolutely pathetic; the Liberals and NDP should be ashamed of themselves. I hate hall monitors because they always make the majority suffer to satisfy their own wimpy selfishness.:realmad:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allan Rock.... I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

DOONORTH

Reaction score
:mad: AND WHERE IS MR ROCK TODAY? ENJOYING HIS GOV'T PENSION AND LAUGHING AT ALL OF US WHO ARE STRUGGLING ALONG WITH HIS LEGACY OF IDIOTIC POLICIES:bullrider::bullrider::Protest:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K now I am not trying to my ear chewed off but, what is the problem with the registry?? I have bought 2 rifles now and they did the registration when I bought them so I have not had to go through the trouble of getting older guns registered but it didnt cost me anything....

I just want to know why everyone hates it?

It's a shopping list for future confiscation. First it will be handguns, followed by semi's then pumps, get the pattern. Look to the UK or Australia for examples.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adolf Hitler, Fidel Castro, Mao Tze Tung, Karl Marx, and Benito Mussolini have supported gun control.

Something to think about.:rant:

Black08Brute

Reaction score
How many more billions is it going to take before they figure it out

Startup Costs: $2 billion 1995 - 2005($200 million/year)

Operational Costs: $100 million/yearly

Recovery Costs from the firearms community:

Principal payment fee: $286/gun*
Licence fee: $80**/5 years
Handgun Licence fee: $80***/5 years
Yearly Registration fee: $25/firearm
Transfer of gun fee: $25
Non-Compliance

Licencing
non-compliance 70%
Handgun Registration
non-compliance 70%
Long gun Registration
non-compliance 70%

* $2 Billion Cost / 7 million registered guns = $286/gun recoup start up costs.
** Required to take a $50 gun safety course..
*** Requires a restricted firearm handling course

Licencing and Registration Non-Compliance:

70% of licenced handgun owners have not registered their handguns.

530,000 licenced gun owners have not registered their long guns.

Over 5+ million gun owners do not have a licence and have not registered any guns.

Over 70% of all guns in Canada are not registered - approximately 20+ million guns in total with approximately 7 million guns registered. Yet the government wants us to believe that there is a 90% compliance rate.

Just how many firearms and owners are their in Canada?

# of guns in Canada according to the Liberals: 16.5 Million (Dec 13/01)
# of guns according to the 1976 Liberal Party: 10.5 million (Mar 19/76)
# of guns in Canada according to the NFA/LUFA: 21 Million (NFA)
# of guns in Canada according to Gov't Canadian Firearms Center:7+million, CFC changes this number yearly to mislead Canadians into thinking they have 90% compliance.
# of gun owners in Canada according to the Liberals: 3.3 Million (May 19/98)
# of gun owners in Canada according to NFA/LUFA: 7 Million (NFA)
# of guns registered: 6,896,948 (Jul 20/04)
# of registration issued without owner's name: all of them 6,896,948 (May 27/02 1 2)
# of licenced gun owners still to register their guns: 406,834 (Jul 20/04)
# of guns registered without Serial #: 728,046 (Aug 29/02 1 2)
# of guns registration forms with blank and unknown entries: 3,235,647 (Aug 29/02)
# of guns in registry still have to be Verified: 5.1 Million (Sep 9/03 1 2)
# of stolen guns registered that weren't supposed to be: 4,438 (Sep 11/03)
# of guns lost by and stolen from the RCMP: 108 (Sep 3/03)
# of guns lost by and stolen from the Defence Dept: 409 (Jul4/02)
# of "Stickers" issued for guns without Serial #s: 813,822 (Nov 1/02)
# registered with same serial numbers as stolen guns: 250,305 (Sep 11/03)
# of foreign firearms gov't has lost track of: 288,688 (Jan 15/04 1 2 3 )
# of employees working in the gun registry: 1,800 (April 12/01 - Feb 21/02)
# of Provinces opted out of the gun registry: 8 (August 29/01)
# of Provinces refusing to prosecute Firearm Act offences: 8 (Sep 13/03)
Percentage of people that want the Registry scrapped: 76.7% (Oct 30/03 1 2 3 4 5 6)
# of crimes solved with Handgun Registry: Gov't doesn't know (May 8/96)
# of crimes solved with Registered Handguns: Gov't doesn't know (Mar 9/04 1 2)
# of guns registered with same make & serial number: 222,911 (Mar 23/02)
# of duplicate firearms registration certificates issued: 26,800 (Jul 11/02)
# of owners of Registered Handguns without a licence: 304,375 (May 27/02 1 2)
# of gun licence holders gov't has lost track of: 38,629 (Feb 27/02)
# of registered handgun owners RCMP lost track of: 11,801 (Nov 18/02)
# of duplicate firearms licences issued: 832 (Jan 24/02)
# of firearms licences issued with wrong photo: 259 (Mar 18/02)
Error Rate in firearms licences: 71% (Apr 28/00)
Error Rate in firearms registration applications: 90% + 42% (Jul 18/01 1 2)
# of known breaches of Police CPIC System from 1995 - May 2003: 306 (Feb 12/04 1 2 3)
License issued without a firearms safety course: 15,381 (Jul 11/02)
# of background checks completed: Gov't doesn't know (Jun 3/03)
Gov't claims Gun Registry has cost and will cost: $1.4 Billion (Nov 24/04)
# of Cost Questions the Liberals failed to answer: 26 (Nov 24/04)
# of Registry Effectiveness questions the Liberals failed to answer: 16 (Mar 22/04)
Gun Registry Major Contracts April 1996 - Dec 2003: $342 million (May 5/04)
Cost to privatize the Gun Registry: $371 million (July 18/02 1 2 3 4 5)
Cost of Enforcing the Gun Registry: Gov't doesn't know (May 26/03)
Cost of Enforcement - Liberal Study: at least a billion more (Mar 24/03)
Cost of Compliance for Firearm Owners: Gov't doesn't know (May 26/03)
Cost of Compliance - Registering Guns: 117+ Million (Jun 30/03)
Cost of Compliance - Licencing Firearm Owners: $250+ million (Jun 30/03)
Cost Benefit Analysis on the Gun Registry: A Cabinet Secret (Mar 25/03 1 2)
Number of Charter Rights violated by the firearms Act before it became law: 17 (Oct 5/02)
# of insurance companies who think owning a gun is a risk: Zero (Mar 5/03)
Violent crimes involving a firearm: 1.4% (Sep 7/00 1 2)
Percentage of robberies committed with Long Guns: 1% (Nov 15/04 1 2 3 4)

More of the above Quick Facts can be found at Garry Breitkruez, MP CPC, Firearms Critic's website: Garry Breitkreuz, Member of Parliament Yorkton - Melville

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

drwhiskey

Reaction score
Western seperation is the only way. Quebec and Ontario practice mush head politics.!! I cant believe the money Alberta gives Quebec in equalization.

Top Bottom